Intro to Track School at TMP

Thread: Intro to Track School at TMP

Intro to Track School at TMP

Recommended for all new track riders.

3 dates this year, limited spaces available.
    Get comfortable riding the track on your motorcycle and learn!
    Besides, we don't have any speeding tickets here.

Re: Intro to Track School at TMP

bring our own bikes? or are we able to rent?

If its like years past, BYO.

Low chance of binning it in this class, unless you ride stupid and/or careless.

Bring your own bike

have alot of people damaged their bike in the past? i would love to come but would really like to wait until i get a track bike
    2008 Kawasaki ZZR600 Black (ZX6R)
    2006 Kawasaki ZZR600 Silver (SOLD)
    2007 Suzuki SV650 "R" (SOLD)
    2004 Suzuki GSX600 Katana (SOLD)
    2001 Kawasaki ZZR250 Ninja (SOLD)

No. This school is not a racing school and is designed to be a gentle low pressure way into the track. Only 2 lowsides in the history of the school and both bikes had minor damage and kept riding.
    Listen, use your head and you will have a great time.

Im down for sure. I want to get into track days this year and will be doing fast or turn 2 as well. Do most guys tow there bikes out? do all the same rules apply for normal track days? ie coolant out, mirrors off and glass taped up? what about kickstands? I have my own suit but do you guys rent out suits?

Quote Originally Posted by GixxerSixxer87 View Post
    Im down for sure. I want to get into track days this year and will be doing fast or turn 2 as well. Do most guys tow there bikes out? do all the same rules apply for normal track days? ie coolant out, mirrors off and glass taped up? what about kickstands? I have my own suit but do you guys rent out suits?
    Same rules as a regular track day, and like a track day, bike must pass a tech inspection before they will let you on the track. Usual suspects like tires, brakes and chain are checked. Make sure they are in good order.

Suit required, 1 or 2pc, they don't rent suits or bikes. mirrors removed or taped up, speedo, headlight, glass taped up. Kickstands ok.

You'd be best to tow, but you could ride out there. It's not a long tiring session.

It's simply an Intro to Track course, to ease you into attending regular track days and knowing what to expect, how to conduct yourself on the track safely for yourself and other riders. Nothing to do with racing or anything like that. There are other fine programs for this if this is what you are looking for.

Highly recommend. Defintitely a fun low pressure intro to the track program.
    Last edited by SunnY S; 04-09-2011 at 07:10 AM.

Many of the same rules apply.
    Kickstands are not required to be tied up for this, otherwise tech is the same.

No rental of suits available at this time.

About half of the people taking the course ride out to the course and back.

Quote Originally Posted by TMPracing View Post
    Many of the same rules apply.
    Kickstands are not required to be tied up for this, otherwise tech is the same.

No rental of suits available at this time.

About half of the people taking the course ride out to the course and back.
    May 21 still space?

yes

May 21 still space?

Quote Originally Posted by TMPracing View Post
    yes
    Booked

Cant wait!!!!!

any reviews on this? im thinking of taking this next year.
    still a noob.

Need prescription eyeglasses? contact me.

From Bmac

Well if anyone is debating taking this, DO IT!!! Best thing I have ever done. My hat goes off to Donald, Chris, Squire, London, and the other guys (sorry dont know anyones names.) This was very well run and I learned so much.

We started off for about an hour in the classroom and learnt the theory, and all the safety stuff, then headed out to the
    track. I was in a group with only myself and one other student! We were with London, who is an awesome teacher, and took us around the track showing us everything. We took turns following London to learn the proper lines to take in the corners and when to start braking. After each session we talked about what we had done, how it felt and what can be inproved, and then headed out for more. After a few sessions we took turns leading London around so he could see how we were doing, and correct when needed. Then for the last session we were let loose out on the track on our own. For a total of 2 hours on the track with personal instruction! The best part of it all I got my knee down! A couple times! Spooked the chit outa me the first few times tho! lol!

I cant get over how great this experience was, it was perfect, I especially liked that everything was taking baby steps to get there, I didnt feel pushed beyond my ability or comfort zone at anytime, We progressed at our own pace, and most important now I have the confidence to get out there on a real track day on my own, with out fear of being run off the track.

I honestly cant wait for my next track day.

Thanks again guys
    -------------------------------------------
    Kellen Writes
    Brian summed it up pretty well. 100% positive experience. Got both knees down at will on turn 7, 11, and 13/14 in the last 2 sessions. Absolutely can't wait to get back out there.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Declann Gunn
    oustanding class! learned so much (and even got a knee or two down)
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Annu
    What a great day! Thanks to TMP and the staff for putting on a great intro to track days. I've been waiting a long time to get out and this was a perfect way to build some confidence and get my feet wet.

Highly recommend it for anyone that is interested in track riding, but unsure how to start. THIS is where you should start

And nice to meet some of the GTAM peeps too!

