2010 Honda CBR125R MSRP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Honda CBR125R MSRP

2011 Honda CBR125R MSRP

Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting a 2011 Honda CBR125R. the MSRP on honda.ca is $3,499, but on the dealership's website, they are advertising it for $3,899, $400 more than the MSRP. Do you know why is that?

Also, last spring Honda has a $300 discount on their latest CBR125 model. Do you think this year it will have the same or similar promo? And if they do, will the dealers really follow?

Thanks!
    Last edited by nemoburger; 03-30-2011 at 02:57 PM. Reason: 2010 -> 2011

Re: 2010 Honda CBR125R MSRP

check out honda's website...2008 models are going for $1999 plus taxes/freight/pdi...i paid just over $2300 for mine in december all included...oh, and they're brand new...mine is still in the box...some may have a few (under 10) km from moving around or test drives, but that's it...

But I really like the new 2011 model, the tires are wider than previous models'.
    Last edited by nemoburger; 03-30-2011 at 02:58 PM. Reason: 2010 -> 2011

The one you are looking at on the Honda page is a 2011 model, maybe on the dealerships page its a 2010?
    My name is Grant and I work at the Honda store in Milton, if you want some questions answered you can call me at 905-864-7192 ext 211

Take it easy

That new CBR125 is 20lbs+ heavier. Just so you know. Even further taking away from the little power it had to begin with.

1999 Magna VF750C
    2001 SV650S
    1997 CBR900RR sold
    2005 ZZR-250 sold

russell is correct in that the model on the website is the 2011 one...however, if you go under special offers and click on the honda show stoppers 3 for 3 link, you'll find that the 2008 are on for $1999 plus you get an additional 1 year of honda plus warranty and special financing offers including no down payment, no payments for 90 days and no interest for 60 days....personally, since this is your first bike and from what i've been told, will probably outgrow it farily quickly, i wouldn't waste the extra money on bigger tires...just my two cents worth...

here's the link by the way...

http://hondacanada.ca/NR/rdonlyres/e...rs3for3EN1.pdf

i was in your position a year ago. i was attracted by the discount they were offering, so i went to the honda dealership and everything, talked to the guys there. ALMOST bought it. then decided that i might as well wait a year to see if they were still there (which my predctions are correct, they're still there), at which point the discount would be massive (rather than 400 bucks).

i'm new at riding too, so i'm really in no place to give any advice. but i've been researching for two years (did my m1x in 2009) so i just wanted to share some stuff. if you're looking for a first bike, know that the 125, although its cheap to buy, run and insure, will get you bored in no time. also, if you're looking at going on the highway at all, it isn't ideal at all. the training class i took had cbr125s, and they do feel a tad small...after all this research and scouring through forums and all, the conclusion i got was that NOT buying the 125 was probably a good decision, as the most highly recommended first bikes in the sportbike range are the ninja250s and 500s and the suzuki gs500, which are easy to learn on, enough so you don't feel too intimidated on the highway, forgiving enough that you won't get into too much trouble and enough of a challenge that you won't get bored of it too soon. so i decided on the kawi ninja250 as a starting point.

i had talked to a dealer for like 3 months about buying a used kawi ninja250 for my first bike, and i got to the dealership (after like a year of consideration) and found a brand new gs500f for $3999, which is like a couple hundred bucks more than a used 250 will run you. as a comparison point, a used 2005-2009 gs500f on kijiji would run you $3800-$4500 (as listed on the ads..). not sure if you'd be interested, but since your budget appears to be 3000ish, suzuki is giving a huge manufacturers rebate on 2009 gs500f models right now.

hope that helps?

You can save a lot of money sitting around and researching motorcycles for 2 years... If you wait 2 more years those 09 CBRs will be even cheaper but if you take up that philosophy it'll be a long time before you ever ride with us, glad you came around hc

when I went to paris a week ago bikes/scooters outnumbered cars. most people were on 150cc or less. I saw a ton of 125cc class motorcycles (they have way more selection!). they seemed to get around just fine. infact, damn fast. I get tired of the cc argument. this isn't enough, or that's not enough.... small tires == nimble.

if you're bored with it after a month learn to do a wheelie.
    any poser can go fast in a straight line, guess what, we live in ontario. the speed limit is 100.

$1999 is a great deal, save the 1500 for your second bike, you'll even earn $50 interest (ING?). the next bike will have much larger tires than both old and new 125's combined I'm sure.
    Engine size is compensation for tiny odometers. // You either drag knee in -3 or pose in 20.
    2001 ex500 420+ km on a single tank. Mods: Digital Speedomoter / Corbin Seat / Works Performance Shock / braided brake lines / fake pezzo levers / integrated mirror+turn signals / gps power cord + ram mount / heated grips. / Heat troller for winter gear Fairing repair tutorial

I noticed the 2008 Honda CBR125 are on sale for 1999 too!

