pics of my new rack and seat om my 690 smc

Thread: pics of my new rack and seat om my 690 smc

pics of my new rack and seat om my 690 smc

Re: pics of my new rack and seat om my 690 smc

Looks good man. Love the bike overall haha... I'm sure it sounds AMAZING with that Akrapovic pipe.
    Ryan - 2008 Suzuki LTR450, 2001 Honda CR125, and 2000 Honda CR125

It sounds good, and runs googne with the large screen/ tip in. The pipe came with one smaller end and it can be run without an end.

BTW thats a WINGS TI exhaust, its about 5 lbs lighter then stock. The Wings pipe seem to be known for their ability to run good on the bike even with the stock map. Once the bike is broke in im planning on opening up the air box and getting the open map installed. I installed an bung and have a wideband air fuel guage to install to keep an eye on things once I really start messying around with it

It looks great. How much weight do you think it'll hold?

Ride Reports and other drivel
    '08 Suzuki DR650E
    '04 Kawasaki KLR 685 (For Sale)
    '05 Honda VFR800a Interceptor (SOLD)

'01 Suzuki Bandit GSF600s (what the deer left of it)
    '94 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD)
    MC Instructor www.LearningCurves.ca

Hey Ronnie. I think the rack will hold a fair bit , but i'm not too sure about that plastic tank subframe combo. I'm thinking if you put a case of beer back there half of it will be on the grab bars and seat. I really only intend it it to hold my gym bag with clothes and bag gloves, or a jacket . If i was going for more capacity I would connect to the footpeg mount like I did on my blackbird. I sort of want the rack to be weak enough to bend or warp and leave the tank/subframe combo intact if something bad happens The tank is rumoured to cost 1200 to 1500 bucks though i have not priced one. Im thinking it should easily be good for 25lbs. Even though evey one is scared of smashing the tank subframe combo , I havn't actually head of it happening.

I usually over build stuff , but I am trying to keep it light, like the spirit of the bike. I have spent a couple hours blending the welds since i took the pics . That ss tubing seems to be pretty tough . It much more resilent then mild steel (i have to over bend it a lot more) . Sorry for the typing but I just finidshed my 'wine in a box'

I estimate the rack weighs 2 or 3 lbs , less then I saved with the wings exhaust .

Banned

Not the thread i thought it was.