National Superbike series under new management

Thread: National Superbike series under new management

National Superbike series under new management

www.csbk.ca

Series needed a shake-up, and it looks like that's what happened.

Re: National Superbike series under new management

This is what I was talking about last week.

02-17-2011 08:40 AM #12
    kneedragger88

Dealer/Vendor Join DateJun 2005Posts3,495

Re: Brett McCormick - Nationals News

" Szoke spending a bucketload of his own cash to defend a #1 plate was the silliest thing I ever saw or so I thought, Now he takes that very plate and hands it back to Kawi making the whole process pointless, I sure hope he bent them over but somehow I doubt it. Told him the same thing a year ago in January, His response was that Kawi wants his #1 and he is going to make them work for it. Pride can be very expensive.
    There are imminent changes on the doorstep that will be announced very shortly that will change all of it I hope for the better. Right now the series is so damaged that nobody gives a crap about it except the people in it. It would be great to see it come back to a place of relevance. The only outside media that the series gets is in the for form of cut and paste "press releases" and mag pieces by writers that are employed by the series. Long gone are the days of wide coverage on both sides of the border, and hopefully with the upcoming changes the series will finally be headed out of the slide.
    Along with wide coverage press comes the ability to actually market it to sponsors and that can only be good for everybody.
    Being an owner of a regional series its important for me to have a place that our riders can aspire too. For the last bunch of years it was much better for a rider to head south than to spend the money to contest the nationals here. With change and committed work then maybe that will change, fingers crossed."

The actual peeps involved really havent changed but Kevin is the frontman. Colin is still there and I wouldnt for a minute think that he still wont be steering the ship. People dump on Colin but keep in mind there would be NO national racing in this country without him. He was handicapped by decisions that were made 20 years ago now by closing PMP and starting a new company with a different organization group. This should allow the series to run without having to vote on everything with the manufacturers. Lets hope so.
    Last edited by kneedragger88; 02-20-2011 at 09:57 AM.

I'll be following it to see what happens.

Ride Reports and other drivel
    '08 Suzuki DR650E
    '04 Kawasaki KLR 685 (For Sale)
    '05 Honda VFR800a Interceptor (SOLD)

'01 Suzuki Bandit GSF600s (what the deer left of it)
    '94 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD)
    MC Instructor www.LearningCurves.ca

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    This is what I was talking about last week.

The actual peeps involved really havent changed but Kevin is the frontman. Colin is still there and I wouldnt for a minute think that he still wont be steering the ship. People dump on Colin but keep in mind there would be NO national racing in this country without him. He was handicapped by decisions that were made 20 years ago now by closing PMP and starting a new company with a different organization group. This should allow the series to run without having to vote on everything with the manufacturers. Lets hope so.
    Agreed. Any revival or attempt is better than leaving it alone or letting it fade out. I sincerely hope this is the start of bringing life and meaning back to the series.

So who is it? What changes should we expect? Is Fraiser still involved? TSN onboard again?
    S.O.A.R. #28
    2008 Suzuki GSXR 750 Race Bike... all b!tched out
    VIEW MY GOPRO HD VIDEOS @ http://vimeo.com/channels/202716

Its a completely new company with Kevin Graham as the front man. Colin is still there as the "race director". I have not heard mention of any TV.
    The bigger concern is the lack of info on the actual racing. This effectively took place on New Years and can bet that it was planned long before that. As of now there are no details for classes, bikes, costs, payouts etc. I have a feeling as where it is headed but its not appropriate for me to speculate. I just hope that it can be fixed and if this is what it takes then hurray.
    I suspect that the main reason this was done is the old PCSB was handcuffed in the way they had to operate as all the participating manufacturers had a vote due to how the series was organized 20 years ago. This way new company with a new "frontman" lets them start it over while getting out of the previous agreement. I seriously doubt you will see any major changes likely still using all the original equipment and airfence etc.

Wow, Kevin is looking after things now eh! Good for him!

Looks like Pirelli will be the spec tire for a long time coming lol
    S.O.A.R. #28
    2008 Suzuki GSXR 750 Race Bike... all b!tched out
    VIEW MY GOPRO HD VIDEOS @ http://vimeo.com/channels/202716

Quote Originally Posted by quikcolin View Post
    Wow, Kevin is looking after things now eh! Good for him!

Looks like Pirelli will be the spec tire for a long time coming lol
    With no discount.....

Didn't Collin have a hand in The AMA?

