Racerracer.com

Thread: Racerracer.com

Racerracer.com

so i just bought a helmet through racerracer.com and thought i would share my experience.

i came on here a few weeks ago looking for any suggestions on where to get good deals on helmets. someone suggested ebay, which was kinda a given, but i went on there anyway to have a look.

i came across one guy/store who had a good price on the Shoei Qwest helmet i was looking for. turns out he had a reqular website too, which he later directed me to (link above).

i dealt with Chris. im assuming its his business. he was fast on email replys, answered all my questions, and was patient with me while i decided which helmet i wanted for sure. in the end he gave me a GREAT deal on the helmet. best price i could find elsewhere was about $420 US. in Canada it was $510 (MRSP in canada is well over $600). he gave it to me for $395!!

with shipping, and COD, conversion, tax, blah blah blah, it ended up costing me about $430 CAN to my door. he was also kinda enough to mark the box as "gift".

shipping was fast, and the helmet arrived with no problems, and im wearing it now as i type (gotta break in that stiff new foam).

so i just thought id share the experience, and hopefully others will have a good experience if they choose to deal with him. A+ for Chris and racerracer.com!

Re: Racerracer.com

You can get a plain black Shoei Qwest in Toronto for around $400 bucks including taxes.
    They want ~$120 more for the ones with the paint jobs though...
    (It's always that way with those nice Shoei paint jobs.)
    Canadian Shoei prices used to be way higher, but not so bad these days.
    People want to see their helmet, try it on and have it professionally fitted, then buy and take it home.
    But you could save some bucks doing it your way, if you're brave.
    Last edited by Gryphon; 03-08-2011 at 10:05 PM. Reason: spell
    Old Ninja, runs good.