Newbie gear question - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newbie gear question

Re: Newbie gear question

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyFoe View Post
    i wont even get on my parents 200cc vespa without a full face. I wear gear for the crash, and i like my face sans major reconstructive surgery.
    Go to Italy where they make them and look around. You'll see that hardly anyone rides a Vespa without a full face. In fact, my observation of motorcyclists in general in Europe is that they pretty much all wear a full face or modular helmet, regardless of bike style. I think we put too much importance on achieving a certain look here.

Quote Originally Posted by rodmacpherson View Post
    Go to Italy where they make them and look around. You'll see that hardly anyone rides a Vespa without a full face. In fact, my observation of motorcyclists in general in Europe is that they pretty much all wear a full face or modular helmet, regardless of bike style. I think we put too much importance on achieving a certain look here.
    ? How long were you in Italy? Couple days? Couple weeks? And where in Italy was this? Maybe in super urban touristy cities. Having travelled from Venice to Sicily I have to disagree...

Quote Originally Posted by adri View Post
    ? How long were you in Italy? Couple days? Couple weeks? And where in Italy was this? Maybe in super urban touristy cities. Having travelled from Venice to Sicily I have to disagree...
    Admittedly, I was only in Rome/Vatican City which is super touristy, but my observations in France (all over) and Spain (Barcelona area) have been similar. People there don't seem to have a This helmet style for this bike style attitude that people here seem to. Admittedly, you will often see the modular helmets with the chin flipped up while riding, but no one seems to feel that just because you are riding a scooter or tour bike means you have to have a half helmet or you look silly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mikem View Post
    If you would have been wearing a beanie helmet that surgery probably wouldn't have been necessary. You'd probably be a RIP thread. BTW how are things these days, have they got everything working again?
    things are ok.
    im working part-time again.
    still have constant pain. taking meds a lot. daily nosebleeds still. oh well. life is decent, im riding again (dirt)