Deal's Gap- May 24th and the rest of that week! - Page 2

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal's Gap- May 24th and the rest of that week!

Re: Deal's Gap- May 24th and the rest of that week!

eeeek I still gotta see if I can plan it for then
    I've got planned on going in April, but if I don't I'm in

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    While eating dinner tonight, Candice and I were talking about her conversation with Bridgette and booking the house etc....and Holden piped up that he can't wait to see Julie and Carrie in Tennessee,LOL

It'll be a shame if you can't come. Over that week, your riding, smoothness, comfort level and confidence improved leaps and bounds....I noticed that in both you and Tom. Both of the groups that have come for the last 2 trips have been nothing but fantastic. And it's so cool when groups of riders who don't even know eachother, come together and enjoy eachother's company like that....eg: Alex doing the birthday cake up for Dave, who he just met a few days prior....Dave coming GSXR dirtbiking with me, and we didn't know eachother at all beforehand..
    We are also looking into renting a pontoon boat one day of the week we are there too. Maybe at Thunderbird Mountain.
    Holden says he wants us to move there!
    Sorry took so long to reply, you likely noticed I've been sledding sledding and MORE sledding LOL

I'm out this yr. Maybe I shouldn't have made last yr's trip a 10 day epic adventure, we covered A LOT of miles and roads. I was just looking at pics and LMAO!! The park ranger adventures, some boo boo's, the duct tape and tree of shame repairs hahaha and off road riding. We all really did have a great time.

hmmm maybe a fall trip ?? Likely next time I come I'd have 3 bikes and need to source a trailer because I know mine won't fit over that bridge haha

Tell my fav little man that he'll see me lots track side

Just bumping it up.

Alex?....is this when you will be in Europe at that wedding?

Not too many confirmed riders yet.

I have to mail in $800 deposit, so lets get it rolling.

PM me for paypal details if want to come, and your wife has given you the green light, and your boss won't fire you...and...........

You get the idea,LOL
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Sent you a PM omni
    I wish my lawn was Emo- so it would cut itself!

Real men don't ask there wife for permission.
    It's better to ask for forgivness then permission...

They beg for it.
    Last edited by boooya; 02-25-2011 at 04:02 PM.
    Barrie and area riders.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=123778

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

open to the public yet?
    New to me for 2012.

I am unsure if all prior attendees have seenthis or not, but I am gonna open it up anyways.

As far as accomodations, the house is large.

There are two bedrooms upstairs. One with a king bed, and the other with two doubles. DOwnstairs theres another bedroom with a queen. There is a foldaway couch, a folding futon, and a large couch, all upstairs. Then downstairs in the den, there's another foldaway couch, as well as a pair of single beds.
    House has a garage, a hot tub, satellite tv, internet, and is situated on a beautiful mountainside lot of 35 acres. The lake is a 3 minute drive down the road (we even managed a Thanksgiving swim in OCt!!) There are 2 complete bathrooms, and laundry facilites as well in case you need to clean your undies after you soiled them on your first time thru the Gap,LOL
    I am not going to be in charge of telling everyone where to sleep, however common sense or polite discretion would say that couples etc should get first crack and a bedroom,LOL

Candice,myself, Holden and Madison will be in the two doubles room.
    Last edited by omnivore; 02-27-2011 at 10:14 PM.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

I call same room lol, and will bunk with any hotties if there are limited beds lol
    Hey Scott, Steve will Lmk tmro for sure if he's coming or not.
    Barrie and area riders.

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Would love to go Claudio but I think I'm going to be a new dad to a little boy and little girl sometime that week. I will definitely catch you on one of your weekend rides though! Always a great time!

Hey Claudio, let me know if you need some new rubber put on for the trip, I might need some more weights if you have any.

Yea I'll get you somemore np chris, went thru that whole box already lol?
    To bad you can't come and congrats again on the new addition to the family.
    Barrie and area riders.

Amsoil Oil? PM me

is it "make your own way down" or is their room on someone's trailer?
    New to me for 2012.

Im interested in going, I have a trailer but no way to haul it. I will split gas etc, if anyone is interested PM me
    I wish my lawn was Emo- so it would cut itself!

I have a full size truck that will hall 2 smaller bikes in the bed, pull trailer and take 4 guys very comfortably. PM me for details.
    Barrie and area riders.

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Quote Originally Posted by boooya View Post
    I have a full size truck that will hall 2 smaller bikes in the bed, pull trailer and take 4 guys very comfortably. PM me for details.
    PMs sent.
    New to me for 2012.

I am out of town for work this wk. When I get back on the weekend I can take care of some paypal stuff.

A few have asked for photos of the house...these are all I can find at a moment's notice:

IMPORTANT NOTE: The roads around Deals Gap area are very technical. When I say technical, I mean picture the Tim Hortons drive thru lane over and over and over and you get the idea, but put a cliff on one side and a guardrail on the other. These roads don't suffer fools well, and while they are immensely fun and challenging, sometimes bad things can happen. If you decide to join us, please be prepared for very technical riding. And know that no one expects anything from you, but to have fun, and ride your own ride.

I haven't mentioned this yet, but any and all riders who come with us to Deals Gap are expected to have an emergency health insurance and medical coverage policy. Whether you buy it from your bank, or from CAA, or if you are lucky enough, some employer's benefit packages offer this type of coverage for their employees when they travel in the USA . Bring proof of this policy with you and keep it on your person or your bike with you at all times. But make sure you have a million in coverage. Do not come to Deals Gap without first getting this insurance. It isn't negotiable. YOU MUST HAVE IT! One day in the hospital in USA can cost tens of thousands.

A fellow some of us know had a Deals Gap mishap a couple yrs ago, and his helicopter ride and hospital stay would have paid for half of my house. That $40 CAA insurance policy was the best $40 he ever spent I am sure.

On an alternate bent, Booya and I and a few others from this board went for a long wknd to Pennsylvania 2 summers ago. Everyone was told to get coverage. One rider didn't. He fell. And he picked himself up, insisting he was okay, and rode with a broken foot and broken collarbone for the remainder of the day with bent forks, and then had to make his way back to Ontario before he could seek medical help. Good thing our chalet was only 1.5 hrs from Niagara Falls.
    Last edited by omnivore; 02-28-2011 at 11:45 PM.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6

I ride like a father of 3 little ones. I`ll be in the back watching the show Thanks for the insurance reminder. I won`t leave home without it.
    New to me for 2012.

+1 Scott, can't stress this enough.
    I took my daughter thru the gap last year 2up we had a blast, she almost had her knee down hahaha.
    Barrie and area riders.

Amsoil Oil? PM me

I think we have some video evidence somewhere........LOL
    Last edited by omnivore; 03-01-2011 at 08:35 AM.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    I think we have some video evidence somewhere........LOL
    Does it get a little "Charlie Sheen" down there?
    New to me for 2012.