Deal's Gap- May 24th and the rest of that week! - Page 3

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal's Gap- May 24th and the rest of that week!

Re: Deal's Gap- May 24th and the rest of that week!

Lol WHATEVER DO YOU MEAN????
    Barrie and area riders.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=123778

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Are Vegas rules in effect?
    New to me for 2012.

I'm single so i dont worry bout that sort of thing lol.
    I go for the twisties and to chill with good people.
    Barrie and area riders.

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

LOL it's been a while since i've been on vacation without the wife and kids...I'm retired from partying like that anyway
    New to me for 2012.

If there are any spots left I would like to join you guys. Is there any one riding down or is every one trailering it down there. My truck might fit two bikes if anyone wants to join me, but it would be a tight fit.

I'm planning on riding down, via the Blue Ridge Parkway.

I am jealous of you HorizonXP.

I have never made the trip down on a bike....even though I have been to Deals Gap twice a yr every yr since 1996. I always meant to, just never happened. Now my wife and son come, so that's out for now. There's all kinds of stuff for them to do too while I ride. Horseback riding, tubing, swimming, cave tours and exploring, Pigeon Forge is a veritable tourist trap, etc....
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Hmm... are you guys talking about me maybe? haha

I went to Deals Gap with Scott, Claudio and crew last October and had a blast. It was a great Thanksgiving weekend! The setup Scott has going on with the house is great.

Further to his point about medical/travel insurance (which is super important), it would be a good idea to have CAA or some type of similar coverage for your motorcycle.

A whole week at the GAP would be freaking amazing... but my bike isn't fixed and I'm broke. I would love to join you guys, but it's a 95% no-go for me.

Enjoy the trip and be safe.

Too bad you can't make it Mladen. It would be great to have you along again, anytime. I intend to ride the Turkey Dongle in May.

When I mentioned the guy who didn't get medical coverage, I was actually talking about a guy who came to PA a couple yrs ago, a yr before you and Dan came with Claudio and I to PA.
    Last edited by omnivore; 03-02-2011 at 12:38 AM.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Quote Originally Posted by twostroke View Post
    If there are any spots left I would like to join you guys. Is there any one riding down or is every one trailering it down there. My truck might fit two bikes if anyone wants to join me, but it would be a tight fit.
    I'm also interested in getting in on this. Any spots left?

Quote Originally Posted by twostroke View Post
    Why you don't ride there. BRP is the best part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by HorizonXP View Post
    I'm planning on riding down, via the Blue Ridge Parkway.
    Do it. If you never been there let me tell you: it is better then Deals Gap.

Is part of the Blue Ridge Parkway on the agenda at some point in the week? It looks amazing.
    New to me for 2012.

We can make it from the house tot he BRP in an hr and a halfish.....we could easily spend a day riding up it part way and back....or whatever the group wwants to do. Often, when you have 10 riders, some won't want to do the same stuff others will. No one has to do anything specific if they don't want to. It's your holiday too, so ride what you want to ride.

So far, if everyone who has expressed interest is coming, house is pretty full:

Omnivore + Candice + Holden- Together in Single King room (no Madison now)
    Booya-Share room with Steve F- Pair of queens top floor?
    Steve F
    GS500F (Dan)
    HorizonXP
    Brian P ??
    TWT Busa (Juan??)
    Quantumblue919guy
    KillerKeith
    twostroke
    a-rob

Those of you who definitely want to go, pls PM me so I can send you my paypal address for the deposit. I will PM you back Fri or Sat.
    Last edited by omnivore; 03-03-2011 at 04:35 PM.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    Too bad you can't make it Mladen. It would be great to have you along again, anytime. I intend to ride the Turkey Dongle in May.

When I mentioned the guy who didn't get medical coverage, I was actually talking about a guy who came to PA a couple yrs ago, a yr before you and Dan came with Claudio and I to PA.
    I know. I know about that guy too, you guys have told me stories hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Lusid View Post
    I know. I know about that guy too, you guys have told me stories hahaha
    Yea that sucked fir him but he was a trooper to ride back on that condition. I gave him fair warning before we left that his tires were in very poor condition also. So people were gonna be down there for a week and cover allot of kms while there so make sure your bikes are mechanically fit and tires in good condition. Rite Mladin lol.
    Barrie and area riders.

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Hey man, my tires were good! Yeah, they were a little bald in the middle, but my 2" chicken strips were like new!

In all seriousness though, that's good advice again. Before I went last year, I inspected my bike, changed what needed to be changed (oil and air filter), cleaned my chain and torqued everything down.

You know... maybe I still come with you guys and rent that R1 from Wheelers. Then I can go even faster. haha

Yah. I gotta agree, while ther centres of the tires weren't great, they were nowhere near dangerous. And the sides were typical Toronto-unused. I don't think tires played any part of it. A lack of signs definitely did.
    This turn could catch anyone out:
    http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Tenness...,0.002068&z=19
    ...and another angle:
    http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Tenness...12,288.37,,0,5
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6

I was reffering to the Penn accident.
    Mladin how you got your bike to lean that far over with those square tires is still a mystery to me lol
    Barrie and area riders.

Amsoil Oil? PM me

I've been looking at this thread for a while - is the ride open to the public? And is there space on a trailer? I've been down the BRP to the Gap twice now, both times on my touring bikes (DL 650 then a DL1000). It would be fantastic to get my FZ1 down there.
    Past: 03 Suzuki Volusia, 03 Kawasaki Nomad 1500, 06 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 98 Suzuki TL1000R.
    Present: 1982 Yamaha Seca 750, 08 Yamaha FZ1, 04 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

Cela est bien dit, mais il faut cultiver notre jardin. Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    I am not giving out any advice. I am just mocking you.
    P.S. Your spelling is horrible.