Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly..... - Page 12

Page 12 of 111 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.....

Re: Police State Canada 2010 and the G20 Summit

Quote Originally Posted by Duster929 View Post
    I for one don't think they're bad, and didn't say it. It's hard to testify against any organization that has the power and has shown the willingness to bring reprisals against you, making your life very difficult. I respect that, but it doesn't make it ok.

--- D
    It's the same in other lines of work too. That's the reality, and I also agree, it doesn't make it ok.
    Posting a spoof video and trotting it out as "they're all that way" and "this is what they think of their employers" is just inaccurate and baiting and pointless.
    soaked and upset

Quote Originally Posted by inreb View Post
    Posting a spoof video and trotting it out as "they're all that way"

Show me where I said that. Your lack of comprehension is not my problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    So it's ok for hooligan riders and drivers to endanger the lives of impaired drivers?
    Unfortunately, since we seldom put people in jail for traffic offences

The big thing being left out of this conversation is that in this "age of austerity", we (cdn taxpayers) have just subsidized a huge portion of new police tactical gear, surveillance equipment, crowd control devices, sound cannons, etc. Would we have ever forked over that much dough to the police without the g20 spectacle? not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMotoJacket View Post
    Show me where I said that. Your lack of comprehension is not my problem.
    I did a whole bunch of comprehending on that post. Still trying to see where you differentiate between good cops and bad cops, tho.
    soaked and upset

Still trying to see where you differentiate between good cops and bad cops, tho.
    dzzzzzt
    So it's ok for hooligan riders and drivers to endanger the lives of impaired drivers?

Doesn't leave you a lot of options, does it FMJ? Can't have it both ways. Either you include all the cops or just the bad ones in "this is what THEY think of their employers". I can see why you're speechless.
    soaked and upset

Is it all or nothing? Is my brother a bad person because he chooses his battles carefully? I'd like to see some of the clowns around here step into his shoes for awhile.
    By turning a blind eye to the problem it does make them part of the problem. No one likes a snitch though. No one is perfect and no one likes being caught doing wrong whether by malicious intent or not.

My work pays me to handle every case that comes across my desk, not just the easy ones, I'd love to pick my battles too.

Lets talk about picking battles. If you saw a child drowning and could have saved him but didn't because you were where you shouldn't be and would get in trouble for being there, would that make you a bad person?
    Last edited by CruisnGrrl; 12-30-2010 at 01:06 AM.
    x

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    By turning a blind eye to the problem it does make them part of the problem.
    That goes for every single person at the G20 demonstrations who stood idly by while punks trashed small businesses owned by decent hard-working people. I wouldn't expect them to confront the little bastards but by remaining they provided cover, which is exactly what those turds wanted.
    Anyone with half a brain would have left at the first broken window but they stayed to watch the spectacle and cheer them on and film them on cell phones and post it on YouTube, then whined about how they were execising their democratic rights? What about their democratic responsibilities?
    So where's the moral outrage and holier-than-thou attitude towards those people?
    Or would that be too inconvenient for the one-note song you like to sing about the cops?
    I wave to everybody. Just not you.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBiker View Post
    That goes for every single person at the G20 demonstrations who stood idly by while punks trashed small businesses owned by decent hard-working people. I wouldn't expect them to confront the little bastards but by remaining they provided cover, which is exactly what those turds wanted.
    Anyone with half a brain would have left at the first broken window but they stayed to watch the spectacle and cheer them on and film them on cell phones and post it on YouTube, then whined about how they were execising their democratic rights? What about their democratic responsibilities?
    So where's the moral outrage and holier-than-thou attitude towards those people?
    Or would that be too inconvenient for the one-note song you like to sing about the cops?
    perhaps citizens should expect that the people who are trained and paid to 'serve and protect' would have stepped in and protected the property of those "decent hard-working people"?

sounds like it might have been too inconvenient for the boys in blue to handle things on saturday when the black bloc criminals were busy rampaging the streets.

not to mention, nothing in your red herring post excuses the latent criminality and abuse of power that took place on sunday. in fact, there is nothing anyone can write that would excuse that behaviour.

to be honest, i doubt many would have a problem if the criminals in black from saturday had met the criminals in blue from sunday, and let things sort themselves out. . .but that didn't happen, did it?

Lets talk about picking battles.
    Ok let's. "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice but in practice there is." Yogi "Einstein" Berra
    soaked and upset

Banned

Doesn't leave you a lot of options, does it FMJ? Can't have it both ways. Either you include all the cops or just the bad ones in "this is what THEY think of their employers". I can see why you're speechless.
    Cant have it both ways? Being blamed of "non comprehension"....

Sounds familiar somehow.....

Quote Originally Posted by dankyyz View Post
    Cant have it both ways? Being blamed of "non comprehension"....

Sounds familiar somehow.....
    Do I need to spell it out for you? View the offending post #204 and see if you can't work it out. sheesh
    soaked and upset

Banned

Well put. People, in this country, preferr to critique the people they put in harms way, rather than try to enforce an atmosphere of intolerance for people trashing their city. Then they sit and "watch" it all unfurl, and blame the cops for how it went down.

