Special Tool....WTF....grrrr

Thread: Special Tool....WTF....grrrr

Special Tool....WTF....grrrr

I'm in the process of installing a McIntosh 8" Pro Arm on my zx14...Everything is going really well(should have known..lol)...I go to the right side of the bike to pull the swingarm pivot shaft and there"s a dam swingarm pivot collar locknut....Well that stopped me in my tracks... I go googling and find out the whole assembly will more than likely turn out when using the 14mm hex to spin out the shaft....Question...I have a 1 1/16 " socket in my hand to make a special tool(Swingarm pivot nut wrench) but does anyone out there, know where i can buy one for alot less than the 70 dollars Kawasaki is asking, before I go through the time of making a less than superior homemade tool...lol

Re: Special Tool....WTF....grrrr

Quote Originally Posted by NEVER2OLD View Post
    I'm in the process of installing a McIntosh 8" Pro Arm on my zx14...Everything is going really well(should have known..lol)...I go to the right side of the bike to pull the swingarm pivot shaft and there"s a dam swingarm pivot collar locknut....Well that stopped me in my tracks... I go googling and find out the whole assembly will more than likely turn out when using the 14mm hex to spin out the shaft....Question...I have a 1 1/16 " socket in my hand to make a special tool(Swingarm pivot nut wrench) but does anyone out there, know where i can buy one for alot less than the 70 dollars Kawasaki is asking, before I go through the time of making a less than superior homemade tool...lol
    Is that the thing with 4 prongs on it? If so, I think I have one but it's in the "tools that I almost never use" box and may take quite a while to find. I would think that JohnnyP636 would have one, too. A lot of Kawasakis have that same swingarm pivot design. It may be faster to just whip out the grinder and go ahead and make that special tool. (I would.)

Re: Special Tool....WTF....grrrr

I'll more than likely make one...And no doubt it will end up in the same place as yours after I use it once...lol