Like a Pheonix reborn.......thanks to Heritage Auto!!!!!

Thread: Like a Pheonix reborn.......thanks to Heritage Auto!!!!!

Like a Pheonix reborn.......thanks to Heritage Auto!!!!!

I got clipped by a car the end of last season so I brought my bike to Daniel at Heritage Auto for the repairs since he was the only one that was able to diagnose my braking issue last season. This guy is a perfectionist! (pics taken with blackberry, sorry for the quality)

So while insurance was paying for the damage as I was not at fault, I figured now since the bike is in pieces I should fix the other small issues I was having.

Daniel was nice enough to store my bike over the winter and take pictures of step by step process of the fix.

This is what the bike looked like after the accident:

He stripped it down to this and inspected the bike thoroughly!

I decided to get the Steering stem ball bearings fix. The bike was shaking last year and nobody knew why until Daniel figured it out.

The rotors where causing by braking issues last year. He noticed that rotors also needed to be replaced. Pads where getting chewed up. 3 sets last year! I didn't know why.

Front end back on

Cluster being reinstalled

Replaced OEM exhaust with a new one. I don't like scratched parts

Decided to install custom R1 throttle tube and new special edition D3 grips

Replaced oem levers with silver shorty pazzo's

Figured bikes exposed, might as well do a tune up. New BMC air filter and spark plugs, oil change, rad flush

Rear fairing installed

Front fairing installed

Side fairings installed and bike getting detailed. He replaced all the stripped screw and bolts. Some of the push pins where replaced too.

Total work completed:
    New front and rear fairings and covers.
    New Headlight
    New Grips
    New Pazzo levers
    New R1 throttle Tube
    New Exhaust
    New pegs
    New Brake pads
    New Rotors
    New Air Filter
    New spark plugs
    Rad flush w/Water Wetter added
    Oil change completed
    New Steering Bearings
    Chain and sprockets replaced late last year by Heritage Auto as well.

Over all GREAT JOB by Daniel. My bike needs nothing for spring and will not need anything besides oil changes for a while. (just need a few new custom decals)

Highly Recommended!!!!!!!
    Last edited by strictlye; 03-04-2011 at 11:26 AM.
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/strictlye/signature.jpg

Re: Like a Pheonix reborn.......thanks to Heritage Auto!!!!!

except dodging old people driving cars in downtown toronto that run lights...

Thumbs up Re: Like a Pheonix reborn.......thanks to Heritage Auto!!!!!

The Best Shop for bikes/cars...

Did Daniel handle the quote to the insurance company?
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

Dan has a nice large clean shop, does excellent work.
    Dem man nah realize de way I do de technology way don't I identify dey oola dem idiot sound bwoy already ya nah rude bwoy

Excellent review. Heard a lot of good things about this shop.

did he bleed your brake lines? lol
    It's ok to excuse some ignorance, as we all haven't experienced the same things in life...
    And some people are really "so good" that, maybe you can excuse a bit a arrogance.
    But, one thing that you can never excuse, is arrogant ignorance.....

Dealer/Vendor

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedKestrel View Post
    Did Daniel handle the quote to the insurance company?
    Thank You Everyone for the kind words.

Yes, Heritage Auto & Powersports is fully certified to handle any insurance repairs. I can be reached at 416-249-0422 if you have any questions.

Daniel
    Daniel Ciccone

o/o Heritage Auto & Power Sports
    2-24 Ingram Drive,
    Toronto, Ontario
    M6M 2L6

Bus: 416-249-0422
    Fax: 416-248-9651

Yeah, he did the insurance quote and repairs. Since insurance was paying for some of the labour to take the bike apart, I did some other maintainance at a the same time at a reduced cost.

And no, he did not have to have to bleed my brakes again. He did it last summer. For those of you who do not know the story. I had "Hel" steel braided brake lines installed last year by another board member. I kept having inconsistance braking pressure. I took it back to the guy who installed them and he bled it another 2 times and couldn't figure out why I was losing pressure. I took it to a shop and and got them to bleed it another 2 times and was still losing pressure.
    I was told the master cylider had to had to be replaced. The brake lines were not good. The banjos where allowing air in etc.

Daniel was the only one who figured it out it was a warped rotor.
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/strictlye/signature.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by strictlye View Post
    Yeah, he did the insurance quote and repairs. Since insurance was paying for some of the labour to take the bike apart, I did some other maintainance at a the same time at a reduced cost.

And no, he did not have to have to bleed my brakes again. He did it last summer. For those of you who do not know the story. I had "Hel" steel braided brake lines installed last year by another board member. I kept having inconsistance braking pressure. I took it back to the guy who installed them and he bled it another 2 times and couldn't figure out why I was losing pressure. I took it to a shop and and got them to bleed it another 2 times and was still losing pressure.
    I was told the master cylider had to had to be replaced. The brake lines were not good. The banjos where allowing air in etc.

Daniel was the only one who figured it out it was a warped rotor.
    did you not feel that the rotors were warped when you were braking?

I bet you any money, if you twist those fittings the slightest bit, they will leak. I bought two sets of lines (6 lines), only two don't leak from that UK group buy. Buddy's R6's rear line leaks. They all seem to leak right where the crimp it, where the heat shrink tubing is.
    Last edited by frekeyguy; 04-28-2011 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frekeyguy View Post
    did you not feel that the rotors were warped when you were braking?

I bet you any money, if you twist those fittings the slightest bit, they will leak. I bought two sets of lines (6 lines), only two don't leak from that UK group buy. Buddy's R6's rear line leaks. They all seem to leak right where the crimp it, where the heat shrink tubing is.
    Ruh-roh. I have lines from that group buy, and have been having problems with the brakes (very spongy) ... figured the M/C was shot but did not suspect the lines themselves.
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."