Who's at fault and what % of fault? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's at fault and what % of fault?

Just a little update... There is no update. Been a week and a half now. The bike is the girlfriend's only transportation so she's getting a little ****** off. She had been riding around and just had new tires put on the day before. She's ****** she's back on the ttc and waiting for Jevco to decide what they're doing with the bike. The appraiser finally saw it on Wednesday, week after the accident.

I'm thinking of insuring my Harley earlier than planned just so she can ride my KYMCO but would rather not dish out the bucks right now. Any chance of her being able to temporarily switch her policies. She keeps meaning to ask her Jevco rep but I think she's too busy biting her lips til they bleed every time she has to call him for a status non-update.

Re: Who's at fault and what % of fault?

Quote Originally Posted by adri View Post
    Just a little update... There is no update. Been a week and a half now. The bike is the girlfriend's only transportation so she's getting a little ****** off. She had been riding around and just had new tires put on the day before. She's ****** she's back on the ttc and waiting for Jevco to decide what they're doing with the bike. The appraiser finally saw it on Wednesday, week after the accident.

I'm thinking of insuring my Harley earlier than planned just so she can ride my KYMCO but would rather not dish out the bucks right now. Any chance of her being able to temporarily switch her policies. She keeps meaning to ask her Jevco rep but I think she's too busy biting her lips til they bleed every time she has to call him for a status non-update.
    I've had to make a claim through Jevco once before, and they were very fast and were more than fair. I guess it depends on the adjuster you get. On the positive side, your girlfriend probably wouldn't be doing much riding during this second blast of winter anyway.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Took a month or so to get my claim settled with Jevco. I don't think you should expect it to go any faster.

GWS rider

if I am not mistaken.. she can put her plate on your bike... and drive it for "6" days ,, because she "just" bought it from you,, right. <wink> ,,, don't date the bill of sale ... her insurance covers her on your bike with her plate on it..

or... if she takes your bike,, and changes the plate portion of the title into her name,, because you leased the bike to her for $1 .. then I don't think a safety is required,, no taxes.. and she notifies the ins.co. to cover her on that bike.
    the vehicle portion of the title stays in your name..

when my adj did my claim... a $3500 bike... I was offered $7000 ... so I said OK! .. the reply was "Really?" then they said they would have a wrecker pick up the bike.,, I said no way.
    so the ammended the offer to $6700 and I kept the bike. It wasn't branded either.

the claim was for my clothing,,, $150 pants,$300 boots, $800 helmet, $100 gloves, $500 coat, $100 underwear
    plus the bike.. I dunno how they added up to $7k ...

because there was a fuel leak.. and the appraiser was over a week getting to see me.. I had already thrown all my gear out.. .so they couldn't even see them to dispute the claim. They did reduce the helmet as I told them I was pretty sure it was a S100 Shoei... darn older models numbers!