Looking for riding mates - hangouts in town - weekend rides outside of town

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for riding mates - hangouts in town - weekend rides outside of town

Looking for riding mates - hangouts in town - weekend rides outside of town

Hello and lots of respect for the GTA community.

I'm 24 and ride an 1100 Shadow cruiser. I've clocked over 25,000 kms over my riding time, including lots of trips around Ontario, and time out to San Francisco across the US prarie land of Iowa, Nebraska, Garden of the Gods in Colorado and through the Rockies. Crossed Nevada on old US 50. Been North of Utah through Yellowstone and southern Montana and east through Stuges South Dakota and the Badlands NP.

You can check out some of my pictures from California (im in several) and other rides around Ontario including Algonquin in the Fall.
    http://www.soaringframes.com/reins-o...an-francisco-2

I'm looking to join up with like-minded cruisers for hangouts in or around Toronto. I like to learn and hear stories from more seasoned riders of any age.
    Last edited by dbajan; 03-19-2011 at 07:31 PM.

Re: Looking for riding mates - hangouts in town - weekend rides outside of town

Cool pics. I don't ride a cruiser but I've done some pretty amazing trips and look forward to doing more. Anything big planned for this season?

lets plan something dude!!! I'm up for it!! I ride a VTX Honda 1800cc live in Toronto
    VTX 1800R

How do you guys do/accomplish these sort of tours, with all due respect - jobs, wives/mistresses, kids (legitimate and illegitimate), dogs/cats/goldfish don't throw up roadblocks? Or are you the perpetual traveler/drifter, working only to get up a bank account in order to see you through the next great trip (truly curious here)...
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

hahahaha good point man!!!! im trying to save for saddlebags for the trip lol
    VTX 1800R

Quote Originally Posted by mac_135 View Post
    Cool pics. I don't ride a cruiser but I've done some pretty amazing trips and look forward to doing more. Anything big planned for this season?
    Glad you like the pics man. This season I'm heading out to the East Coast to Cape Breton and the Cabot Trail. See the coast, and take in the views. Not to mention some great Atlantic seafood.

Welcome, and your pictures are beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by TIBURON View Post
    lets plan something dude!!! I'm up for it!! I ride a VTX Honda 1800cc live in Toronto
    Sounds good bro, lets swap contact info via pm.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_sarcasm View Post
    How do you guys do/accomplish these sort of tours, with all due respect - jobs, wives/mistresses, kids (legitimate and illegitimate), dogs/cats/goldfish don't throw up roadblocks? Or are you the perpetual traveler/drifter, working only to get up a bank account in order to see you through the next great trip (truly curious here)...
    You've hit the nail on the head. Riding is all about balancing those things. You have a free roaming spirit, you go. Most likely your partner does too and comes along, or understands why you have to leave sometimes. All the other things are definitely important but there are stages for 'em. Lotta guys hit the dusty roads outside of town for years, sit in the bars, howl with the boys; then they have kids and they might do a ride or two a year. The kids grow, and move out, and then you buy back the bike you had, or one like it, and hit the road again. If you have lots of commitments, but really want to go, get rid of 'em. You might be surprised how much better you feel anyway, and the open road will only help.

Myself, I work hard, but work my riding in around my commitments, because of its importance to me. If the mistress turns sour, you might have to spend some time on that too!

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieRev View Post
    Welcome, and your pictures are beautiful
    Thanks Ronnie, much appreciated!

Incredible pictures and great write up.Looks and reads like something out of a biker magazine.You should send that in for print.

Hey man great pics, I'd be down for a good trip, I ride an M50 and live downtown, PM me if you're interested. I did the east coast last year, it was fun, although a little rushed. Cheers mate!

Quote Originally Posted by dbajan View Post
    Hello and lots of respect for the GTA community.

I'm 24 and ride an 1100 Shadow cruiser. I've clocked over 25,000 kms over my riding time, including lots of trips around Ontario, and time out to San Francisco across the US prarie land of Iowa, Nebraska, Garden of the Gods in Colorado and through the Rockies. Crossed Nevada on old US 50. Been North of Utah through Yellowstone and southern Montana and east through Stuges South Dakota and the Badlands NP.

You can check out some of my pictures from California (im in several) and other rides around Ontario including Algonquin in the Fall.
    http://www.soaringframes.com/reins-o...an-francisco-2

I'm looking to join up with like-minded cruisers for hangouts in or around Toronto. I like to learn and hear stories from more seasoned riders of any age.
    Awesome Pics. I don't have a cruiser, but I would be up for a mild-distance trip over a few days. Would be fun to get a few like-minded bikers and do it up for a week.

P.s Welcome to the site.
    Never to be taken seriously. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by dbajan View Post
    Glad you like the pics man. This season I'm heading out to the East Coast to Cape Breton and the Cabot Trail. See the coast, and take in the views. Not to mention some great Atlantic seafood.
    I did that trip in September, there's tons of info on this site but if you have any questions about roads or routes shoot me a PM. It was unreal and I will without a doubt be doing that trip again in the future, such a different world out there!

nice photography, indeed.

Incredible pictures dude...ya you should be published.

Well... in my case, you have been retired for 11 years and you have paid your dues by raising your kids straight and smart through their graduate and postgrad studies. After 30 odd years of marriage, the wife has run out of "NO"s

You have to make sure all your chores are done before you leave and you have to be gone for at least three days. That way they have experienced life without your A55 around the house, so when you get back, your presence is "APPRECIATED."

Oh, don't screw around when away. Be sure to return home deserving respect. That way you get to enjoy many rides and your brain is free to focus on the road and not making up stories.
    Pk! (aka mototrek)

I would be more than interested in an East coast trip. I live in the yonge Finch area. I try to get out as much as possible. I've put on maybe 28k in last 3 riding season.

Quote Originally Posted by h_riderca View Post
    I would be more than interested in an East coast trip. I live in the yonge Finch area. I try to get out as much as possible. I've put on maybe 28k in last 3 riding season.
    If I were to do it again I would definitely take at least 2 weeks to fully enjoy the sights and scenic roads. Just don't rush it like I did :/ Not quite sure where my next destination will be, but I might take off the whole month of august to go somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by matt123 View Post
    Incredible pictures and great write up.Looks and reads like something out of a biker magazine.You should send that in for print.
    what great words man and a great idea. I'll look into contacting a magazine. Any suggestions / favorites that might fit the style of the shots? I enjoy sharing the stories and pictures as much as I enjoy the trips so any way to pass them along I'm interested in.