I havent had a chance to contact a dealer yet - any one know if there are any dealers that carry these?
    Is this just limited to honda powerhouse stores? I'm in toronto and really looking to get a new CBR125 for this summer (new rider - just getting all my numbers together before i go out and spend my hard earned cash lol)

Quote Originally Posted by ifiddles View Post
    ...since this is your first bike and from what i've been told, will probably outgrow it farily quickly...[/URL]
    ou

With all due respect, what you have been told is not fact, but opinion. CBR125 is a really nice bike.
    2007 Honda CBR125r
    Prov. 15:1
    John 8:7

On my 2008 125r i had to change into 2nd gear in the middle of every intersection, or run the rpm near/at redline. It was quite annoying to say the least, but it was a really fun bike and a great choice for any first time rider.

Quote Originally Posted by BioRouge View Post
    I noticed the 2008 Honda CBR125 are on sale for 1999 too!

I havent had a chance to contact a dealer yet - any one know if there are any dealers that carry these?
    Is this just limited to honda powerhouse stores? I'm in toronto and really looking to get a new CBR125 for this summer (new rider - just getting all my numbers together before i go out and spend my hard earned cash lol)
    hi biorouge...i bought mine at Burlington Cycle...talk to Rick Start...he's great...905-637-6987...tell him ivana sent you...i know it's far from you, but he'll give you a sweet deal and most likely deliver the bike as well...they only have white ones though...

btw, don't go to ready honda in mississauga, they're still trying to sell them for in and around the $3000 mark...
    Last edited by ifiddles; 03-25-2011 at 08:02 AM. Reason: more information

Quote Originally Posted by nemoburger View Post
    Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting a 2010 Honda CBR125R. the MSRP on honda.ca is $3,499, but on the dealership's webiste, they are advertising it for $3,899, $400 more than the MSRP. Do you know why is that?
    Check whether the other price includes the freight and PDI (pre-delivery inspection) charges. What matters is the bottom line ... the number you write out the check for. MSRP doesn't include that. There's tax on top of this, too - but there's tax on top of everything.

It's already been established that you are talking about the 2011 model. There was no 2010 model.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonPig View Post
    That new CBR125 is 20lbs+ heavier. Just so you know. Even further taking away from the little power it had to begin with.
    Yep, it's heavier, but there have also been some tuning changes. All we know at this point is that the ECU, cylinder head, the adapter to the throttle body, the throttle body itself, and the airbox have different part numbers, and it's geared differently. (Having been inside those engines changes to the intake system could make a significant difference ... remains to be seen whether they made the right changes ...)

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet132 View Post
    On my 2008 125r i had to change into 2nd gear in the middle of every intersection, or run the rpm near/at redline. It was quite annoying to say the least, but it was a really fun bike and a great choice for any first time rider.
    So what if you have to shift gears mid-intersection? The only time that's frowned upon is during your road test and it baffles me why this is the case. Deal with it during the road test, then after you finish the road test and the instructor isn't watching any more, just shift gears when appropriate ... If that's in the midst of an intersection, so be it. I don't even think about shifting, I just do it.

BTW when I bought my cbr125 I had 20 years of riding experience, and there's quite a number of others out there who got fed up with the big-bike scene. I do have multiple toys, but I ride the cbr125 more than the others put together ...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    BTW when I bought my cbr125 I had 20 years of riding experience, and there's quite a number of others out there who got fed up with the big-bike scene. I do have multiple toys, but I ride the cbr125 more than the others put together ...
    Now those are the words of encouragement that make me smile. I'm glad I got a CBR 125 too. Can't wait till my tests are done so I can enjoy the little beast
    I sat on a bunch of bikes while i was at the dealers and to be honest they all scared the **** out of me lol - CBR 125 was the least scary hehe.

Is it possible to put a bigger back tire on the 125?

2011 model, or the old one??

It's normally possible to go 10mm beyond stock width without too much trouble.

The 2011 model comes standard with a 130-width rear tire. You can get plenty of good tires with 140 width.

The old 125 has narrow rims. A popular aftermarket choice is the Pirelli MT75 which is 10mm wider front and rear.

Wider tires than that will be pinched in too much because of the narrow rims.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    2011 model, or the old one??

It's normally possible to go 10mm beyond stock width without too much trouble.

The 2011 model comes standard with a 130-width rear tire. You can get plenty of good tires with 140 width.

The old 125 has narrow rims. A popular aftermarket choice is the Pirelli MT75 which is 10mm wider front and rear.

Wider tires than that will be pinched in too much because of the narrow rims.
    I was thinking 08+ It's a nice looking bike and a great starter, but looks like a bicycle with the skinny tires.

Before purchasing a 125 please consider your options. Many people call us right after they pick upmtheir 125 wanting to trade it in. Just not enough power for them. Keep in mind that you do want so drying to start on, but you will get bored very quickly on a 125.
    Come Ride With Us
    Quality Used Motorcycles
    www.ridewithvos.com

anyone suggests a dealer? i am going to buy a CBR125. it is possible to take a new one(08 model) for $2000 including tax?
    By the way, i would never ride on HWY. so please dont tell me power is insufficient. lol
    thanks!!