VERY UNAPPEALING QUOTE... need help! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VERY UNAPPEALING QUOTE... need help!

Re: VERY UNAPPEALING QUOTE... need help!

Quote Originally Posted by suprPHREAK View Post
    Welcome to Ontario.

State Farm only wants to take on clients with clean records. Your ticket (which you should have fought), to them says you are a crappy driver and they have put you on B-Plan. Which is rape. All the same, I would suggest you call around to more insurance companies, and see what they say. Maybe someone will overlook the ticket, but even without it sounds pretty high.

I might ask...did you look into insurance rates before buying? Sadly, that is a necessity in this province.

As for "borrowing" from your friend: in order to do so, you will need to "sell" the bike to him, and pay the taxes. Given that is is brand new, the MTO will expect it to be approx $6000 minimum, so $780ish. Next though, is your friend would have to add you to the policy as an occasional driver, otherwise you are not covered at all. And since you are the highest-risk driver, all of your friends rates will be assigned according to you and your record. So, in reality, you will see very little savings to go that route, and would just screw your friend in the process.

I know its not the best news, but this is where we live.
    Misinformation.........the Mto will expect tax paid on what the buyer claims......could be $100 bucks.

Try Primmum... my brothers both have them and rates are pretty good...

Quote Originally Posted by ninja650r View Post
    state farm ... quotes include renters discount, multiline, and student discount.
    Please call Katherine at State Farm....

Katherine McMillan
    97 King Avenue East, Unit 101
    Newcastle, Ontario L1B 1H3
    Tel - 905-987-1221
    Toll free - 1 866 930 1221
    email - katherine@greglewis.ca

Tell her the following things:

1. You don't own a car. Have no idea what she's talking about and NO I don't want a quote on a combo deal with my car.
    2. You absolutely do NOT want life insurance.
    3. There was something else they try and sign you up for that totally screws your quote when you have tickets, but I forget now. Just say NO NO NO NO NO to everything.

Hint: Your car tickets ONLY count against your motorcycle insurance if you get the quote with life insurance!! (assuming you have 2 or less convictions).

Call her, she will make you happy. NO LIFE INSURANCE, NO COMBO DEAL, NOTHING! Just bike quote.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Please call Katherine at State Farm....

Katherine McMillan
    97 King Avenue East, Unit 101
    Newcastle, Ontario L1B 1H3
    Tel - 905-987-1221
    Toll free - 1 866 930 1221
    email - katherine@greglewis.ca

Tell her the following things:

1. You don't own a car. Have no idea what she's talking about and NO I don't want a quote on a combo deal with my car.
    2. You absolutely do NOT want life insurance.
    3. There was something else they try and sign you up for that totally screws your quote when you have tickets, but I forget now. Just say NO NO NO NO NO to everything.

Hint: Your car tickets ONLY count against your motorcycle insurance if you get the quote with life insurance!! (assuming you have 2 or less convictions).

Call her, she will make you happy. NO LIFE INSURANCE, NO COMBO DEAL, NOTHING! Just bike quote.

-Jamie M.
    This would only apply if you have over 5 years of having your G correct? Or was it 21 & over?

Quote Originally Posted by PLau View Post
    This would only apply if you have over 5 years of having your G correct? Or was it 21 & over?
    It's 5 years of having your G class license, i.e. G1 + G2, etc, not just the full G time. The 21 and over thing generally applies to the 5 year license part (16 + 5 = 21).

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianTundraGuy View Post
    Try Primmum... my brothers both have them and rates are pretty good...
    Primmum is a good option for people over 30yo.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

It's 5 years of having your G class license, i.e. G1 + G2, etc, not just the full G time. The 21 and over thing generally applies to the 5 year license part (16 + 5 = 21).

-Jamie M.
    True, but a company only has to credit you for a maximum of 1 year for the time that you held your G1 (although some might credit you with the full G1 experience). For example, if you had your G1 for three years, it would only could as one year of experience. It's always in your best interest to get your license ASAP -- I always wondered why people drag out the process. I couldn't wait to get my license since I was like 8 years old :P
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Misinformation.........the Mto will expect tax paid on what the buyer claims......could be $100 bucks.
    This is true, but it doesn't change the fact that insuring under someone else's name is illegal.

Sorry, but that doesn't make sense. I think you or your agent are misunderstanding something.

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    Sorry, but that doesn't make sense. I think you or your agent are misunderstanding something.
    I've had a bunch of people sign up with SF using this information. Person has a ticket or two, quote with life insurance = $385/mo, quote without life insurance = $127/mo! Don't ask me how or why!

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

I've had a bunch of people sign up with SF using this information. Person has a ticket or two, quote with life insurance = $385/mo, quote without life insurance = $127/mo! Don't ask me how or why!

-Jamie M.
    That's bizarre. I can't see any reason why that would happen. If you said Auto instead of Life, then it would make a bit more sense. I would be curious to know the reasoning if a State Farm agent would like to PM me.