Hydration Packs

Thread: Hydration Packs

Hydration Packs

I'm looking for a basic hydration pack.

Anyone have any suggestions?

So far I've seen one at Royal that was Fox and $69 which seemed half decent.

Re: Hydration Packs

I have the camelbak asymetrix 20 which I use on my bike (pedal and motorized), running, snowboarding etc. Lots of nice details and the construction is well above any other packs I have used before. Bite piece is easy to use and no odours. I got it at Winners for $40 (normally $70-80?). Like everything at Winners, its hit or miss whether you will find a given item though.

http://www.trailspace.com/gear/camelbak/asymetrix-20/

I have one from Costco...20 bucks...works great!

I know the thread link below is old...but I've seen them at Costco in the spring for the past two years...

http://www.klrworld.com/forums/index.php?topic=7526.0
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I have one from Costco...20 bucks...works great!

I know the thread link below is old...but I've seen them at Costco in the spring for the past two years...

http://www.klrworld.com/forums/index.php?topic=7526.0
    ive got the same one, lots of pockets, works great

Hmmm....I wanted it for a birthday at the end of February. Aw screw it, I'll buy him the suit instead and I'll wait for the Costco sale for a "just because" present.

Thanks people!

I have a 2L Camelbak I got from Europe Bound on sale for $29 a few years ago. Great for hiking and bicycling, quite useful for motorcycle riding in the summer.

I also have a backpack with built in 2L water reservoir. It's insulated so it keeps the water cool for a long time and doesn't get the wearer's back cold or sweaty. Great when you need to carry stuff other than water, like snacks on longer hikes. I think I got that one from Costco and since I don't remember the price it must have been quite cheap . It's pretty much the same as the one linked above, but has no waist strap.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

I'd stick with a camelback. I'm not typically a brand whore, but I had one overseas and never sprung a leak.
    It survived everything I threw at it, and I deffinately did NOT take it easy on it. It was in my med bag (backpack style) for part of the tour and that bag got tossed off of vehicles, people walking over it, all sorts of stuff.
    Rest of the tour it was in the back of my chest rig, so it was squished between a ballistic plate and a 30lb back pack, never popped the thing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rmemedic View Post
    I'd stick with a camelback. I'm not typically a brand whore, but I had one overseas and never sprung a leak.
    It survived everything I threw at it, and I deffinately did NOT take it easy on it. It was in my med bag (backpack style) for part of the tour and that bag got tossed off of vehicles, people walking over it, all sorts of stuff.
    Rest of the tour it was in the back of my chest rig, so it was squished between a ballistic plate and a 30lb back pack, never popped the thing.
    +1. I have busted up 2 or 3 of the bargain brand ones. The camelback wont die. The straps are all reinforced, and seams and such as well. The padding that goes against you back is really good at wicking sweat and such.

I am also not a brand whore of any kind. but is is a ruperious product to say the least.

I have had a few camelbaks through the years and some hydration packs from MEC. The camelbaks were/are far superior in every way. I gave the MEC packs away and stick with a MULE now.

I have the $20 costco one and it worked great. The best thing is if it gets damaged, $20 and I get a new one. I have used it for 3 years now with no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    I have a 2L Camelbak I got from Europe Bound on sale for $29 a few years ago. Great for hiking and bicycling, quite useful for motorcycle riding in the summer.

I also have a backpack with built in 2L water reservoir. It's insulated so it keeps the water cool for a long time and doesn't get the wearer's back cold or sweaty. Great when you need to carry stuff other than water, like snacks on longer hikes. I think I got that one from Costco and since I don't remember the price it must have been quite cheap . It's pretty much the same as the one linked above, but has no waist strap.
    They're on sale again. I bought one in December, and last time I was in the store they had more there. It's a basic inexpensive model, but I'm pretty happy with it.

Ride Reports and other drivel
    '08 Suzuki DR650E
    '04 Kawasaki KLR 685 (For Sale)
    '05 Honda VFR800a Interceptor (SOLD)

'01 Suzuki Bandit GSF600s (what the deer left of it)
    '94 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD)
    MC Instructor www.LearningCurves.ca