Is there such thing as a legit stunting lot?

Thread: Is there such thing as a legit stunting lot?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Is there such thing as a legit stunting lot?

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePeopleEater View Post
    Yup, and there's an English data in Julliet.

Keith Code had his On One Wheel school in NJ a couple of years ago, but a woman died at one of the classes last year so I don't know if they're going to continue or not. This used to be the link, it doesn't work for me here at work, but I'm at a stupid bank where they block a LOT of stuff: http://ononewheel.com/

If you are considering the montreal school, its run by Felix from stunt.ca and is a very good course. Felix is bilingual and will teach you in english whatever day you go. Ive seen some progress vids of people who had never wheelied at all before the course, and were doing pretty high sit downs for the full lenth of the track by the end.

Ride fully setup bikes, full insured, legit racetrack sectioned off for just the school, and taught by one of Canadas OG stunters. Wheelie school FTW!

Felix was even teaching some more advanced riders and to get them used to balance point he did seat stander wheelies using his handbrake with the stundent sitting on the bike just holding on to the cage so they could feel the balance point.

the advice youre going to get at a wheelie schools could be easily found online, its still up to you to learn the brake control and that takes time and a lot of broken parts on your bike
    Last edited by 2kgixx; 03-03-2011 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2kgixx View Post
    the advice youre going to get at a wheelie schools could be easily found online, its still up to you to learn the brake control and that takes time and a lot of broken parts on your bike
    Fair enough, but I've been reading how-to articles and looking at vids for 10 years now and I still suck at wheelies. The chance to practice in a controlled environment on someone else's bike, with some safety features thrown in is very appealing.