Setting Personal Goals!!!

Thread: Setting Personal Goals!!!

Setting Personal Goals!!!

My goal last year was to get into the 9's....I accomplished that quite early in the season. The rest of the year was trying to get a 9.7...It never came(9.83 pb)...This year I have set a new goal of 9.3(possible 9.2 if everything is set up perfect)....No secrets with me....once I get my 9.3, then and only then have I earned a chance to hit the 40 dry shot that will be ready and waiting this spring when I go out...I'm hard on myself...maybe others not so much....But for me it's a must or the focus and personal goals won't be met....Can't wait!!!! grrrrr

Re: Setting Personal Goals!!!

I will wait for you at the end of the track....lol.........good luck with your goals

After you and I go through the lights both in the 8's ......we'll head down to Hess village with the bikes for some wings and eye candy...k.....Mike and Brian welcome also...

Quote Originally Posted by NEVER2OLD View Post
    After you and I go through the lights both in the 8's ......we'll head down to Hess village with the bikes for some wings and eye candy...k.....Mike and Brian welcome also...
    Ya that's the best thing is riding to the track running in the 8"s and riding home....

i like riding to the track,running 16.74@77 mph,then riding my triple home....
    1973 KAWASAKI S1 250 TRIPLE
    1991 GSXR 1100
    2011 bmw s1000RR

lmao.....You talked me into it Mike...Gonna run the CX650E....Not sure what I will run,but I'm thinking a 13.9/14...somewhere in there(I hope)...Now if Tait was on it he would probably get it into the 12's somehow..................

I'd like to get under 10. That is a realistic goal. A solid 9.8 is ideal.

That sounds very realistic...some seat time like myself and hopefully we can reach our goals....All the best in reaching them!!!

It's going to take some time but I am really stoked for this year. I really need to work on my starts. My R/T was horrible. I had a couple descent .025 + but most were in the .1 - .3 range.
    I am going to spend every weekend out at TMP if I can and make it to all the events at the other venues if possible.

Anyone got any tips for me?

Seems like you guys have been around and doing this for awhile. Would love to meet up at the track and learn.

a faster pass has nothing to do with reaction time,just so you know...time doesnt start until you break the beams... leave on the last yellow....
    1973 KAWASAKI S1 250 TRIPLE
    1991 GSXR 1100
    2011 bmw s1000RR

The hardest part of dragracing a bike,and I believe most riders would agree is getting that 60 foot time down..Which means getting out of the hole hard.On a bike like yours if your hoping(not sure if its stretched or not)on getting in the nines your gonna have to get some mid 1.60 60' times.. Only way of really improving that is proper suspension setup and lots of seat time!!

SEAT TIME!!!!! and banger I'm always out there TMP, u can always here my bike at the starting line!!! You have to find your points of the bike and do it the same way, from the burn out to stagging into the beams. THE SAME WAY!!!! Its all about seat time and learning the power of a stock bike that is tuned and a couple mods. That is some times fun and hell at the same time!!!
    And 60" will help out big time to get u in the 9's all day with a right setup.

And hey guys on the street who come to the track, street and track are way different. We just had a couple guys come out to the track and where getting mad,( the fun part about this is the guy let me ride his bike when I said I can make it run a 9.7, three pass later 9.7 ) its all about fun when we start and then it become apart of ur life and summer fun..

I will post my 03 R1 on post ur video and this was stock to mod . STock was a handful I remember that much!!!

Ah, good to know. Stuff I should have already perhaps known but at least I am learning it all now.

lol.....And the more you learn,the faster you will want to go...The faster you go the more you have to learn.....the learning curve will never end...I'm no different than you Banger,my learning curve this year is vertical!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NEVER2OLD View Post
    My goal last year was to get into the 9's....I accomplished that quite early in the season. The rest of the year was trying to get a 9.7...It never came(9.83 pb)...This year I have set a new goal of 9.3(possible 9.2 if everything is set up perfect)....No secrets with me....once I get my 9.3, then and only then have I earned a chance to hit the 40 dry shot that will be ready and waiting this spring when I go out...I'm hard on myself...maybe others not so much....But for me it's a must or the focus and personal goals won't be met....Can't wait!!!! grrrrr
    Awesome!!

I'd just like to learn how......to launch I guess.
    I have yet to start a roadrace where I wasn't dead last going into turn 1.....the Ninja 250's even beat me to the turn. Sure makes for more passing, but it'd be nicer if the last pass you made before the checkers was for the lead, not for 13th place,LOL
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Your never2old --- Lets do TMP on Fridays this season...