Looking for riding mates - hangouts in town - weekend rides outside of town - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for riding mates - hangouts in town - weekend rides outside of town

Re: Looking for riding mates - hangouts in town - weekend rides outside of town

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    nice photography, indeed.
    Much respect Lax

Quote Originally Posted by Kool View Post
    Incredible pictures dude...ya you should be published.
    what a great idea brought up by yourself and matt123. Its moved me to look into sending them to a mag, but if you have any suggestions about which ones fire 'em through.
    Glad you enjoyed them, glad I could share.

Quote Originally Posted by mototrek View Post
    Well... in my case, you have been retired for 11 years and you have paid your dues by raising your kids straight and smart through their graduate and postgrad studies. After 30 odd years of marriage, the wife has run out of "NO"s

You have to make sure all your chores are done before you leave and you have to be gone for at least three days. That way they have experienced life without your A55 around the house, so when you get back, your presence is "APPRECIATED."

Oh, don't screw around when away. Be sure to return home deserving respect. That way you get to enjoy many rides and your brain is free to focus on the road and not making up stories.
    Spoken from a man with great experience, and your point is strong. Do the duties, satisfy the wife (if you can) but get out and free up the mind. No worries no hassles. Bob Seger has a song about a partner's need to leave for a while. Goes something like, And "I'll fight for the right to go over the hill, If it'll only mean something to me, I will not be persuaded, I wont be still , I'll find a way to be free.

Mototrek, Im glad that you still do

i'll come along for weekend ride, with my photo gear.

I'd be up for some weekend rides as well. Also, I've got a few 2-3 day trips this summer....anyone wanting to come along is welcome to join. Just pm for details.
    Canada is a country that doesn't know where it is going but is determined to set a speed record getting there.

dbajan,

Your photography is excellent.. Nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by dbajan View Post
    what a great idea brought up by yourself and matt123. Its moved me to look into sending them to a mag, but if you have any suggestions about which ones fire 'em through.
    Glad you enjoyed them, glad I could share.
    Send them some of your work...what do you have to lose...

Motorcycle Mojo
    http://www.motorcyclemojo.com/contact/careers/

Canadian Biker
    http://www.canadianbiker.com/contact-us

Cycle Canada
    http://www.cyclecanadaweb.com/contact/

Epic pics man! I ride an 1100 Shadow ACE, 95, with about 130 000 on her, 40 000 or so are mine. Daily commuter miles, mostly, with the usual day trips to Niagara and such. I don't get out much for real rides but maybe one day....

dbajan

I recommend you check out the ACRC: allcanadianridersclub.ca

We have chapters in and around Toronto - always rides happening local day rides or distance i.e Cape Breton, Tennessee (tail of the Dragon) Very good folks in this club and no BS.

Glenn (Coaster)
    Ontario Provincial Officer
    1st Officer ACRC Durham Chapter #001
    All Canadian Riders Club

im happy you enjoyed the photos. here's to a new season

Quote Originally Posted by toshison View Post
    dbajan,

Your photography is excellent.. Nice job.

Excellent pics n cool adventure brother. I'm also from NS n born in Sydney CB & was planning on taking a ride back east this spring as well on my Meanstreak. I ride it all the time in thr car but this will be a first on the bike so would be cool to meet up for a cold 1 n see what ur dates are n get some suggestions for gear etc.

If you're heading out to the motorcycle show this weekend at the International Center we could meet there for a beer.

Not sure if there's a meet n greet there for the GTAM cruiser crew but if so, could someone pm me the details, thanks.

Uncle D
    Last edited by UncleD; 04-04-2011 at 12:53 AM. Reason: typos

respect to you for taking the time to share those links. i have contacted all three. thank you kool for the insight

Quote Originally Posted by Kool View Post
    Send them some of your work...what do you have to lose...

Motorcycle Mojo
    http://www.motorcyclemojo.com/contact/careers/

Canadian Biker
    http://www.canadianbiker.com/contact-us

Cycle Canada
    http://www.cyclecanadaweb.com/contact/

coaster thanks for the info. im going to show up at the toronto chapter once things get going and see how the group goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    dbajan

I recommend you check out the ACRC: allcanadianridersclub.ca

We have chapters in and around Toronto - always rides happening local day rides or distance i.e Cape Breton, Tennessee (tail of the Dragon) Very good folks in this club and no BS.

Glenn (Coaster)
    Ontario Provincial Officer
    1st Officer ACRC Durham Chapter #001
    All Canadian Riders Club

D I might show sometime sunday. ive sent you contact info if youll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleD View Post
    Excellent pics n cool adventure brother. I'm also from NS n born in Sydney CB & was planning on taking a ride back east this spring as well on my Meanstreak. I ride it all the time in thr car but this will be a first on the bike so would be cool to meet up for a cold 1 n see what ur dates are n get some suggestions for gear etc.

If you're heading out to the motorcycle show this weekend at the International Center we could meet there for a beer.

Not sure if there's a meet n greet there for the GTAM cruiser crew but if so, could someone pm me the details, thanks.

Uncle D

Totally down for a cruise. 36 going on 27; vstar 1100. Looking forward to some nice rides soon
    Wherever you may roam
    May you own your road.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckerjay View Post
    Totally down for a cruise. 36 going on 27; vstar 1100. Looking forward to some nice rides soon
    right on brother. I've pm'd you contact info. End of april early may should be getting there. She'll warm up soon enough!

Sweet pics!

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photog...sx-r1000-1.jpg

09 GSXR 1000- (aka- My Baby)
    07 GSXR 600 (aka- sex hundred)- Stolen
    02 SV650 (aka- trumpet)- Stolen
    03 GS500(aka- My First Love)- Crashed

(I quit therapy because my analyst was trying to help me behind my back.)
    .............................$$$$Caught ya you looked$$$$

Awesome pics. More power to those who can escape.
    ......"Nowhere is one as free as on the road with no destination in mind"

2007 Vulcan 1500 FI - Still Thrillin'
    2003 Honda Shadow Ace (sold)
    1979 Yamaha 650 Special (sold)

You photo's are amazing and what great detail in the write-ups! Looks like it was quite the trip. Thanks for sharing.

I'll give ya a ride...........Crowsnest Hwy - if ya haven't tried it, you may get a smile from it.......and when you finish it, east to west, continue on to Vancouver Island. Hit all you can there, and look around at the Sea to Sky on the mainland and do the Duffy Lake loop.....I can assure you, you won't be disappointed ! Bring lots of memory space in the camera and a charger/spare batteries......you'll need it !