Deal's Gap- May 24th and the rest of that week!

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal's Gap- May 24th and the rest of that week!

Deal's Gap- May 24th and the rest of that week!

I have booked the same large house for Deal's Gap again. It is 2 miles from the end of the Dragon, in Tennessee....and this yr, there is no rockslide. Not that it was THAT terrible having to ride the Cherohala Skyway twice a day every day last yr,LOL

The owner of the house asked if we would be interested in any additional services when we stayed there for Thanksgiving in Oct, and based on our interest, she has now elected to have internet installed as well, so that is a plus. It also increased the house rental cost a tiny bit.

I have booked it for May 21-28th.

Before I open the doors to any and all riders, I will wait a few weeks for those who have previously joined in May or Oct for the trip to sign on first. They will get first right of refusal.

If we get 10 riders, then the housing cost will be about $160-165/rider.....a cheap stay for a week for sure!

A non-refundable $100 deposit is required to hold your spot.
    (If a deposit is paid, then a rider needs to back out, I can't refund the money. However, as I have done in the past, I can help the rider who is backing out, sell their spot to another person interested in joining, so they can recover their deposit. Only if the spot CANNOT be filled, would the rider loose the deposit. Reason is that I do not want to end up paying for an expensive house rental that isn't filled, in the case of a bunch of people backing out.)

I will post up some pics etc shortly.

WOOT!! Can't wait for May!!
    Last edited by omnivore; 02-15-2011 at 10:15 PM.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Re: Deal's Gap- May 24th and the rest of that week!

You know I'm in.
    Also have room for 2 more bikes and passengers if needed. Pm me for details once Scott has confirmed you for the house. First come first serve.

Woohoo finally
    Last edited by boooya; 02-19-2011 at 12:04 PM.
    Barrie and area riders.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=123778

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

I wish you would have posted this sooner... I ended up reserving at Punkin Centre for the July long weekend...

you really have to rub it in don't you!!!! I can't get the May 24 off.. could only get the week prior off.. do you all want to change your plans and work around my schedule?????
    Although, really.. last year was such a perfect trip.. it would be hard to replicate for me.. so maybe I'll have to chip in funds for a case of beer and you can all have a toast on me!!!! Bud light.. in honour of the clydes!!
    the Penn trips have my name written all over though.. !!!
    I'll forward my schedule sometime to you two..

WHAT!!!! Your not coming??
    Barrie and area riders.

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Quote Originally Posted by riley06 View Post
    you really have to rub it in don't you!!!! I can't get the May 24 off.. could only get the week prior off.. do you all want to change your plans and work around my schedule?????
    Although, really.. last year was such a perfect trip.. it would be hard to replicate for me.. so maybe I'll have to chip in funds for a case of beer and you can all have a toast on me!!!! Bud light.. in honour of the clydes!!
    the Penn trips have my name written all over though.. !!!
    I'll forward my schedule sometime to you two..
    While eating dinner tonight, Candice and I were talking about her conversation with Bridgette and booking the house etc....and Holden piped up that he can't wait to see Julie and Carrie in Tennessee,LOL

It'll be a shame if you can't come. Over that week, your riding, smoothness, comfort level and confidence improved leaps and bounds....I noticed that in both you and Tom. Both of the groups that have come for the last 2 trips have been nothing but fantastic. And it's so cool when groups of riders who don't even know eachother, come together and enjoy eachother's company like that....eg: Alex doing the birthday cake up for Dave, who he just met a few days prior....Dave coming GSXR dirtbiking with me, and we didn't know eachother at all beforehand..
    We are also looking into renting a pontoon boat one day of the week we are there too. Maybe at Thunderbird Mountain.
    Holden says he wants us to move there!
    Last edited by omnivore; 02-15-2011 at 10:13 PM.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

I would love to come but am attending The 2011 COG NE Spring Fling Rally in Wellsboro,PA. May 19-22.
    Have fun and ride safe !
    "Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every
    man's greed." ~~ Mohandas Ghandi
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

'09 Concours 14 The Ultimate Transcontinental Cruise Missile

Scott I would so love to go on this trip but the spring is way to busy with work to get time off. I am definitely in for the Thanksgiving trip, the wife and daughter want to come with this time. Hope you guys have an awesome trip.
    Corey

No worries Tom- I am sure we will ride a few times this season. I will be off to PA for at least a wknd as soon as it's above 10-12 degrees daytime temps.

