Factory Shock Rebuild option - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Factory Shock Rebuild option

Banned

Re: Factory Shock Rebuild option

IC. I was waiting on a "sub $500" shock setup for my weight and such. Found a almost new one, set up for a gen 1 SV. Same weight rider. Same riding style. My GSXR shock was getting sloppy. so i went for it. Only did a month on it in the fall. Pretty noticible increase in feel and predictibility. Have not had it touched by a pro yet. Was thinking of making a stop at RC in the spring and have Ryan take a look/make suggestions. Only for road now, but planning on this bike being a track machine next year.

Food for thought. Thanks.

d

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    some have had success with them, but I personally know a lot of Canadian and Americans that have gone the elka route and ended up spending significantly more than an Ohlins setup would cost by the time they got it right.

Many have simply abandoned them and gone back to Ohlins.

I've spent time on a few bikes with Elka parts and found them pretty difficult to sort out, but that's just a personal observation

try this link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-01...Q5fAccessories worked great for me last year....

I also replace the factory rebound and compression shim stacks with a updated shim stacks that will give you a greater range of adjustment and more dampening to improve overall handling. I also replace the old shaft seal and dust wiper add new oil and completely bleed the system and installed new nitrogen.
    Good thing he didn't decide to teach english for a living....
    Driving a cage is to have sanity forced upon you.

when you guys get these out of country builds done, who do you call or ask for help when you're at the track?

who services the stuff at the track when something needs to be changed? who does the mid-season service?

Will these guys send you a spare shock to test 2 different setups back to back??

I'm just curious as it seems like this wouldn't really be possible via a mail order type situation.

I know how much having them at the track, watching what's going on, looking at tires and what the bikes are actually doing while I'm on them makes a HUGE difference, a good portion of the time a change in riding technique will solve a problem more than clicking any suspension settings will, this kind of feedback from your suspension builder/tuner is more valuable than ANY deal you can get.

just some food for thought when you go shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    when you guys get these out of country builds done, who do you call or ask for help when you're at the track?

who services the stuff at the track when something needs to be changed? who does the mid-season service?

Will these guys send you a spare shock to test 2 different setups back to back??

I'm just curious as it seems like this wouldn't really be possible via a mail order type situation.

I know how much having them at the track, watching what's going on, looking at tires and what the bikes are actually doing while I'm on them makes a HUGE difference, a good portion of the time a change in riding technique will solve a problem more than clicking any suspension settings will, this kind of feedback from your suspension builder/tuner is more valuable than ANY deal you can get.

just some food for thought when you go shopping.
    .......... I think your wrong (besides, the people have spoken).......... Cheaper is ALWAYS better ......... ( BTW, this is my Fav....) BG