Lets see your track/race videos! - Page 6

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Lets see your track/race videos!

Re: Lets see your track/race videos!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    Ken has been involved in roadracing since the early 1990's and maybe before that (that's when I first knew him).

I know he has done Daytona, and did a fair bit of racing in the States in various Twins or Thunder-type classes over the years.

It is not a prerequisite to win an AMA Superbike championship to know a thing or two about what you are talking about.
    I was just curious, the way he was calling out people to compare resume's and that we should google him ect. I would think that #1 when I do google him that he would be at least be on there as someone that has raced with a history of winning "a" race but I couldn't find anything. That being said I don't think that I would be calling people out to compare resume's and I definitely wouldn't be asking people to google me to check out my racing history when there is nothing to be found.

Don't take it personally

Dude nobody was calling anyone out. What I was suggesting was that I have a pretty extensive background in racing. Last I looked there were some videos of my racing MotoST on Speed at various venues with the AMA I have some on DVD if you want to come see? Keep in mind 95% of my racing career was before GoPro where videos actually came from TV production. There is also a couple boxes of trophies/plaques many of which have #1 on them that you can peruse I have won many races over the years (BrianP was even in some of them) and have held Expert/Pro licenses with various orgs in Canada and the USA including the AMA for well over a decade, they dont give you that without some sort of proven results. How about you? Like I said if you want to compare resumes, I am in.
    If you take the time to actually read the posts I am making a point that trackdays are not always the best at teaching/understanding track technique. It bothers me to see needless crashes and questionable analyst thats handed out. But feel free to ignore me. But if you want to question me or my background do your homework first.
    I have seen your posts before and more than realize that you dont like anyone challegeing your unquestionable skills and knowledge. So carry on.

..................and I took this thread even further off topic with my sarcasm and silly digs, for which I apologise. I should learn to keep my typing fingers still somedays.

Let's try to keep the thread on topic before admin have to read it more carefully. I have a nice video of how NOT to do turn 1 at Calabogie from this weekend to come. Just need to edit it and stick it on youtube.

We're hurtling towards the end of the season so now's the time when everyone should be editing their videos together.

I'm not part of this pissing contest, but consistently find people aren't able to make effective searches on engines like Google. Here's what I found in a few mintues:
    - a release about the 2008 Moto-ST series, and the kickoff with the Daytona 300; note Ken's team #88, Jester Racing
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314516

- a video report from some show covering the 8 hours of Daytona race. I didn't watch it closely, but I'm sure you'll probably see the #88 bike zip by during the segment
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x89...otost-8-h_news
    - A news release about four of the 2008 Moto-ST series races would be broadcast on SPEED (wow, an actual broadcast and not putting up Go-Pro vids on Youtube)
    http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...&article=30969

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery254 View Post
    I have a nice video of how NOT to do turn 1 at Calabogie from this weekend to come. Just need to edit it and stick it on youtube.
    I'll look for it.I thought t1 was pretty simple....NOT!
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Turn 1 is pretty simple. Pick a speed, turn when you see Jeebus, cling for dear life, hope it's all going to work out. Once you've committed, I don't know there's much you can do about the rest of the corner except breathe and wait for the exit.
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Wingboy View Post
    I'll look for it.I thought t1 was pretty simple....NOT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    Turn 1 is pretty simple. Pick a speed, turn when you see Jeebus, cling for dear life, hope it's all going to work out. Once you've committed, I don't know there's much you can do about the rest of the corner except breathe and wait for the exit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RywoxmYgEEg

Doesn't look that bad on video. Lot more scary in real life.

Here's a fun video from last Monday!

Machine and doozerdave having fun (onboard with Dave (me))
    -Dave
    2003 SV650S track bike, 2001 CBR929RR street bike

Quote Originally Posted by doozerdave View Post
    That steering damper seems to move at the mounting bolt rather than the damper body. Doesn't look like it would be so effective in a speed wobble.

However it is interesting to note that the movement clearly shows that the wheel is turned right for RH corners and left for LH corners, contrary to what some people seem to believe.
    There is no planet B.

A couple laps of Calabogie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=morUnKPCQFk
    2008 DUCATI 848

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    That steering damper seems to move at the mounting bolt rather than the damper body. Doesn't look like it would be so effective in a speed wobble.
    I watched again and I'm trying to figure out how you came up with that... I can assure you that damper is excellent and very effective. I think the angle of the video isn't really showing how the damper is mounted...

However it is interesting to note that the movement clearly shows that the wheel is turned right for RH corners and left for LH corners, contrary to what some people seem to believe.
    yep, shows counter-steering and bars turned slightly in while mid-corner. Who thinks the bars would be turned the other way?? Haha... maybe backing it in or drifting out...
    -Dave

I watched again and I'm trying to figure out how you came up with that... I can assure you that damper is excellent and very effective. I think the angle of the video isn't really showing how the damper is mounted...
    Look at the movement of the bolt relative to the nut on the top yoke. They move relative to one another, allowing the main body of the damper to move with it. It looks to me like that bolt is supposed to fix the damper to the yoke, but then maybe I'm not getting the full picture as you say.
    There is no planet B.

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    Look at the movement of the bolt relative to the nut on the top yoke. They move relative to one another, allowing the main body of the damper to move with it. It looks to me like that bolt is supposed to fix the damper to the yoke, but then maybe I'm not getting the full picture as you say.
    No, you're not getting the full picture. Both the steering damper main cylinder mount and piston rod end have spherical bearings inside them (or equivalent).

Here's a pic of a Hyper Pro cylinder mount...

Attachment 0

Attachment 0

Here ya go:

HyperPro on a 929

It mounts pretty much the same way as an Öhlins. It uses the upper tank mounts to attach to the frame.
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by 219R6 View Post
    That's a great video. Man I need to get up to that track one of these days... Every time I watch a video it seems like there are a lot of barriers in a lot of corners. I keep hearing that it's only a few corners that have poor run-off for bikes, but it looks a bit scary. What's your opinion?
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by 219R6 View Post
    Was this a private trackday? Didn't know there were anymore this year...
    *~Maggie~*

I put the wrong date in when I edited it... That was the labour day weekend...
    2008 DUCATI 848

Here ya go:

HyperPro on a 929

It mounts pretty much the same way as an Öhlins. It uses the upper tank mounts to attach to the frame.
    Ah, got it. Thanks.
    There is no planet B.

Welcome to the 2012 track season boys and girls!

Here are a few vids from Sunday at Grand Bend. This was right after lunch, different track layout from the morning, and it caught more than a few people by surprise.

Screaming Alien, red flagged

Screaming Alien, restart with lots of passing
    -Dave

Wow was that just an open track day?