Working out! Fitness! Nutrition! - Page 3

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Working out! Fitness! Nutrition!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don't think I'll put too much faith in a guy who thinks plyometrics are low-rep, high weight exercises, thanks.
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    I don't think I'll put too much faith in a guy who thinks plyometrics are low-rep, high weight exercises, thanks.
    That's not what I said. But you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Keep spouting your broscience. Why don't you tell us how much faster your gixxer is than the s1000rr. Oh wait no one gives a ****.

Re: Working out! Fitness! Nutrition!

Hey guys, chill out...no fighting......here take a look at this gallery. I promise once you're done looking at it you'll feel much better:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thephoe...7625169117816/
    Current: 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
    Past: 2005 Ducati S2R 800 Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Roasted View Post
    Hey guys, chill out...no fighting......here take a look at this gallery. I promise once you're done looking at it you'll feel much better:

You're a good man! You're doing God's work here....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchard View Post
    Man, that's like two bucks worth of 50 cent words. I guess that Readers Digest subscription really paid off.
    '92 gixxer 750 - Jupiter

My damn wife does this stuff while cooking dinner, doing her makeup and talking on the phone, its like living with a damn flamingo.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    My damn wife does this stuff while cooking dinner, doing her makeup and talking on the phone, its like living with a damn flamingo.
    If I lived with a flamingo that looked like that dancer I'd probably have sex with it. A lot. Just sayin.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchard View Post
    Man, that's like two bucks worth of 50 cent words. I guess that Readers Digest subscription really paid off.
    '92 gixxer 750 - Jupiter

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmonkey View Post
    If I lived with a flamingo that looked like that dancer I'd probably have sex with it. A lot. Just sayin.....
    the feathers are an acquire taste!

best thing i started doing for workout to change up was take advice from a previous manager at popeyes. His workout was this this:

ex- biceps

1st set: want to use an easy weight that you can easily lift 2 times, do once or twice depending on you
    2nd set: Basically max your weight out at 5-7 reps (you need a weight so your 5th-7th rep is all you can possibly do without altering technique to do)
    3rd set: max weight for 8-10 reps again all you can do to finish the last rep
    4thset: max weight you can do 12-15 reps
    5th set: little lower weight should again be using your all to do 15 if not more reps

1st set 2nd set 3rdset 4th set 5th set
    Standing bicep curls w/u 20 reps 5-7reps 8-10sets 12-15 15+ reps
    preacher curl no w/u 5-7 reps 8-10 reps 12-15reps 15+
    reverse grip preacher curl " " " "
    concentration curls " " " "
    standing hammer curl " " " "
    55's one set 55 reps

for those who dont know (my favourite exercise to end a bicep day) try it out after you finish working biceps
    55's are when you take a preacher bar and say put 20's on each side and while standing you do 1 rep, hands down at your side for 2 second break, 2 reps 2 second break, 3 reps 2 second break ........... 10 reps and drop the weights because your forearms and biceps are on fire

working out like that 1 month on 1 month different style helped me break my climaxes. With a good diet and excess powders i gained 15 pounds in 4 weeks and was very evident

edit: posted a little strange but w/u being warm up, only do on your first exercise of that muscle group

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle72 View Post
    That's not what I said. But you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Keep spouting your broscience. Why don't you tell us how much faster your gixxer is than the s1000rr. Oh wait no one gives a ****.
    Is that why you keep obsessing over it?

It's Tool Time on GTAM.
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Taleb View Post
    But who here loves to feel those endorphins after a great work out? I personally love fitness/body building... Great stress reliever and nothing beats the feeling of jumping on the bike after a good work out.... Anyone here into fitness as well as motorcycles?
    I run about 30-40k a week and do lot's of stretching, core and bodyweight exercises in between. I'm usually pretty tired after a workout and don't go riding right away, especially after a tiring upper body workout. Riding is more fun when I'm fit.
    www.shanekingsley.com - House (and jungle) Music All Night Long

The Big Map of Ontario's Best Roads.

Nope, even the last week pre-contest my calories have never dipped under 3000/day and I think that was STILL a little too aggressive. Will try cutting at 3300/day next time around.

But than I have the metabolism of a raver consantly doped up on e.

1500 cals/day is fine IMHO .............. for a girl. Start around 2200 and tweak as neccessary depending on how much you're loosing every week (if you're loosing >2lbs a week up your cals, if youre loosing <1 lbs a week, drop cals).

70% protein and 30% carbs is VERY unrealistic imho. 0% fat? First, you actually need some fat for proper hormone production, second, I dunno if those numbers would be even possible to hit while eating any real food (which you should be). I'd aim for at least 15% cals from fat.

Also, good luck having any sort of a trace of a social life with that workout schedule unless you're unemployed.........and even than....
    Pre-contest? What show were you in?
    Tearin it up at the gym -ENDORPHINES KICKIN..
    Cruzin on the GsxR - ADRENALINE PUMPIN......
    Stayin positive - THE ONLY WAY TO BE...
    Everything else is your destiny - ACCEPT IT ....

