Deal's Gap- May 24th and the rest of that week! - Page 23

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Deal's Gap- May 24th and the rest of that week!

Re: Deal's Gap- May 24th and the rest of that week!

Yup. I was a couple hrs behind you I think, and about an hr behind the other truck. Apparently Mark and Anthony passed the other truck shortly after Knoxville, and they left just before we did.
    I got your text last night. Thx for keeping us posted, and the head's up about Cincy didn't help. I was already in that mess. Lost over an hr in it. I should've taken the 275 ring road around the east side of the city instead. Live and learn.
    We left the house after you guys, , and made a stop in Lexington Kentucky......and stopped twice, once for breakfast and once for supper. Dropped Alex off in Hamilton about 1130pm then came back home. I never exceeded 70 mph the whole drive home.....call me a conservationist,LOL
    Look for your pics here:

www.killboy.com
    www.us129photos.com
    www.129slayer.com
    www.moonshinephoto.com

Thx all for a good trip that went largely uneventful (negative events that is- our lack of run-ins with cops and ambulances is a plus!)...Also thx to those who chipped in for groceries etc. It was helpful and appreciated.
    Last edited by omnivore; 05-29-2011 at 01:21 PM.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

made it home last night. got stuck in the traffic jam for a good 3 hours...

had a great time, thanks everyone for making it a memorable trip.

Incredible trip! Special thanks to Scott & Candice for their organization and hospitality!! I cant wait to go back
    I wish my lawn was Emo- so it would cut itself!

Got home safe and sound last night around 11pm.

I would just like to thank Scott and Candice for organizing this event. It is the most fun I have ever had on 2 wheels.

We showed up with 11 bikes and went home with 11 bikes all in one piece. Good week of riding by my standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon
    N3WMAN is my ride
    2006 ZX-6R PART OUT

Thanks Scott & Candice for one kick @ss week! Top class all the way.
    New to me for 2012.

Peterborough, or just where ever the road takes me

What a great way to kick off the summer, thanks guys!!
    Not wearing gear while riding is like unprotected sex. Sooner or later you're going to get a rash!

Wow guys, just checked out the deals gap site and some of your video, looked like some pretty amazing road and scenery. Did you take off a full week to take it all in?

Ted

8 days including the drive down and the drive back. ....6.5 days of riding time......however we didn't just ride.
    We whitewater rafted, shot pistols, set off fireworks, kayaked, horseback rode, went to the local zoo, explored underground caverns.......oh yah, and we rode fantastic roads to places like , in Georgia-The Wolf, Blood Mountain,in Tennesee- Clingman's Dome and Cherokee, and in North Carolina- Fontana Dam, and of course, the Dragon......lots to do.
    It is 13-15 hrs drive, one way, to get there.
    We left here Fri evening, and took our time to get down there, stopping often and resting- we were in no hurry as check in was lunch time Sat...... and returned the following Sat, late at night.
    Last edited by omnivore; 05-30-2011 at 08:29 AM.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Work sucks let's go back down.
    Barrie and area riders.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=123778

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Sounds like you guys had a great trip!

I enjoyed my limited riding time down there, but before I go back will make some major changes to both the group I ride with and the way I travel. It was a real eye opener with some of the group members.

I will say this, Fontana Village is absolutely top notch and I'll be going back. Excellent facilities, amenities, and scenery!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
    I enjoyed my limited riding time down there, but before I go back will make some major changes to both the group I ride with and the way I travel. It was a real eye opener with some of the group members.
    Changing the group -- what was wrong with the group you were with? Just curious...
    Kohlarbonez... 'Cause Running Wide, Front Brakes and Grass Just Don't Mix....

Quote Originally Posted by Bigevildoer View Post
    Changing the group -- what was wrong with the group you were with? Just curious...
    Just some clashing personalities and people that obviously didn't learn to play nice when they were kids. Hahah!

It was nice seeing you again Scott, glad you had a good trip! Must have been nice not to have to do the skyway so much this year (not that that is a bad thing )
    Kevin V
    02 ZX9R

Really wish I could have made this one. Scott I am in for thanksgiving, would like a room with two beds if possible. PM me when you are booking the house and I will send you some cash. Glad you guys had a good trip.

Thanks to everyone who helped put the trip together,
    I had a great time and managed to get myself there and home in 1 piece )

Special thanks to Scott & Candice for all their hard work.

When you get a chance, can you post up some links and directions to the places mentioned! Sounds foo tha hook and i like that you guys did all those other things.

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    8 days including the drive down and the drive back. ....6.5 days of riding time......however we didn't just ride.
    We whitewater rafted, shot pistols, set off fireworks, kayaked, horseback rode, went to the local zoo, explored underground caverns.......oh yah, and we rode fantastic roads to places like , in Georgia-The Wolf, Blood Mountain,in Tennesee- Clingman's Dome and Cherokee, and in North Carolina- Fontana Dam, and of course, the Dragon......lots to do.
    It is 13-15 hrs drive, one way, to get there.
    We left here Fri evening, and took our time to get down there, stopping often and resting- we were in no hurry as check in was lunch time Sat...... and returned the following Sat, late at night.
    Caught you looking!! Signature advertising works, inquire if you you would like to rent this space.

1999 r1 - Sold!
    2005 636- SOLD!
    2002 r1- SOLD!
    2004 r1 - SOLD!

Currently riding my 2003 R1