Gopro HD editing? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gopro HD editing?

Re: Gopro HD editing?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Ok what is the easiest way to just cut clips, to post on youtube or facebook? No editing just cut out little clips from 1hr long sessions, so I can put them up....Something I either have or can download easily would be good...Windows movie maker?

Thanks
    I haven't used windows Movie Maker in a long time -- but it should work as an easy method for cutting (trimming) your footage - Drop your 1hr clip into Movie Maker..... put it to "story board" mode -- at the top, there is button says "clip" use that to set your "trim start" and "trim end" points --

Quote Originally Posted by FZ1Oakville View Post
    I haven't used windows Movie Maker in a long time -- but it should work as an easy method for cutting (trimming) your footage - Drop your 1hr clip into Movie Maker..... put it to "story board" mode -- at the top, there is button says "clip" use that to set your "trim start" and "trim end" points --
    My Gopro files are MPEG-4 files, and when I try to open them in Movie Maker it says .MP4 is not a supported file type

What do I need?

Just off topic question here, I'm thinking of getting the Hero HD, would I be able use the unit with XP? The website says Vista and 7 only just wondering, thanks!!
    Past : 06 Virago 250; 85 GSX 750; 93 GSX-R 750; 83 Nighthawk 450
    Current project : 80 CM400

Live for what you'll die for.

"Virtual Dub" (www.virtualdub.com) is freeware that opens mpeg4 -(and u can trim the 4hrs into individual clips)
    (although I haven't used virtual dub in a long time - I know it will do it...also "ImTOO" Video Editor will do that (Im Too has a ton of products....too many to list...you want the "Video editor" -
    As mentioned before -- I use Sony Vegas (HD Platinum) which can easily do the trim/splicing also
    --- if setting up your PC is driving you nutz - get a hold of me and I will come by and set you up - so that you can do the trimming/splicing on your own ...

I also have a ton of codecs / and software - for triming --

My Gopro files are MPEG-4 files, and when I try to open them in Movie Maker it says .MP4 is not a supported file type

What do I need?
    MPEG Streamclip:
    http://www.squared5.com/

Tutorial on simple trimming and joining:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0WD97Gq8FU

A little more detail:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q13nSYv4DGE
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon
    N3WMAN is my ride
    2006 ZX-6R PART OUT

For MAC bro, nothing will beat Final Cut pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinster81 View Post
    Just off topic question here, I'm thinking of getting the Hero HD, would I be able use the unit with XP? The website says Vista and 7 only just wondering, thanks!!
    I have XP right now and I can watch my Gopro HD videos, using either Quicktime or VLC player that I have downloaded. I can not however get Windows movie Maker to accept the files, so from what everyone is saying I would have to use some other software to convert them first. On the other hand my friend with Windows 7 says Movie Maker on his computer will accept them just as they are. So seems like it is possible on XP but requires a little more work to convert the files...

Thanks to Moreno636 I waited a little, and the new Macbook Pros were released today...So I just ordered one online, got me a 15" 2.2 GHz quad core I7 on the way. With your guys help I hope to figure this all out soon, and start pushing out my own clips. Thanks for the info and reccomendations so far guys...

I need a good price on Final cut and Windows! Let me know if you guys have any suggestions

I need a good price on Final cut and Windows! Let me know if you guys have any suggestions
    If your not doing a business and charging for editing the best price on software is usually student pricing at places like studica.ca. Just find a friend or someones little brother or sister with a student card to a college and then get the student version for a fraction of the cost.

I am envious of the thunderbolt port on your new MBP. Nice piece of tech that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jag_V4Ape View Post
    For MAC bro, nothing will beat Final Cut pro.
    Avid Media Composer is far superior to edit with but has a little steeper learning curve. I've gone back to working in FCP on a few projects and find it completely backwards to how things should be done. Of course I have been editing with Avid for over 13 years now in various forms so I'm used to that one workflow.

Another piece of editing software that has come a long way from the first time I touched it in 1998 is Adobe Premiere. If you ever intend to do effects stuff with rough cutting the integration of After Effects and Premiere eliminate a lot of headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by AdRath View Post
    If your not doing a business and charging for editing the best price on software is usually student pricing at places like studica.ca. Just find a friend or someones little brother or sister with a student card to a college and then get the student version for a fraction of the cost.

I am envious of the thunderbolt port on your new MBP. Nice piece of tech that one.
    My sister is a teacher, could she get any discounts on software? I was going to get her to get me the teacher discount from Apple on the MBP for me, but I just got my company to pay for it instead.

