Most Comfortable SuperSport 600 for taller riders? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most Comfortable SuperSport 600 for taller riders?

Re: Most Comfortable SuperSport 600 for taller riders?

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Steve View Post
    Cool!
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

I'm 6'4" tall with a 2010 Kawasaki ZX-6r. Fits me fine. I spend all day on the bike without issue.

what this post boils down to is personal preference. people obviously have differing opinions, so try a bike that suits YOU, OP.

^^^^^^^ what he said.

people are different shapes. tall short, fat slim, some have longer legs, others ahve larger torso. just go around and sit on all of the ss bikes youre interested in. performance-wise, they will all offer more than you;ll ever need. they all have lots of nice pretty colours to choose from. but they are all shaped differently, some are slimmer, some are beefier, some have a more narrow seat, some wider. tank higher up, farther forward, etc. so just go around sit on all of them, and find the one that seems best to you.

last time i did my research was a couple years back, 2008ish, and the r6 had the highest seat height, the gsxr had hte lowest, the others were in between. but the difference from highest to lowest was ~2". i ended up on an r6, it was most comfortable for me, but it was by no means comfortable.
    2008 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2009 Triumph Street Triple
    2007 Yamaha YZF-R6
    2004 Yamaha YZ-125
    2002 Yamaha TTR-225
    2001 Yamaha TTR-125L

While you are searching for the perfect fit, keep in mind there are some things you can update or adjust with a little bit of time and patience. Seat, handle bar risers, hand and foot control positions. Some folks jump on and don't change a thing and don't realize they can make a minor adjustment to some of these things and make huge gains in comfort.

Just something to keep in mind is all. Good luck and happy hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedagogue View Post
    Hello all, I do know that a super sport will not be as comfortable as a sport tourer. However, I'll be looking to buy a 600 at the end of the year (not my first bike). I am 6ft tall and about 205lbs. My question is for guys who are six feet and taller, which super sport seems to be the most comfortable? I am looking to hear from guys who have owned or ridden more than one. I was at the bike show in December and to me the CBR 600rr seemed to be the most comfortable. The salesman told me out of all of the supersports (zx6r, R6, gxr, etc) that the CBR 600rr had the highest handlebars and was the most comfortable for taller riders. I've looked for stats on handlebar positioning/height and was unsuccessful. Just would like opinions on comfort.
    Here is some ergonomic data, from here; http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/pe...ata/index.html

The numbers indicate in order, distance from seat to bar/distance from seat to peg/effective handlebar rise

2006 CBR600 27.7/17.2/1.4
    2006 ZX-6R 28.3/17.1/1.1
    2006 GSX-R 600 29.3/17.1/1.7
    2006 YZF-R6 27.9/17.1/2.5

But IMO all the feedback and data in the world won't help tell you anything about how a bike will feel after an hour or two in the saddle. Try each one out as much as you can and make your pick, then hope for the best.
    There is no planet B.

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    The numbers indicate in order, distance from seat to bar/distance from seat to peg/effective handlebar rise

2006 ZX-6R 28.3/17.1/1.1
    Thanks these numbers confirm what I already suspected.....I think the first number is what kills the CBR for me and I always felt like the distance to the handlebar was too little, making you feel like you're more FORWARD and over the handlebars which made the position feel very cramped and uncomfortable to me. The GSXR, despite the low seat height feels comfortable because you're more stretched out on the bike. I suspect the Daytona spects would be closest to the Kawi (not quite GSXR but in that direction) which is why I always scratch my head when people describe the Daytona sitting position as "too aggressive" compared to the Jap bikes.

Either way though, I agree that it's all very individual depending on your body shape (longer legs, arms, etc.).
    Current: 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
    Past: 2005 Ducati S2R 800 Dark

I'm 6'4" and 185lbs. My '04 GSXR1000 fits best by far. My '01 R6 was tiny and uncomfortable, My '02 F4i was comfortable, but too upright.

I'm currently looking at the 1198 or RC8, but those are litre bikes. New 600's, I couldn't find anything... at least from the bikes I've sat on recently.

6'4 - 185lbs That's pretty skinny.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimbambito View Post
    6'4 - 185lbs That's pretty skinny.
    Compared to who?

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi_scri...ubmit_e=Submit
    There is no planet B.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimesf4i View Post
    I'm 6'4" and 185lbs. My '04 GSXR1000 fits best by far..
    there you go, gixxah thou ftmfw
    Driving a cage is to have sanity forced upon you.

How about muscle? BMI doesn't take that into account.

Here is some ergonomic data, from here; http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/pe...ata/index.html

2006 ZX-6R 28.3/17.1/1.1

But IMO all the feedback and data in the world won't help tell you anything about how a bike will feel after an hour or two in the saddle. Try each one out as much as you can and make your pick, then hope for the best.
    Thanks for posting this!

im 6'2

i really like my gxr.

the worst one was a ninja as my legs cramp as soon as im on it !