Glad to hear the series has been saved. I understand Parts Canada stepped in to sponsor the series and saved it. I normally dont have much good to say about PC but hats off to them. I also hear no TV which in my mind is a good thing. This should create more spectator appeal as TV caused too many delays between races. Very boring when youre standing in corner 2 at Mosport waiting for action. Now while the rest of the world reacts to the economy maybe the racing scene needs to adapt to. Do they need transports for 2 or 4 bikes? How about Dodge Sprinters and a trailer! The DuHamels used to stay at the track in a C class motorhome and they didn't do to bad. The old series was all show and no go, lets get back to basics and rebuild exciting racing in Canada. Brett did a good job last year in the states, but lets see some more guys heading south to mix it up with the yanks. I remeber the day when DuHamel, Crevier and Picotte stood atop the podium at an AMA race. McMurter wore AMA #3, Labross won an AMA National and more. Good luck to Kevin and gang.

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Didn't Collin have a hand in The AMA?
    Yes, for one year. The first year under DMG, in which Roger Edmondston and Colin Fraser had their hands in how the series ran, was not a good one.

FYI,, Colin did exactly what the Frances wanted. AMA is run by Nascar,Daytona Group,they asked Colin to clean it up. Who was winning,?,Suzuki so he started there. Found they were using illegal parts etc,etc. The Factories didn"t like this and when they complained and threatened to leave Colin was thrown in front of the bus,, for doing the job he was asked to do. But Colin did kick over the apple cart as they asked.The program has not really changed since he was run over. The racing is better. Economic times are more responsible for lower numbers then the program Colin created.
    The AMA has not changed since Colin has left. And anybody who watches would have to ask why Al Ludington was not canned when Page set him up to be and look like an idiot? That situation alone shows Colin was a sacrificial lamb. Whether you like Colin or dislike Colin he did the job he was asked to do. Roger,, well he had another agenda in my opinion which did undermine some of what Colin was doing.
    bickleracing@sympatico.ca
    If you PM me it may take longer!

Quote Originally Posted by parkerbrosktmtoronto View Post
    Glad to hear the series has been saved. I understand Parts Canada stepped in to sponsor the series and saved it..
    Uhmm,,, saved or a better hole digger? Lets save this converstaion for September! Nothing has changed, just a new coat of paint, so far. You also forgot Steve Gervais and Myles Baldwin. But how many of our Canadian Tuners were there as well? Canadian tuners rocked in that era. Today all our good tuners can"t take credit becasue they are essentially,,uhmm,,, cheating. So change the rules so they can get credit for being as good as they really are,,and some of the best in the world!
    September,,,,?
    bickleracing@sympatico.ca
    If you PM me it may take longer!

....... Colin and the AMA........ dumpest thing Colin ever got involved in, he ended up being one of the 2 "bad guys" for doing what he was told to do ........ a Canadian playing in an American game, not smart (BTW, really nothing has changed sinse the "changes" and his firing ........ and everybody THINKs the AMA is fine now, strange HUH).
    ......."Under new management" ...... really, who's new? its a given we (the motorcycle racing community) need a national series, as well as strong regional series (which we seem to have in both RACE and SOAR) but there is nothing NEW except the name......... we will have to see if Kevin can save this thing or even turn it around (thats mostly about the money the industry is going to spend, because there is NO outside money available), again we NEED a strong National series, so lets hope it makes it ...... and JB, the only cheating I ever heard about was the fact that certain "GREEN" motorcycles and there riders had amazing throttle control, it seemed the NEVER spun their tires (good suspension/tire people I guess)........ but then again, that stuff is all leagal now........ sooooo.
    I know personally I have never been so busy, people are all over racing and track days so things seem to be really good at that end, people are really excited about "track days and racing" next year, so we will see ...... BG

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    As of now there are no details for classes, bikes
    They are still posting the original PCSB Press Release from December on the new site, so I would "assume" that this is the way 2011 will be in regards to classes.

http://www.csbk.ca/index.php?option=...ses&Itemid=213
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    They are still posting the original PCSB Press Release from December on the new site, so I would "assume" that this is the way 2011 will be in regards to classes.

http://www.csbk.ca/index.php?option=...ses&Itemid=213
    ........... everybody ***-u-ME-d there was money being paid out last year for the year end points fund .......... how'd that assumption work out......... BG

Quote Originally Posted by Ben G View Post
    ........... everybody ***-u-ME-d there was money being paid out last year for the year end points fund .......... how'd that assumption work out......... BG
    That's why the quotes
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.