It's not how we write our stories - IT'S HOW OUR STORIES END....
    <Square One Central Rider>

The horrible thing about all this math, is some people are individuals. I know there are 3600 cal in a pound of fat, and it takes so many calories to do a certain exercise at a certain intensity to move a certain amount of weight (either your own or a mechanical resistance). However, some peoples metabolism just isn't as boosted as someone elses.

I work out minimum 5 times a week, it's usually 8 or 9 times a week I'll have a work out. Running, crossfit (love it!), weighted marches, lifting weights, and sports such as hockey, ball hockey, motocross etc. It's a very broad spectrum and I like that as it keeps it interesting and will put me as a more rounded athlete, not just a lifter and not just a runner.
    My issue is my diet... Fast food specifically. I'm constantly on the road so it's handy. When I go back home the house is packed with bad food (can see where I get my habbits when I go back there).
    I haven't bought cookies or chips or anything like that in about 2 years when I go grocery shopping so I can't just easily grab that bag when I get the munchies at 9pm.
    Just finished my first week of no fast food. My diet is a healthy cereal, some yogurt, tuna, chicken, whole weat bread, fruits and veggies. Generally I feel good, my GI feels normal, I have more energy when I'm working out. However, I'm REALLY craving a pizza and garlic cheesy bread at the moment lol.

For the guy going on the really drastic plan... That sounds really difficult to manage, especially if you're going directly to that plan from a not so great lifestyle. That is A LOT of working out, you really should give yourself a bit of time for your body to re-build, and that diet will really, really suck. I would assume that right now with what I'm eating I'm at just under 2000 a day and that is barely enough with my activity level. With taking in that few calories, you just won't be able to work out as hard as you would like.
    Not trying to be discouraging, but when you set the goals too high and you don't reach them, some people just give up totally.
    The goal is to be healthy, not to damage yourself to look good. I might be a bit heavy (30 lbs or so but it's hard to tell with my body structure) but I feel healthy and that is what is important to me. I'm able to go for a 10km run whenever I feel it and perform at a fairly good level with my sports so I'm happy... I'm just improving on that now for my racing performance. Plus, wouldn't mind it when I get changed at the track to have the girls checking me out lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rmemedic View Post
    The horrible thing about all this math, is some people are individuals. I know there are 3600 cal in a pound of fat, and it takes so many calories to do a certain exercise at a certain intensity to move a certain amount of weight (either your own or a mechanical resistance). However, some peoples metabolism just isn't as boosted as someone elses.

I work out minimum 5 times a week, it's usually 8 or 9 times a week I'll have a work out. Running, crossfit (love it!), weighted marches, lifting weights, and sports such as hockey, ball hockey, motocross etc. It's a very broad spectrum and I like that as it keeps it interesting and will put me as a more rounded athlete, not just a lifter and not just a runner.
    My issue is my diet... Fast food specifically. I'm constantly on the road so it's handy. When I go back home the house is packed with bad food (can see where I get my habbits when I go back there).
    I haven't bought cookies or chips or anything like that in about 2 years when I go grocery shopping so I can't just easily grab that bag when I get the munchies at 9pm.
    Just finished my first week of no fast food. My diet is a healthy cereal, some yogurt, tuna, chicken, whole weat bread, fruits and veggies. Generally I feel good, my GI feels normal, I have more energy when I'm working out. However, I'm REALLY craving a pizza and garlic cheesy bread at the moment lol.

For the guy going on the really drastic plan... That sounds really difficult to manage, especially if you're going directly to that plan from a not so great lifestyle. That is A LOT of working out, you really should give yourself a bit of time for your body to re-build, and that diet will really, really suck. I would assume that right now with what I'm eating I'm at just under 2000 a day and that is barely enough with my activity level. With taking in that few calories, you just won't be able to work out as hard as you would like.
    Not trying to be discouraging, but when you set the goals too high and you don't reach them, some people just give up totally.
    The goal is to be healthy, not to damage yourself to look good. I might be a bit heavy (30 lbs or so but it's hard to tell with my body structure) but I feel healthy and that is what is important to me. I'm able to go for a 10km run whenever I feel it and perform at a fairly good level with my sports so I'm happy... I'm just improving on that now for my racing performance. Plus, wouldn't mind it when I get changed at the track to have the girls checking me out lol.
    Very good point my friend. I started this thread wondering how many riders were also physically active and into fitness.. Was really interesting to hear everyones opinions, routines, etc.. Now a little about me.

Train 5 to 7 times a week.
    148 lbs
    4.3 % bodyfat.
    5'6
    Change my workout routines every few months. There is no "ONE" way to train. I range from really heavy weight lifting to low weight high reps.. I can sit here and say 1000 different techniques I do.. But it comes down to 1 thing.

Do not spend too much time in the gym. 45 min is all you need. However, do not try to take more then 1 minute breaks between sets.

I wasn't planning on putting any pictures up of myself on this site and have created this thread a while ago, but here it goes anyways. A pic from my last show (yes I compete) I still have self improving to do... But just like everyone and everything in life.

