Google earth your stunt spot

Thread: Google earth your stunt spot

Google earth your stunt spot

Flying out to JA on Friday to get some riding in, and thought this was really cool. You can actually zoom in and see the stunt spot in Kingston Jamaica. Its a parking lot for a Go-cart racing track, with super nice pavement, and totally surrounded by the ocean on 3 sides...

Ok I dont actually expect anyone else to post their local stunt spots...

Re: Google earth your stunt spot

Most wouldn't want for their stunt spots to be discovered either by the popo or by other riders calling for popo's attention.. See if you can hire a cat-skinner down there to set up a little dirt course, make it a propper SM track
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Oh I know that, but you can just zoom into your spot, and show your spot without really showing where it is....Look at the picture, it says jamiaca at the top, but other then that how would you know where it is?

PS I dont mind if other riders or even popo show up this weekend....As long as they bring some people with breats ...The lot commandments are in full effect...
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 02-03-2011 at 10:42 AM.

You'd be surprised with someone with a bit of training in remote sensing can come up with. In case of this particular spot, it's cool as it's in another country and for a public event, but private spots are better kept private
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    You'd be surprised with someone with a bit of training in remote sensing can come up with. In case of this particular spot, it's cool as it's in another country and for a public event, but private spots are better kept private
    Trust me you dont have to tell me that, been playing the lot game for years now..I know how hard it is to find a spot, and keep it...

This is just to rub it in to some of my friends that arent coming, and check this section....STUPIDS!
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 02-03-2011 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Trust me you dont have to tell me that, been playing the lot game for years now..I know how hard it is to find a spot, and keep it...

This is just to rub it in to some of my friends that arent coming, and check this section....STUPIDS!
    Take the GOPRO this time!! We need some REAL stunt videos up in this!!
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno636 View Post
    Take the GOPRO this time!! We need some REAL stunt videos up in this!!
    We have like 4 of them over there, taken footage isnt a problem. Actually doing something with it afterwards is...LOL So Im not going to rely on other people anymore, and want to start editing myself...I posted another thread asking about it...

I have 4 hours of footage from last time, mostly just street riding. And Id love to put some up, the lane splitting haters on this site would have a conniption fit! lol

I also have to use a different mounting location, had the camera on my bike mounted in the ram air duct...And half the video is sky and sun
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 02-03-2011 at 11:05 AM.

have a good trip johnny the spot looks badas s, im so jaleous cant wait for nice weather
    take more pics this time

attach the gopro on your rear swingarm...down by the rear spool facing forward......KILLER view
    I ride hard & fast on street and track.....get the right advice @ Riders Choice .......I dive deep with The Dive Academy in Oakville.....come dive with us

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Flying out to JA on Friday to get some riding in, and thought this was really cool. You can actually zoom in and see the stunt spot in Kingston Jamaica. Its a parking lot for a Go-cart racing track, with super nice pavement, and totally surrounded by the ocean on 3 sides...

Ok I dont actually expect anyone else to post their local stunt spots...
    This is exactly how I found a couple locations to use out my way... it's a great way to discover new places for stunting or just riding.

To Johnny: Enjoy man, represent like always and bring us all back some footage to help us get through the winter.

Had a wicked weekend of riding, but didnt make it out to the Kingston spot and didnt take out the camera for a second...LOL I know I know again? but I have a good excuse, I spent a good portion of my trip wrenching on my bike. Had to swap a subframe when I got there and tighten up some loose ends on the bike...Then Sat night I blew my engine.. I swear either someone stole my engine oil right out of my bike, or Honda oil evaporates if you dont ride your bike for 3 weeks...Either way no oil + coasters doesnt last very long...Thank god I know this **** happens to me, and I already had another engine. 4 hours later I was doing coasters again, but with oil this time

Im not sure but Im hoping Jackson got something......Anything! on video....LOL If not its cool Im going back on March 4th and dont plan on working on my bike this time....

Quote Originally Posted by GSXMAER View Post
    attach the gopro on your rear swingarm...down by the rear spool facing forward......KILLER view
    Yeah I did that on the track at Cayuga with the suction cup, and I really did like that view....Anything beats the front of the bike like I did last time, so boring after 5 min no matter what your doing...

Glad you're havin' a blast out there.. Gonna have to look into finding an excuse to come and watch next year.