Loud pipes are annoying - Page 2

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Loud pipes are annoying

Re: Loud pipes are annoying

Quote Originally Posted by chidizzle View Post
    Why do people insist on getting loud little white poodles on their bikes?

Is it considered a safety feature? If so, do insurance companies lower their premiums if you tell them about it?
    You know ....I don't know
    07 Buell XB12Ss
    Black, jardine exhaust, race ecm, k&n filter,
    CRG Hindsight bar end mirrors, crossroads handle bars, dieselmoto fender eliminator, gel grips, 010 Buell firebolt tire hugger and belt guard, S-10 British avon gas mask, right side air scoop, Buell pegasus decal and pazzo levers and then 5-0dro sliders & Rizoma track 77 led signals

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    They'll hear you after you've already passed them.. not before you do, unless you're one of those jerkoffs that rides around at 14,000rpm in 1st gear all day. That'll work.
    hey it's not like harley riders pass anyone, so you don't have to hear them from behind. it lets you know about them as you come up on them...
    x

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    hey it's not like harley riders pass anyone, so you don't have to hear them from behind. it lets you know about them as you come up on them...
    yeah, at least it's brief
    Don't want no pickle.

Quote Originally Posted by torontoZX6R View Post
    PS chiddizle...we ride bikes cause theyre fast, powerful and LOUD. and it makes our dicks hard just thinking about it.

If you want quiet and safe, get a camry.
    By "we" you must be refering to **********.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepin View Post
    lol OP Cali passed a law starting in 2013 no more aftermarket exhausts. Might want to move there if it bothers you so much. just my .2
    It amazes me how many people still think there are no legal issues associated with aftermarket exhausts in Ontario.

My dirtbike has had to pass a sound test for **** sake.

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

The smart dealers will be stockpiling the stock exhausts, so that they can double or triple their money in the near future.

Actually, they could almost name their own price, if you HAVE to buy your own garbage back.
    Last edited by Baggsy; 03-12-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adri View Post
    PS: Anyone with doubts about pipes try what I did: Ride a 50cc scooter in downtown Toronto, then ride any midsize bike with an aftermarket exhaust and let me know if loud pipes don't make a difference.
    Maybe the ability to keep up with traffic has something to do with the midsize being safer.
    "You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime." (Burt Munro)

Loud pipes don't save lifes but, they do put a smile on my face. Like everything else in life, they are not the problem. It's the numb skulls that can't help themselves and ruin it for everyone else. The sound of a big block chev or Ferrari, or Ducati or Bonnie, RZ350 and even a Harley can make sweet music. My Harley can be loud but, I never have a problem with my neighbours or anywhere I ride.

a good buddy of mine just ordered a set of straight pipes for his harley. When i found out and asked why he felt the overwhelming urge to be an obnoxious ****ing retard, he just giggled and said nah it'll be cool.
    Driving a cage is to have sanity forced upon you.

I'm going to enjoy my two bros. exhaust very much this season
    Last edited by Deimos; 03-12-2011 at 03:57 PM.
    Current: '04 Suzuki SV650n
    '06 Honda CBR F4i
    '06 Suzuki GS500F: Gone but not forgotten

Unfortunately loud pipes just add to noise pollution especially in urban areas, also gives non riders a negative impression of motorcycle riders, the worst culprits seem to be custom harley riders, you can hear them coming and going from blocks away on their $30,000.00 rides and $10 brain buckets

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by geordie View Post
    Unfortunately loud pipes just add to noise pollution especially in urban areas, also gives non riders a negative impression of motorcycle riders, the worst culprits seem to be custom harley riders, you can hear them coming and going from blocks away on their $30,000.00 rides and $10 brain buckets
    Fortunately there is a standards-based test available to objectively measure exhaust noise at roadside, and we're going to see it in action on Caledon roads this year. I do hope they set up an exhaust check in the center of Belfountain in view of the bleacher seats at the Shed. I also hope that it works out as an effective enforcement measure that can be duplicated across the province either through local bylaws or as a general amendment to the HTA.
    Last edited by turbodish; 03-12-2011 at 02:08 PM.

I don't know where you live, but around my parts I can here a Harley 1 block away, but I can hear rockets with after market pipes well over a mile away, It dose not bother me in the least. After market pipes are fine on any bike, as long as they are designed and tuned for that bike. Strait pipes with no baffels sound like crap on any road bike.
    1990 Fatboy
    Stage 3 EVO

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepin View Post
    just my .2
    That's actually 20 cents...
    "It's only once you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Tyler Durden

2005 SV650S : Mar 2011 - Oct 2011

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    +1 on that CruisnGrrl, That way you know we are there and you can safely pass us.
    1990 Fatboy
    Stage 3 EVO

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    I'd be careful,

His poodle makes more power than that goofy oil leaker you're so proud of.

But...if it wasn't for the lack of horsepower and oil leaks...I'd get so far away from my house I wouldn't be able to follow my oil trail to find my way home! And I likes coming homes! And for your information, I passed at least 2 poodles while out riding today!

Kudos for originality Reci (can I call you that?), I have seriously never heard a Harley oil leak joke before. Very well played.
    Last edited by Myztyk; 03-12-2011 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Cold fingers from riding make typing hard.
    2007 VRSCDX Night Rod Special - aka. The Bike I wanted in the first place.
    2002 Honda Shadow 750 ACE

Straight Pipes 4 life!

Your FIRST post is a post slagging custom Harleys? You sir, will fit right in with the GTAM crowd.
    2007 VRSCDX Night Rod Special - aka. The Bike I wanted in the first place.
    2002 Honda Shadow 750 ACE

Straight Pipes 4 life!

Loud pipe can help with those idiot that never do their shoulder check. Never remember that zzzzz on the side of your car and checked to see what it was? Now imagine you are that idiot that never do his shoulder check, you just kill somebody!

Anyway I don't have loud pipe, I keep them stock.
    Hercule CC130 J Support our troop by air

Pilot without technician are just walker with cool jacket and sunglasse

RACING Because football, baseball, bowling and golf only require ONE BALL

Quote Originally Posted by adri View Post
    PS: Anyone with doubts about pipes try what I did: Ride a 50cc scooter in downtown Toronto, then ride any midsize bike with an aftermarket exhaust and let me know if loud pipes don't make a difference.
    Actually... they don't. Statistically speaking you're better off with a louder horn and high visibility gear.

"77% of motorcycle accident hazards come from in front of the rider, while only 3% approach from the rear. What's interesting here is that motorcycle pipes direct the vast majority of sound backwards where the least danger is, so for loud pipes to be truly effective safety measures they would need to be pointed forward where the greatest danger lies."

http://www.virginiawind.com/byways/l...save_lives.asp
    http://www.timescolonist.com/loud+bi...922/story.html

Quote Originally Posted by Acadian1974 View Post
    Statistically speaking you're better off with a louder horn and high visibility gear.
    Loud horns are your best friend in traffic. Most of them can be hidden behind the fairings and can be super loud.
    "It's only once you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Tyler Durden

2005 SV650S : Mar 2011 - Oct 2011