Hi,

As winter comes to a close, I am assisting my girlfriend with looking for a Suzuki DR650SE. We are not ready to buy yet but are putting the bug in your ear. Whether you run into this post in a month or two or bookmark it with the consideration that you may sell you DR650 in the near future, keep us in mind.

Ideally, the bike should be reasonably new and well maintained. While we can't afford new (or very close to new) we also don't want to go too cheap and buy old/worn out. While a general use bike (urban commuter), this bike will also be used for longer, multi-surface trips so it must be mechanically fit.

Please note that we will require a small test ride (nothing abusive, of course) for myself (mechanical fitness) and my girlfriend (ergos). We have not had ride access to a DR (only KLR and DR-Z) so we will need to confirm that the ergos are correct for her. Its seems good from show room models. We are expecting that we may require a lowering kit in the end.

Aftermarket saddle and/or fuel tank is a bonus. We will consider a slightly modded bike but if the bike is fitted with an obnoxious aftermarket exhaust, we are going to want you to include the stock exhaust as well.

Cheers,

Adam