Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
2nd season, 2nd bike.
Did one trackday in my ife, then went racing.
Been riding for 27 yrs without interruption. Since I was 9.
Oh I know how expensive racing is.....even though I am too slow to be competetive,LOL
After 30 years of racing and 12 years of coaching with and without slipper clutches I can tell you that they are the cats meow for improving ones riding and overcoming ones short comings.
My current coaching bike is a 01 GSXR1000 with a STM slipper clutch with the earlier design secondary spring 60 kg.
The overall stack measurement is critical and well worth buying a digital vernier tool to check the measurement each season.
As the stack wears, the feeling and benefits of the drag will become less & less and you will find yourself going deeper into the corner, using up more front brake and less engine brake.
Yes you can click down many gears before feeding the clutch out and get deeper into the corners with a stable approach, but when you dump the clutch at the last moment and start to lean into the corner be prepared for the thrill of a rear wheel slide which requires the correct throttle position and rev level. mmmmm! nice!
The clutch is easy to fit and you can fit it by the drawing alone. Just get the torque numbers done correctly.
Hope this helps.

Regards Gareth.
Owner of www.trackdayHub and Newracers.com