------------------------------------------------------
    Harrison
    You said it perfect bro lol

Such a kick *** time...an yes..guess it is time to sell some mods so i can get back out there!! hahahahahah

Cant wait till i have some spare $ to get back on the throttle. Great job to all TMP staff, u guys kicked ***

First time EVER at a track an draggin knees is sick!!! lol
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Jeremy
    I too had a great time. Well organized and fully worth the $$$. Lots of track time and teachers were helpful.

Can't wait to get the VFR400R back on the track!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Kellen
    I agree guys what a great time. Thanks to crash and donald and all the others who helped in organizing and running it, and to the instructors. It was a very long day for all those guys. Getting knee down is the most incredible feeling in the world! I can't wait to get back out there.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Toymb
    Do It!!! It was and is a great way to get on-track.

Thanks to the guys at TMP Intro to Track Days, Donald, Chris, Squire, London, Mike M (my instructor) and the other insturctors, corner workers, everyone for a well put together program. they covered what is expected at tech, to the physics of going fast on a bike, to on track does and don`ts, everything I wanted to know and a bit more.

I initially thought that by the name of the course that it was going to be a mundane track experience, WRONG, the pace was surprisingly quick at times and instruction and advice was always available when needed.

It was good to meet a few of the GTAM membership there also. I have some video clips I`m trying to put together and a few photos(will post shortly), sorry If we missed you.

ps Now I fear I`m looking at getting a trackday bike, Oh boy I`m on the top of that slippery slope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    esindc
    It was a 500 and I'm still smiling ... even after the ride home that seemed like it would never end.

The whole thing was freakin awesome ... was so stoked I forgot to be nervous!

Thanks to all the instructors ... Chris gave me really good feedback and encouragement; Vinnie, London, Mike and Donald ... great guys, nice to have peeps so interested in helping beginners.

Good to see GTAMers, familiar faces and new faces to go with the handles.

If you've ever thought about going to the track this is an absolute must! I never would have consider going if not for this course.

I've been bitten by the track bug and I love it!
    -------------------------------------------------------
    more reviews

ts
    OMG...what can I say Awesome Awesome weekend.....

Went into the track school and rated myself at a 1 for confidence...Denise and I were put with with CrashBurn...the name enough made me nervous..lol...but after the first lap, I already feelt comfortable...We got sooooooo much one on one time with him...he would follow us, we'd follow him, so he was able to give us tips about what we were doing wrong and right....toes in, butt off, no running checked flags...opps

It was so much fun that i decided to sign up again for the lapping on Sunday. By the time Sunday roled around, I was feeling my confidence building, going a little faster and smoother, getting my butt off the seat, my toes in,...no knee down, but that well come!! everyone was so helpful, even when the instuctors weren't busy on Sunday, they would come out with me.

It was nice meeting everyone.....Denise you Rock!! Maggie and James, so much fun....Crashburn...what can i say! Donald thumbs up!..the the other instuctor that came with me on Sunday, i don't remember his name, but he helped me alot...also, there was a guy, who gave me bike parts on Sunday after i had a minor incidence...and also my SV twin [evo] for putting up with all my questions and my worries about losing bikes off the trailer...

We are now known as the SV couple who steals parts off one anothers bikes
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Declan Gunn
    you guys were great Donald, and thanks to Mike as well - great support and instruction.

I wish you guys the best with your program, my brother was with me this weekend and he already wants to sign up (after he gets his own ride...... lol)
    ------------------------------------------------
    Wormz
    Great school! It was a blast to finally see Fyrekrakr on the track.....the addiction has begun lol.

Tons of respect to Crashburn....I hovered over the on track discussions he had with his group and Chris really has a natural ability to teach. Not sure how the classroom was but as far as on-track instruction everybody just doing a trackday should ask Chris for a few laps and some feedback.

If you've never done track before the intro day is something you really should treat yourself to....hopefully they'll run more next season
    ---------------------
    Fyrekrakr
    Yes the addiction has begun.. start painting the kawi..
    what an awesome class.. loved it...
    Chris is a great teacher and I didn't think I could do it but thanks to Chris I did... awesome awesome can't say enough... and Squire your class set up was great...
    -----------------------------------------------------
    CrazyKell
    Huge thanks to everyone for their help!

I was so nervous I puked when I got to the track. :X

Once I got out there though it felt awesome. Couldn't wait to get back out. Squire did a great job of teaching. I'll definitely be looking for someone to take me out for a few laps in October.

I believe the addiction has started here too. I'm sitting at work making a list of all the things I'm going to buy over the winter for my track adventures next year.

I'm sold! When can I register for next season?
    Current: 2003 Suzuki GSX-R1000
    Previous ride: 2005 Yamaha FZ6

Schedule is not ready at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by silent_vik View Post
    any reviews on this? im thinking of taking this next year.
    I highly recommend it. I took the course earlier this season and it was well worth the money. You'll have a blast, seriously. I still like to watch my go-pro videos every once in a while to remind myself of how awesome it was .

Quote Originally Posted by Corsara View Post
    I'm sold! When can I register for next season?
    same.
    winter project... build a track bike!
    will keep a lookout for the schedule posted. hopefully i can make it.
    still a noob.

Need prescription eyeglasses? contact me.