Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly..... - Page 101

Page 101 of 111 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2211

Thread: Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.....

Re: Ottawa police officer charged with stunt driving

Quote Originally Posted by FullMotoJacket View Post
    Oh please. You hypothesized everything short of an alien abduction in your pathetic attempt to defend him.
    I'm not so sure, i think there was talk of aliens, we'll have to review it.
    But thanks for bringing up the idea, because i couldn't think of any defense he didn't use.
    Well actually, i did think of one, but it involved the unicorn that lives in the woods by the DVP.

hmmm....here's an interesting one

seems this young Toronto man is charged with assaulting the Police's fists with his face

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/03/26...ppened-to-ross

Quote Originally Posted by 82Seca750 View Post

seems this young Toronto man is charged with assaulting the Police's fists with his face

It certainly does sound bad, but remember that losing a fight doesn't indicate that you didn't start that fight.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Brutal...

I think the most telling thing is that 2 people in close proximity called the police. Its pretty obvious they didn't do a good job of announcing that they were police officers or forgot they were plain clothes.

Could you imagine if the guy was a gun owner and his wife shot the officers rather than call police thinking they were being attacked?

Although I guess more officers would be careful about identifying themselves properly before attacking someone.
    Last edited by AdRath; 03-27-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Maybe 'Ross' repeatedly kept falling and the officers were trying to assist him to his feet.
    Winners never quit, quitters never win, and those who don't try are just idiots

Someone needs to go around to his house and check the incline of his porch+sidewalk. That's a known area for sharp inclines, and it's probable that the perpetrator slid back into the officer's fists. Perhaps Brian is free this evening?
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    So it's ok for hooligan riders and drivers to endanger the lives of impaired drivers?
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    Unfortunately, since we seldom put people in jail for traffic offences

R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Maybe LEO's are putting a little too much faith in Facebook as the prefered choice for sloppy work...

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/ar...ook-photo?bn=1
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    well that sucks for the shop owner :/
    ~=Big Daddy of the Dope Dragons MC=~

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

I see Indiana is passing law that would allow citizens to shoot police officers if they feel they are entering their property illegaly. As much as I don't agree with that type of stand your ground laws it will make for some cautious law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Maybe LEO's are putting a little too much faith in Facebook as the prefered choice for sloppy work...

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/ar...ook-photo?bn=1
    Brutal. Again no recourse for the victim of terrible police work. There needs to be a way to get legal fees covered by police for lazy police work that costs citizens thousands.

In my business if my poor work costs another person I could be sued for damages. Why shouldn't it be the same for police? Take it out of the union accounts that are spent to defend crooked cops.

Quote Originally Posted by AdRath View Post
    Brutal. Again no recourse for the victim of terrible police work. There needs to be a way to get legal fees covered by police for lazy police work that costs citizens thousands.

In my business if my poor work costs another person I could be sued for damages. Why shouldn't it be the same for police? Take it out of the union accounts that are spent to defend crooked cops.
    Do you also believe that the guilty should cough up the cost of their conviction/imprisonment/investigation/legal fees?
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

I see Indiana is passing law that would allow citizens to shoot police officers if they feel they are entering their property illegaly. As much as I don't agree with that type of stand your ground laws it will make for some cautious law enforcement.
    There has been at least one case in Canada where a home owner shot at, and killed, police that were raiding his home. He was found innocent of the murder because of improper procedures...

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    Do you also believe that the guilty should cough up the cost of their conviction/imprisonment/investigation/legal fees?
    Those costs are borne by society as a whole not an individual citizen. If you would like to split this girls legal fees between the rest of Toronto, Ontario, Canada sure.

The point is poor police work ended up costing this women thousands of dollars. That shouldn't happen just because someone points to a bad profile picture and says 'They did it'. That isn't proper police work and as such there should be recourse for the costs she was FORCED to endure.

Those costs are borne by society as a whole not an individual citizen. If you would like to split this girls legal fees between the rest of Toronto, Ontario, Canada sure.

The point is poor police work ended up costing this women thousands of dollars. That shouldn't happen just because someone points to a bad profile picture and says 'They did it'. That isn't proper police work and as such there should be recourse for the costs she was FORCED to endure.
    I would also lay it at the feet of The Crown involved who didn't verify, to use a common turn of phrase we've heard, if there was a reasonable prospect of conviction. It was the case in the Michael Bryant case where, despite my dislike of the man and his politics, I agree with the result. There was even less in this case, and yet they went forward.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

then no, I don't agree with your one sided view of costs. talk about having your cake and eating it too. As a taxpayer, there is no way I am going to agree to pay for both guilty and the innocent.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

then no, I don't agree with your one sided view of costs. talk about having your cake and eating it too. As a taxpayer, there is no way I am going to agree to pay for both guilty and the innocent.
    You believe if you don't do your job properly there should be no legal recourse to recoup the costs imposed?

I know in my job if though my poor work I cause damage I can be sued by the parties I have wronged. Most jobs operate that way which is why most professionals have insurance. Why shouldn't police be held to the same standards?

What that officer did was nothing close to proper police work and as thus she should be responsible for the impact of her choices.

was I not clear the first time? No i don't believe in recouping costs from the crown for being innocent of criminal charges, the same way I don't believe the guilty should pay costs.

it is not comparable to commerical transactions. don't even bother.

Wow those undercover bitches really did damage to that mans face.

If cops EVER did that to me, they would be fired and sent to Alaska with a sweater and pack of matches.

was I not clear the first time? No i don't believe in recouping costs from the crown for being innocent of criminal charges, the same way I don't believe the guilty should pay costs.

it is not comparable to commerical transactions. don't even bother.
    No recoup from the crown. Re-coup from the individual or via the police union as I stated earlier.

Its ok for police to cost individuals thousands of dollars because of poor police work but heaven forbid a citizen costs an officer money to pay for their mistakes. Its an established practice in most industries to recoup costs if an individuals actions caused the loss of money. I don't see why Police should be the only ones protected.

If a lawyer does sloppy work on a contract or legal paperwork that costs his/her client money you better believe there would be a lawsuit and a justified one at that. Ineptness shouldn't go without punishment because you wear a badge.