mail man showed up with my xmas present! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mail man showed up with my xmas present!

Re: mail man showed up with my xmas present!

Compared to the price of the kit they practically are free lol

Johnny it has to be a top mount caliper right so I can't use the nissin from f4i/929?
    And if I were to link them do I just run a long banjo bolt on one and split the line? That's insane breaking power no?
    Last edited by 2kgixx; 01-25-2011 at 12:29 PM.

hey 2k... i got 2 radial mount calipers from 07/08 gsxr 600 you can have for cheap if they will work for u...let me know...give me a shout if you want to pick them up...

Quote Originally Posted by 2kgixx View Post
    Johnny it has to be a top mount caliper right so I can't use the nissin from f4i/929?
    And if I were to link them do I just run a long banjo bolt on one and split the line? That's insane breaking power no?
    Has to be radial mount, so no F4i/929 wont work those are all the older axial mount style ....I have 636 calipers if you want them to match your front calipers...Or you can use any RADIAL mount caliper (04+ GSXR, 03+ Kawis, 05+ Honda CBR's, etc )

If you want to link them together yeah you use a double banjo on one, and run a short line to the other...I dont think that is what you want with a 13mm master...Most guys running that setup have a 16mm master or larger...The larger bore will match better with the larger calipers volume...A 13mm with 2 calipers would be really really squishy with alot of lever travel...

I have a set from the 04 I guess ill use that, is it a good caliper or should I get the gsxr one?

I have a set from the 04 I guess ill use that, is it a good caliper or should I get the gsxr one?
    Define good? IMO the difference between which raidal mount calipers you use is not going to be noticable...Id use what you have, other then that Id try to use the ones wiht the cheapest OEM pads...

I don't and it sucks big time. Propane heaters work good though
    Same deal here dude!
    Sick new parts. Stoked to ride with yah again this spring!
    Born 2 Ride

Well, it will be obvious from this question that I don't know the first damn thing about stunting... But just what is the benefit of such a setup? I assume that this is for having enough stopping power on the rear wheel when you're riding out a long 100mph+ wheelie, but aren't you better off just using enough brake to set the front end down and then braking with the front?

Forgive the obvious ignorance, but I am truly fascinated here.

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePeopleEater View Post
    Well, it will be obvious from this question that I don't know the first damn thing about stunting... But just what is the benefit of such a setup? I assume that this is for having enough stopping power on the rear wheel when you're riding out a long 100mph+ wheelie, but aren't you better off just using enough brake to set the front end down and then braking with the front?

Forgive the obvious ignorance, but I am truly fascinated here.
    Not at all about 100mph + stuff, this is more for slow stunts....The foot brake doesnt really need upgraded for slow or fast wheelies, its more about making our hand brakes more powerful and sensitive. As one of the lastest in slow technical stunting is using the clutch and hand brake at the same time for tricks like stalls and death spins. Where we only have the ability to work the hand brake with our one left middle finger on the master cylinder..1 finger! More power means less fatigue in your finger

Stuff like this, holding the bike in a wheelie AKA "stall" with your left index finger holding in the clutch, and only your left middle finger on the brake to hold the bike in that position

^holy stalls i havent seen that video before

That's really rad, thanks for the explanation and the link, and have fun with your shiny new toy!