Working out! Fitness! Nutrition! - Page 4

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Working out! Fitness! Nutrition!

Re: Working out! Fitness! Nutrition!

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon View Post
    I just joined my school rowing team practice this morning. I got to figure out if next year I wanna be on the rugby team or rowing.
    Long legs = good for rowing. Plus rowing equals less injuries and bruises and bruises all over a chick's legs are not very attractive IMHO.

.....and on a side note I set two lifting PR's in the last two weeks 405 lbs x5 squat and 365 lbs x2 bench, come at me /bragging
    Current: 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
    Past: 2005 Ducati S2R 800 Dark

Did the P90x program last summer got great results, now I'm trying out the GSP Rushfit. Great program so far two weeks in.
    2006 Yamaha FZ6 FTW!

Check out my website!
    http://www.studiofg.ca

Well just to keep you young bucks on track let me give you a little encouragement. I played rugby all through highschool and up until age 30. Then I quit exercising and like Gummy, took to nasty food and lots of brown pop. Fast forward to age 57 (last summer)and riding my bike one Sunday morning I have an "event" that lands me in hospital and culminates in 6 cardiac artery by-pass grafts. Luckily I did not have a heart attack or sustained any damage to the pump but I could have been a goner.

Five months on now and I'm enrolled in a cardiac rehabilitation program that has me at 2x 90 minute cardio sessions every week for the next 4 to 6 months. I am also expected to do another 2 hours a week (minimum) on my own.

Over the years, the wife and I have bought (and stored after the best intentions but never seeming to get around to it) every piece of workout equipment from treadmill to total gym so there can be no more excuses and they are going to get used. As I find my upper body strength has wasted away I'll need to work on that as I'm so jonesing to get riding again.

So take a hint from an old codger, ditch the junk food, watch the intake of hootch and keep your body moving. Trust me, you don't want to put yourself through what I've experienced.

Stay healthy folks.
    Spyug

PS That warrior dash thing looks like fun.....maybe next year for me.
    Last edited by Spyug; 02-11-2011 at 10:12 AM.
    "Slowest beasts are always strongest and manage to live the longest"
    "If it's no Scottish.......it's crap!"
    "Ama lyin?"

1983 GS750E Black Booty
    1982 GS750 SZ Katana Wee Beastie II
    1983 GS550E Basket Case from Hell

Quote Originally Posted by Roasted View Post
    ....and on a side note I set two lifting PR's in the last two weeks 405 lbs x5 squat and 365 lbs x2 bench, come at me /bragging
    Vids or GTFO haha

Any of you guys try dragon boating? I did that the summer I graduated from university and regretted not getting into it earlier. Tons of asian chicks haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchard View Post
    Man, that's like two bucks worth of 50 cent words. I guess that Readers Digest subscription really paid off.
    '92 gixxer 750 - Jupiter

Peterborough, or just where ever the road takes me

Long legs = good for rowing. Plus rowing equals less injuries and bruises and bruises all over a chick's legs are not very attractive IMHO.

.....and on a side note I set two lifting PR's in the last two weeks 405 lbs x5 squat and 365 lbs x2 bench, come at me /bragging
    It takes lot to bruise me, and I don't seem to break. Got kneed full forsce in th nose last year during a game, not a mark on me. Probably left a nice bruise on the girls leg though :P

I can bench more than my brother, only 120lbs, but still, that's a lot more then most chicks can do. I've never tried to see what my max weight I can bench is. I don't really wanna turn into a man :P
    Not wearing gear while riding is like unprotected sex. Sooner or later you're going to get a rash!

It takes lot to bruise me, and I don't seem to break. Got kneed full forsce in th nose last year during a game, not a mark on me. Probably left a nice bruise on the girls leg though :P

I can bench more than my brother, only 120lbs, but still, that's a lot more then most chicks can do. I've never tried to see what my max weight I can bench is. I don't really wanna turn into a man :P
    Thats F'ing HOT... when I wheel I want to know three things right away.. baby whats your name, you single?, and how much you benching these days? and if its below 100 you can keep walking my laundry is heavy.
    former: 2006 sv650s (sold)
    current: 2009 r6

"You need to stop suckin back the ballserade, to much salt can be toxic."

I can bench more than my brother, only 120lbs, but still, that's a lot more then most chicks can do.
    OWNED....and that's pretty good........more than I lifted when I first started. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spyug View Post
    Well just to keep you young bucks on track let me give you a little encouragement. I played rugby all through highschool and up until age 30. Then I quit exercising and like Gummy, took to nasty food and lots of brown pop. Fast forward to age 57 (last summer)and riding my bike one Sunday morning I have an "event" that lands me in hospital and culminates in 6 cardiac artery by-pass grafts. Luckily I did not have a heart attack or sustained any damage to the pump but I could have been a goner.

Five months on now and I'm enrolled in a cardiac rehabilitation program that has me at 2x 90 minute cardio sessions every week for the next 4 to 6 months. I am also expected to do another 2 hours a week (minimum) on my own.