I'm glad to have read all the comments on this thread and want to tell everyone keep up the great work.

God bless

Taleb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk1302366000.458477.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Taleb View Post
    Very good point my friend. I started this thread wondering how many riders were also physically active and into fitness.. Was really interesting to hear everyones opinions, routines, etc.. Now a little about me.

Train 5 to 7 times a week.
    148 lbs
    4.3 % bodyfat.
    5'6
    Change my workout routines every few months. There is no "ONE" way to train. I range from really heavy weight lifting to low weight high reps.. I can sit here and say 1000 different techniques I do.. But it comes down to 1 thing.

Do not spend too much time in the gym. 45 min is all you need. However, do not try to take more then 1 minute breaks between sets.

I wasn't planning on putting any pictures up of myself on this site and have created this thread a while ago, but here it goes anyways. A pic from my last show (yes I compete) I still have self improving to do... But just like everyone and everything in life.

I'm glad to have read all the comments on this thread and want to tell everyone keep up the great work.

God bless

Taleb
    You did the Fitness Star in Sauga. I know Jess who placed 2nd in Bikini at that show....she's a trainer at my gym. And Lara who placed 1st in Figure I think. Was gonna go to that show but my friend from NYC was in town that weekend and I spent about 90% of that weekend TRASHED. Plus, I have a STRONG dislike for that organization and some of the people involved in it (not going to go into detail).

I've seen the pics from that show. You were the ONLY guy in those pics that was actually in contest shape IMHO. Every other guy looked like he had too high a bf to be on stage IMHO. Props to you. Maybe that's the standard for the whole "fitness model" category....I dunno, but you looked good, I'm guessing you won from looking at the other guys.

So far I've only done one show with the IDFA back in May 2010. Will be doing a couple more in July. Possibly expanding to other organizations but staying natty (and no Fitness Star lol).
    Last edited by Roasted; 04-29-2011 at 03:55 PM.
    Current: 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
    Past: 2005 Ducati S2R 800 Dark

1 more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk1302366226.466171.jpg  

See, there is a good example. I'm 5'7" but for me to have that deffinition and muscle mass, I would be closer to 160-170ish with the frame I have.
    Another friend is 5'6" and is fairly close to where you are and is also 165 I believe. Me at 150 would be skin and bones.
    The BMI is a joke, and I don't know how any physician can follow it but some still do.
    Everyone is different, and people need to understand we all won't be identical even if we tried to be. With the media the way it is, it is really effecting the view people have on the way we should look.

I hear ya.. Yes, everyone is diff.. Also remember.. The less bf you have the bigger you look.

Where the sun don't shine (Toronto, you nasty)

Thanks for the advice, guys. I just took the overhead tricep extensions out altogether and just started doing them lying down + doing skullcrushers instead.

My other question is that I'm trying to slim my face down (and cardio is one of the best ways to do this as it's usually where you lose fat first). My problem is that I'm actually trying to put on weight/size, but I want to tone my face down a bit. I'm a slim dude, and until a couple of months ago, I stopped doing cardio for years because I wanted to put on some weight.

I'm wondering if doing high-intensity cardio for 15 minutes (ie sprinting for 15 minutes) would be better than medium-intensity for 30 minutes and how much is too much?

I wish I had the problem of needing to put weight on.
    I have a fair deal of muscle mass, and amongst the "athletes" at work, able to hit the "exempt" levels for our physical testing, Active all the time, at least 5 work outs a week, typically 8 or so and have been doing a proper diet, still minimal fat loss... Pretty discouraging!

You did the Fitness Star in Sauga. I know Jess who placed 2nd in Bikini at that show....she's a trainer at my gym. And Lara who placed 1st in Figure I think. Was gonna go to that show but my friend from NYC was in town that weekend and I spent about 90% of that weekend TRASHED. Plus, I have a STRONG dislike for that organization and some of the people involved in it (not going to go into detail).

I've seen the pics from that show. You were the ONLY guy in those pics that was actually in contest shape IMHO. Every other guy looked like he had too high a bf to be on stage IMHO. Props to you. Maybe that's the standard for the whole "fitness model" category....I dunno, but you looked good, I'm guessing you won from looking at the other guys.

So far I've only done one show with the IDFA back in May 2010. Will be doing a couple more in July. Possibly expanding to other organizations but staying natty (and no Fitness Star lol).
    Small world.. Yes I know exactly and remember the people your speaking of.. However Laralove I believe is who u were speaking of competed 2 shows ago for fitness star.. The march 19 show she was one of the judges.

Thanks for the compliments brother .. And I know exactly what you mean.. Yea, not everyone there was "competition" stage ready unfortunately.. Incredible how small of a world it is show... I'm doing chin picnic in a couple of weeks and 95% sure WBFF in july.. I would love to hear ur take on fitness (reasons) on another day... I always say knowledge is power and if it's something I can learn and watch out for through someone else's experience, then it keeps my eyes open. Anyhow, thanks again for the compliments and I'm pretty sure I'll c u on stage or riding soon.

Taleb