Taking a stand against stuff like this is...well....just ..... kinda....... yucky.

There should be a "white block" party at such events. all dressed in white ninja attire. With pepper spray and asps. Defending their right to NOT have such crap go down in THEIR city.

Banned

Do I need to spell it out for you? View the offending post #204 and see if you can't work it out. sheesh
    But...i was....and then... it was... and then i was.....sigh....

But...i was....and then... it was... and then i was.....sigh....

That's 64 keystrokes that could have been put to productive use elsewhere. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMotoJacket View Post
    That's 64 keystrokes that could have been put to productive use elsewhere. Trust me.
    +1

I think I'll go to the bike show in the "fast" lane at 101kms/hr. Please count my strokes.
    soaked and upset

Banned
    Perfect.....

The anti-police attitude here always reminds of the old joke:

A motorcyclist is riding by the zoo when he sees a little girl leaning into the lion's cage.

Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the cuff of her jacket and tries to pull her
    inside to slaughter her, under the eyes of her screaming parents.

The rider jumps off his bike, runs to the cage and hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch.

Whimpering from the pain the lion jumps back letting go of the girl, and the rider brings her to her terrified parents, who thank him endlessly.

A reporter has watched the whole event. The reporter addressing the rider says, 'Sir, this was the most gallant and brave thing I've seen a man do in my whole life.'

The rider replies, 'Why, it was nothing, really, the lion was behind bars. I just saw this little kid in danger and acted as I felt right.'

The reporter says, 'Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm a journalist, and tomorrow's paper will have this story on the front page...
    So, what do you do for a living?'

The rider replies, 'I'm a cop.'
    The journalist leaves.

The following morning the rider buys the paper to see news of his actions, and reads, on the front page:

POLIC OFFICER ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT AND STEALS HIS LUNCH

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk

Banned
    Ding.. Ding... Ding... Post of the year. Perfectly said...

Well put. People, in this country, preferr to critique the people they put in harms way, rather than try to enforce an atmosphere of intolerance for people trashing their city. Then they sit and "watch" it all unfurl, and blame the cops for how it went down.

Taking a stand against stuff like this is...well....just ..... kinda....... yucky.

There should be a "white block" party at such events. all dressed in white ninja attire. With pepper spray and asps. Defending their right to NOT have such crap go down in THEIR city.
    Last time i checked we did not conscript police, they volunteered to do the job and there is a long waiting list to get in. If some one is incapable of doing the job usually they are replaced with some one that (hopefully) is.

Now while I don't believe all cops are bad (I was rephrasing what Shaman was saying), but I believe they should be held to the same black and white standards they hold their employers (us) to. Especially when the police have been known to use agent provocateur posing as black bloc members to incite violence (maybe thats why the police did nothing to stop the black bloc because they would be acting against members of their own).

What you suggest with this white bloc is vigilantism and also illegal (the government and the police do not want the citizens doing the police's job).

As for democratic responsibility their are only three democratic responsibilities I can think of. To respect the rights and freedoms of others, To obey Canada's laws, To participate in the democratic process (vote). Now nowhere in our laws does it say that if a citizen witnesses a property crime in progress (whether it be vandalism, theft or the like) that we can as citizens step in and stop the incident, stepping in and taking the law into our own hands is against the law, (as that one Kensington shop keeper found out), however when it comes to assault of one's or another's person we can fight back with enough force to stop the attack and that is it.

Knowing about a crime and not reporting it can be considered aiding and abetting which brings us back to police officers knowingly looking the other way when one of their own commits a crime. This is where a lot of people have problems with the police force's recent behaviour.
    x

Banned
    You do have the fundamental right to protect your property.... Knowing about a crime and not reporting it is not aiding and abetting.. You are Not required to report a crime... The protesters got what they deserved, in spades... Once again everyone turns a blind eye to the violence perpetuated by ALL the protesters. That shop owner had his charges dried now didn't he?

Last time i checked we did not conscript police, they volunteered to do the job and there is a long waiting list to get in. If some one is incapable of doing the job usually they are replaced with some one that (hopefully) is.

Now while I don't believe all cops are bad (I was rephrasing what Shaman was saying), but I believe they should be held to the same black and white standards they hold their employers (us) to. Especially when the police have been known to use agent provocateur posing as black bloc members to incite violence (maybe thats why the police did nothing to stop the black bloc because they would be acting against members of their own).

What you suggest with this white bloc is vigilantism and also illegal (the government and the police do not want the citizens doing the police's job).

As for democratic responsibility their are only three democratic responsibilities I can think of. To respect the rights and freedoms of others, To obey Canada's laws, To participate in the democratic process (vote). Now nowhere in our laws does it say that if a citizen witnesses a property crime in progress (whether it be vandalism, theft or the like) that we can as citizens step in and stop the incident, stepping in and taking the law into our own hands is against the law, (as that one Kensington shop keeper found out), however when it comes to assault of one's or another's person we can fight back with enough force to stop the attack and that is it.

Knowing about a crime and not reporting it can be considered aiding and abetting which brings us back to police officers knowingly looking the other way when one of their own commits a crime. This is where a lot of people have problems with the police force's recent behaviour.