Over the years, the wife and I have bought (and stored after the best intentions but never seeming to get around to it) every piece of workout equipment from treadmill to total gym so there can be no more excuses and they are going to get used. As I find my upper body strength has wasted away I'll need to work on that as I'm so jonesing to get riding again.

So take a hint from an old codger, ditch the junk food, watch the intake of hootch and keep your body moving. Trust me, you don't want to put yourself through what I've experienced.

Stay healthy folks.
    Spyug

PS That warrior dash thing looks like fun.....maybe next year for me.
    I'm sorry to hear about what happened.. But thankfully that's all that happened... Sometimes we need the slaps in our faces to steer us in the right directions... Thanks for the passionate advice bro.
    Tearin it up at the gym -ENDORPHINES KICKIN..
    Cruzin on the GsxR - ADRENALINE PUMPIN......
    Stayin positive - THE ONLY WAY TO BE...
    Everything else is your destiny - ACCEPT IT ....

It's not how we write our stories - IT'S HOW OUR STORIES END....
    <Square One Central Rider>

Quote Originally Posted by Spyug View Post
    Stay healthy folks.
    Spyug
    Hey, good to see you here!

Just to clarify my situation, while I do have a weakness for beer I actually do eat healthy and avoid junk foods. We are trying to do the 100 mile challenge thing, which means all our meats and veggies are fresh and local grown and we avoid processed foods as much as possible. I just eat too much of the proper food, is all. And as a truck driver I don't get a whole lot of exercise holding a steering wheel 8hrs a day, but I keep a set of weights in the cab and try to walk as much as I can.
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

LOL, yeah, right.....I'm no IFBB pro. I'm just doing the expo....not watching the show. Kinda wanna see pre-judging but the people I'm going with are only doing the expo and I'm not going by myself. Maybe next year I'll watch the whole show.

I'm mostly going just to take some pics with Jamie Eason and Laura Michelle Prestin.
    IFBB did you say?

Miss Laura Michelle Prestin...

......"Nowhere is one as free as on the road with no destination in mind"

2007 Vulcan 1500 FI - Still Thrillin'
    2003 Honda Shadow Ace (sold)
    1979 Yamaha 650 Special (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat13 View Post
    Hmmm how were the prices there?
    Not sure what the prices are now I was going there in 97/98. If you want to check it out we can go to gether. They will prob give you a discount cause they love me

http://www.atlasboxingclub.com/index.html
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmonkey View Post
    Vids or GTFO haha

Any of you guys try dragon boating? I did that the summer I graduated from university and regretted not getting into it earlier. Tons of asian chicks haha.
    So much fun, been dragon boating for 4 years now
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Thank-you =)

ha ha ha that a girl, you sound just like me when I your age. OMG I sound so old saying that. lol Don't worry about turing into a man, that wont happen unless you take some roids.
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Thank-you =)

Quote Originally Posted by rafiki911 View Post
    So much fun, been dragon boating for 4 years now
    Oh that's awesome! The only thing I don't miss so much is smelling like Lake Ontario.
    Man, that's like two bucks worth of 50 cent words. I guess that Readers Digest subscription really paid off.
    '92 gixxer 750 - Jupiter

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmonkey View Post
    Oh that's awesome! The only thing I don't miss so much is smelling like Lake Ontario.
    lol I just threw up in my mouth a little after reading that. The worst is Balmy Beach, I practiced there the first year and all I can remember is the smell of the waste water treatment plant next door and seeing masive dead carp floating around. If anyone is interested in joining make sure you ask the team where your practice. If it's West of Leslie then it's less stinky.
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Thank-you =)

Quote Originally Posted by rafiki911 View Post
    lol I just threw up in my mouth a little after reading that. The worst is Balmy Beach, I practiced there the first year and all I can remember is the smell of the waste water treatment plant next door and seeing masive dead carp floating around. If anyone is interested in joining make sure you ask the team where your practice. If it's West of Leslie then it's less stinky.
    Well granted I only did this for one season, but I practiced out at Sunnyside. Nothing but dead birds and "organic" matter littering that place. Blech......
    '92 gixxer 750 - Jupiter

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    If you're in the east end, you can try liverpool boxing club in pickering.

Preston Roberts is the head coach there.
    There is also a new boxing club in whitby, it is in the same gym as body boomers at Thickson and # 2.
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

Quote Originally Posted by sarky View Post
    i go to socialize. 2 hours a night 6-7 days a week
    Ahhh your on of those guys eh .. leaning on the machines holding everyone else up. lol ....
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBreez View Post
    IFBB did you say?

Miss Laura Michelle Prestin...
    I heard that she's actually a HUGE ***** though................. would still hit. lol

Also, Jamie Eason was in the GTA this past weekend. A couple people I know run into her and her bf at my old gym on Sunday. She's supposedly TINY (like 5' nothin') and actually really nice. Her bf on the other hand is like 6'3+.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    Depends how long you can stay conscious