I didnt really know anything about the thunderbolt port untill Moreno636 told me about it this morning, but I hate USB right now because my current computer never works when I plug stuff into them...I always have problems with the drivers and them not working. For example I have to plug and unplug my Iphone about 5-6 times before it actually charges. I get errors the first few times before it recognizes it....Same with my SD card reader, every morning I have to unplug it and plug it back in for the computer to recognize it...

Crap. I bought a new MBP in December before Thunderbolt. I needed one bad though, I couldn't have waited if I had known anyhow.
    "Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines."
    General "Buck" Turgidson, (George C. Scott)
    Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

2007 R1200GS with an identity crisis.

My sister is a teacher, could she get any discounts on software? I was going to get her to get me the teacher discount from Apple on the MBP for me, but I just got my company to pay for it instead.
    Yep teachers qualify for education pricing. The only site I have used in the past to order is Studica.ca but I'm sure there are others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchard View Post
    Crap. I bought a new MBP in December before Thunderbolt. I needed one bad though, I couldn't have waited if I had known anyhow.
    Not a big deal as it will be a little while before a lot of accessories use the new port. I think its fantastic that it uses the display port so all current adapters still work just fine. I can't wait till hubs that have USB2, USB3, FW800, Esata, Display port etc all on them will be available.

I think you can trade it in for a new one, not sure what kind of costs there are to do this.

Just got it this morning via Fedex, and my magic mouse just arrived UPS...Loving this thing so far! Setting up internet on PC used to drive me crazy...I just setup internet on this thing via Iphone bluetooh tethering in 5 min, it was so easy Im still amazed..LOL

Now I have to buy a copy of Windows 7 and Final Cut Express

If exporting to wmv is important to you, I don't think FCP will do it.

When rendering HD video you want to use very fast hardware. For example I have a 40 minute greenscreen video that takes 17 hours to render on my 8 gig, i7, Mac Book Pro and 6 hours on my i7 desktop.
    V4s growl, inlines whine.

Wish me luck guys, Im going to try putting together my first video tonight using Imovie. I actually did a pretty good job actually takin GP/HD video this weekend in Jamaica. And got some really cool street and lot footage riding with the Rush Riders in Montego Bay. As well as alot of first person wheelies on the street with the GP on my helmet..

I can tell already this is going to be much easier then on my PC, the MBP lets me watch clips right off the SD card without even having to DL them into the hard drive, which I could not do on my PC.

Yes you should be able to trade it for a new one. A couple of years back I bought a macbook white and an iPod touch from Apple, 2 month later they released their aluminum macbook and new iPod touch with a built in speaker. I phoned them and complained that I felt cheated out of my money. With additional $250 from me, they took Macbook white back and gave me new aluminum machine. Apple truly does stand for customer satisfaction from my experience and if you are not happy call them and hold your grounds. Good luck!

JohnnyP636:
    I recommend getting a Handbrake for your mac. Its a GPL (Free) lightweight software to transcode video to various formats. Program is fast and easy to use.

Cheers
    Last edited by yurko; 03-09-2011 at 06:53 PM.

This isnt so bad, got off to a really slow start last night, using the touch pad on the MBP is too tricky for me I really need to use a mouse for this. Now that Im sitting at a desk with a mouse its going pretty fast, I have almost 5min of vid setup. Just added some intro and text, and just have to add some transitions and music. Then Im ready to post my first ever video!

I only have one question.....How can I get music from the internet into Imovie? Something off Youtube?

This isnt so bad, got off to a really slow start last night, using the touch pad on the MBP is too tricky for me I really need to use a mouse for this. Now that Im sitting at a desk with a mouse its going pretty fast, I have almost 5min of vid setup. Just added some intro and text, and just have to add some transitions and music. Then Im ready to post my first ever video!

I only have one question.....How can I get music from the internet into Imovie? Something off Youtube?
    I use http://www.youtube-mp3.org/ to save music off of youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by KL636 View Post
    I use http://www.youtube-mp3.org/ to save music off of youtube.
    Im using audio hi jack pro

Without getting a new Mac laptop, Windws Movie Maker should do that just fine.
    Ewwwww Im sorry but windows movie maker is just gross to work with. Its fine you just want to cut and paste things together, the GUI just bothers me alot.

If your going to stick with PC try Adobe Premiere if make Final Cut Pro HD if you can afford it.