New Riders, Here Are Your Bikes - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Riders, Here Are Your Bikes

Re: New Riders, Here Are Your Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten_Ronnie View Post
    Cruisers are different in the "cc" game, and I'd go so far as to say an 800cc cruiser could be considered a good starter bike, but of course it's relative to the operator.
    Really? That high?

Cruiser typically have very low power per cc and high weight. A 800cc cruiser typically has around the same performance as a Ninja 250

Factor in the different rake angle on the forks as well. As the angle from ground to fork increases, the wheel base decreases along with the centre of gravity, which increases the sensitivity and narrows any margin for error. Add to this race suspensions which becomes harder and setup more for smooth track surfaces, and the margin for error becomes even less as the roads are pretty nasty out there.
    Street: 1994 Honda CBR 900RR Fireblade, black/charcoal
    Track: 2004 GSX-R 600 red/white/purple #27

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Steve View Post
    Cruiser typically have very low power per cc and high weight. A 800cc cruiser typically has around the same performance as a Ninja 250
    Quote Originally Posted by adamwest View Post
    Factor in the different rake angle on the forks as well. As the angle from ground to fork increases, the wheel base decreases along with the centre of gravity, which increases the sensitivity and narrows any margin for error. Add to this race suspensions which becomes harder and setup more for smooth track surfaces, and the margin for error becomes even less as the roads are pretty nasty out there.
    This makes sense... I was asking because of the bikes I was looking at (still not 100% decided), but ultimately I'm looking for an SV650 now.