Lets see your track/race videos! - Page 5

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Lets see your track/race videos!

Re: Lets see your track/race videos!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    Yep.
    Absolutely right. Grass is NEVER the right option. You are almost certain to crash. You were no where near too hot. Just turn in the bike best case you make it (likely). Worse case it is to greasy and you lowside. At least you scrub off some speed before the grass and you stop no where near the tires.
    When I started there were no trackdays, my first sponsor ran the first trackdays I remember (Kelly's Cycle in Brampton). This was a great way to get people interested in racing. Now I look at trackdays as some good and some bad. Seems people look at them as some kind of stepping stone to racing (not everyone). Where you have to do ........ many trackdays before you are "ready". Problem we are finding now is new racers are showing up at our school with some very bad habits learned at trackdays. These habits are being reinforced by other trackday riders with limited skills. Again not everyone but more and more each year.
    There are some simple rules.
    #1 Stay off your rear brake.
    #2 Stay off the grass
    #3 Trust your tires
    #4 Never give up on the corner even when it seems hopeless
    #5 Learn from every crash, Be honest with yourself as to the cause (99% its YOU)
    #6 Master going slow then the speed will just come.
    #7 Gravity and Physics apply to us all so the only thing keeping you from catching the guy in front of you is you.
    #8 Spend your money on suspension and tires forget the HID and Pazzo's

Sorry for the rant. I hate seeing basic mistakes causing crashes and injuries that dont have to happen. Last season I attended a track day before one of our rounds. There were 10 red flags and three road ambulance calls! We went three weekends in a row last year without a single ambulance roll.
    My feeling and it appears to be shared by more than a few of our instructors and long time racers is that trackdays have their place but are also starting to create issues in people learning curve that previously didnt appear to be there.
    Have fun and be safe guys.

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    There are some simple rules.
    #1 Stay off your rear brake.
    #2 Stay off the grass
    #3 Trust your tires
    #4 Never give up on the corner even when it seems hopeless
    #5 Learn from every crash, Be honest with yourself as to the cause (99% its YOU)
    #6 Master going slow then the speed will just come.
    #7 Gravity and Physics apply to us all so the only thing keeping you from catching the guy in front of you is you.
    #8 Spend your money on suspension and tires forget the HID and Pazzo's
    What would Nicky Hayden do?????

Last season I attended a track day before one of our rounds. There were 10 red flags and three road ambulance calls! We went three weekends in a row last year without a single ambulance roll. My feeling and it appears to be shared by more than a few of our instructors and long time racers is that trackdays have their place but are also starting to create issues in people learning curve that previously didnt appear to be there.Have fun and be safe guys.
    You should be running Moto GP Ken. You're a genius, running a race series that has no crashes.Btw, you forgot to post your track/race video in amongst all that blah. Although you probably managed to kill the thread. Nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post

I know why they tell people to not use it but it's not an absolute.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I doubt I'll choose to go in the grass in the future. Watching my original video now makes me realize that I got pretty lucky with my dismount.

Forks seem fine unless there is a very slight bend. No ripples or leaks. I was told to loosen the bolts and let them reset in case there is some twist. But i haven't done that yet.

Back to the videos. Here is one without the windscreen.

The dismount was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery254 View Post
    You should be running Moto GP Ken. You're a genius, running a race series that has no crashes.Btw, you forgot to post your track/race video in amongst all that blah. Although you probably managed to kill the thread. Nice one.
    Didnt say no crashes just no ambulance rolls. There is a difference.
    Not trying to kill the thread just tired of watching more and more clips of riders crashing and some getting hurt for no good reason (we have had two deaths this year alone at trackdays in Ontario, this isnt a joke) and then seeing posts from others giving questionable advice/analyst . Sorry if my post ruined your fun. (not really)
    If you want to see videos of my racing google me I know that there are a few online. Like it or not, believe it or not, I like many on this site have been racing for a very long time. Some of us even have taught once or twice and have a pretty good grip on track riding.
    Take my advice or dont. Anytime you want to compare race resumes I am in

FYI most crashes I have seen on or off the track were because the rider gave up on the task of riding. Take what you will from that.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=44.230151,-76.481499
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

Quote Originally Posted by stnd View Post
    Back to the videos. Here is one without the windscreen.
    Heh, looks like the wind was just too much for you on the back straight since you were short shifting?
    There is no planet B.

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    Heh, looks like the wind was just too much for you on the back straight since you were short shifting?
    The OP is riding a 675 triple. Not sure what they rev to but a lot of people short shift between 5b and 6 anyway. Kudos to the Op for getting back on and riding so well after his off.

Next time..... take lessons from this guy in avoiding the tire wall.

http://www.break.com/index/amazing-r...rcycle-2123636

Quote Originally Posted by stnd View Post
    Video of my crash at Mosport - Turn 2 yesterday. Regular then slo mo.

Quote Originally Posted by redridernl View Post
    The dismount was awesome.
    I was behind stnd when he went off... that's me at the beginning of the vid, going real slow showing a beginner around the track. Actually did a handstand when going over the handle bars before landing on the tire wall.

Dude you lived up to your avatar, even landed on your feet like a cat! Nice one and glad you weren't hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    I'm so glad I was in the room for that. I'm still not sure how Spinelli managed to not tell the kid to go **** himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery254 View Post
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by 08CBR1000 View Post
    LMAO
    read again.

Banned

[......................
    Last edited by GrahamT; 09-03-2011 at 12:15 PM.

Didnt say no crashes just no ambulance rolls. There is a difference.
    Not trying to kill the thread just tired of watching more and more clips of riders crashing and some getting hurt for no good reason (we have had two deaths this year alone at trackdays in Ontario, this isnt a joke) and then seeing posts from others giving questionable advice/analyst . Sorry if my post ruined your fun. (not really)
    If you want to see videos of my racing google me I know that there are a few online. Like it or not, believe it or not, I like many on this site have been racing for a very long time. Some of us even have taught once or twice and have a pretty good grip on track riding.
    Take my advice or dont. Anytime you want to compare race resumes I am in
    I tried to google you Ken but nothing came up about you racing... what have you won?

Ken has been involved in roadracing since the early 1990's and maybe before that (that's when I first knew him).

I know he has done Daytona, and did a fair bit of racing in the States in various Twins or Thunder-type classes over the years.

It is not a prerequisite to win an AMA Superbike championship to know a thing or two about what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    It is not a prerequisite to win an AMA Superbike championship to know a thing or two about what you are talking about.
    Until you win a MotoGP at least twice, you can't even have a cogent opinion. That's the rule!
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

I guess Rossi is going to have to come here and answer a few questions since he's the only one who has ever done it. (the 500s weren't called MotoGP before someone tries to correct me) Maybe in a month or two Casey can give his opinion.