Corey, LMK if anything changes. It'd be nice to have you along again. The grass will still be there when you get back, just a little longer,LOL
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6

I'm booked of work and packed

Hmmm were is Shane lol
    Barrie and area riders.

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Claudio I wish I could get the time off work that you do. Any rides planned for the summer, I would like to go back to PA for a long weekend I think there where lots more good roads down there to hit up.

I plan on doing a good ride every second weekend I don't have the kids so lots of Penn trips. You guys will be sick of me by the end of the summer haha.

Quote Originally Posted by schrader2 View Post
    Claudio I wish I could get the time off work that you do. Any rides planned for the summer, I would like to go back to PA for a long weekend I think there where lots more good roads down there to hit up.
    Barrie and area riders.

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Be there three weeks earlier... Have fun lads and ladies...
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

I booked this week of just hoping that you would be doing this trip again. If there is room I'd be in, just gotta finalize it with the wife. It would just be me hoping to snag some trailer room down with someone, split the costs of driving down.

Send me a pm when this opens up to new comers.

Thanks,

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    Be there three weeks earlier... Have fun lads and ladies...
    Fill us in or road conditions when you get back.
    Barrie and area riders.

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    I have booked the same large house for Deal's Gap again. It is 2 miles from the end of the Dragon, in Tennessee....and this yr, there is no rockslide. Not that it was THAT terrible having to ride the Cherohala Skyway twice a day every day last yr,LOL

The owner of the house asked if we would be interested in any additional services when we stayed there for Thanksgiving in Oct, and based on our interest, she has now elected to have internet installed as well, so that is a plus. It also increased the house rental cost a tiny bit.

I have booked it for May 21-28th.

Before I open the doors to any and all riders, I will wait a few weeks for those who have previously joined in May or Oct for the trip to sign on first. They will get first right of refusal.

If we get 10 riders, then the housing cost will be about $160-165/rider.....a cheap stay for a week for sure!

A non-refundable $100 deposit is required to hold your spot.
    (If a deposit is paid, then a rider needs to back out, I can't refund the money. However, as I have done in the past, I can help the rider who is backing out, sell their spot to another person interested in joining, so they can recover their deposit. Only if the spot CANNOT be filled, would the rider loose the deposit. Reason is that I do not want to end up paying for an expensive house rental that isn't filled, in the case of a bunch of people backing out.)

I will post up some pics etc shortly.

WOOT!! Can't wait for May!!
    Last edited by HorizonXP; 02-19-2011 at 12:51 PM.

Hmmm... Thanks for doing this again Scott. Anyone that hasn't been before will have a blast and the house is really nice.

Would love to come, but not sure how much riding I will get to do again this season - I want to go travelling far away next winter for a few months, so no time off work for me this summer. Might only have time for Ontario rides this year.

Have fun and ride safe eveyone.
    www.shanekingsley.com - House (and jungle) Music All Night Long

The Big Map of Ontario's Best Roads.

I was going to post this before, but decided to wait on my friend. He has been difficult to reach, which is why I'm back.

Omnivore, I messaged you a few months back about this trip, as I was hoping to plan something similar. People flaked, and it looks like it's only two of us now. Moreover, my friend seems to be a more "seat of the pants" type guy; all of my poking and prodding about booking a place to stay has fallen on deaf ears.

I like to plan ahead. If there is room available in your rented house, I would love to join you. PM me details for getting in touch with you for the deposit, once you've heard back from the previous group. I'm super excited for this trip, and I hope I can make it with you guys!

I will be down there for the week of June 12 . Staying at the GAP.
    I am taking a small group down.

I may be able to do the May 24 week ... I should know within the next week or two.