1 man vs. 40 men ... guess who won?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 man vs. 40 men ... guess who won?

1 man vs. 40 men ... guess who won?

Re: 1 man vs. 40 men ... guess who won?

Gurkha's are NUTS!!! I would never take on one of those guys. EVER

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Yeah, if you read their history these guys are to be feared

If he's ever in Toronto, he's gotta beer on me!
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Amazing, what a hero!!!
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

If you look at how their raised and culture behind military service, they're like modern day Spartans.

When you see a man like that, all you can do is tip your hat to him.. However, you get whiny coke-snorting brats shaking their ***** on TV have millions of worshipers while a true hero like Bishnu will be forgotten by most soon enough. That's one of the things that really grinds my gears.
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Yup, there is a reason the British assigned Prince Henry to serve with them.
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post
    Yeah, if you read their history these guys are to be feared
    Their uniform is nutty, though. But my theory is: the nuttier the uniform, the more badass the soldier haha. Those guys are not to be messed with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchard View Post
    Man, that's like two bucks worth of 50 cent words. I guess that Readers Digest subscription really paid off.
    '92 gixxer 750 - Jupiter

Stories of the Gurkha's exploits are all over the internet, but I recall first hearing about them back in the early 80's when I first joined the military. They are nasty, vicious bastards who you definitely want on your side in a bar fight, yep. One of my favourite stories about them supposedly hapened during WWII when a platoon of them were told they were to be dropped out of an airplane at night behind enemy lines. Their only concern, voiced by their Sergeant, was that they be dropped from a height of no more than 300 feet, as they felt that gave them the best chance of surviving the fall. Apparently, they had not been told they would be using parchutes because the British thought that point was a given!
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno636 View Post
    Yup, there is a reason the British assigned Prince Henry to serve with them.
    Who is Prince Henry?

Quote Originally Posted by vkhamphi View Post
    Who is Prince Henry?
    edit Prince Harry

300ft? nothing's that stupid, not even a cucumber.

The Gurkhas have a fearsome and well earned reputation and two incidents I heard of speak to that.

In WW2 they fought the Japanese and pulled a series of attacks that had the Japanese quivering in their socks. On several occassions they made their way into the barracks of sleeping troops and beheaded every second man. Most of the survivors suffered severe mental problems after that and the Gurkha's rep was sealed.

In the British-Argentinian Falklands war, the Argentine troops dropped their weapons and surrendered en masse when they saw even individual Gurkha troops coming with their Kukrhis out. The Gurkhas have a tradition that when the Kukhri is unsheathed it must taste the blood of the enemy.....I guess the Argies had heard that.

I had recently seen a documentary on the selection and training of these troops and as mentioned they come from tribes and families that have had several hundred years of military service. They train physically all their lives and only the best of the best are admitted. It is an extremely high honour for them to serve and they show this in their willingness to undertake any order no matter how hazardous. As mentioned, they are well regarded by all professional armies.

Great story, thanks for sharing.
    "Slowest beasts are always strongest and manage to live the longest"
    "If it's no Scottish.......it's crap!"
    "Ama lyin?"

1983 GS750E Black Booty
    1982 GS750 SZ Katana Wee Beastie II
    1983 GS550E Basket Case from Hell

Here's another recent article about a Gurkha incident. There's a small bit about the story I mentioned in there, too: Gurkha news article
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Gummiente View Post
    Here's another recent article about a Gurkha incident. There's a small bit about the story I mentioned in there, too: Gurkha news article

Nato forces are supposed to be winning 'hearts and minds' and bolstering the fledgling Afghan National Army. This incident, however, has apparently appalled Afghans on all sides, not least because it offends the Muslim tradition of burying the dead with all body parts, attached or unattached.

Is this a joke? Seriously? How many times have we seen these Taliban/Al Quieda savages beheading people, and now that the shoe is on the other foot people are upset? WTF?? This wasnt some innocent civilian, it was a wanted war lord...and the beheading was done out of necessity not pageantry the way they do it.

i guess they didn't like the article with the girl that got her nose cut off by one of their own, that's why they're whining...oh wait, hold, they attack their own and deface them, literally, but then whine when someone does it to them...ahahahaha...go ANA...what a joke...

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno636 View Post
    Is this a joke? Seriously? How many times have we seen these Taliban/Al Quieda savages beheading people, and now that the shoe is on the other foot people are upset? WTF??
    You really should know by now that they don't play by the same rules as a civilised society does.
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

I LOL'd at this one:
    The Indian Government also awarded him the bounty that was on the heads of this vicious gang, and granted him discounted airfare and train tickets for the rest of his life. I guess after hearing this guy's insane story they just decided to say, "**** those backscatter ultra-invasive x-ray machines, the best anti-terror homeland security measure our country can take is to make sure this guy is on as many flights and trains as possible."

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/shrestha.html
    I come from a region that doesn't have a shortage of badasses.. Even as a kid I met one guy who charged a Bulgarian machine-gun nest in high noon and blew the crew to pieces and another guy who walked into an Austro-Hungarian camp on his own and captured a platoon-sized detachment (wouldn't wanna play poker against him), but I gotta give credit where it's due.. Bishnu's definitely an asskickin' badass extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    That was a great read - thanks for the link.
    Better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.