Winter mods??? Whats on your list?? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter mods??? Whats on your list??

Re: Winter mods??? Whats on your list??

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    that seems like a pretty harsh statement...
    My bike was a disaster. I mean like if the legendary creature Chimera was a motorcycle, my bike was it.
    Hence the remark.

ahh gotcha
    1973 KAWASAKI S1 250 TRIPLE
    1991 GSXR 1100
    2011 bmw s1000RR

Is Hondaman32 that short, light guy, that rides a suzuki???? Not sure I know him......lmao

Ya ya bud I'm hearing u lol!!!!! And yes when u weight 140 pounds u go really fast, not like ( old )fat boy's!!!! lmfao!!! Short and light gets u in the 8's and alot of seat time or BIG MOD AND HP!!!!! But will be faster this year for sure!!!!!!!! Got to like this one!!!

Bud...that blue 14 still has mirrors on it and was ridden down from Kitchener...147 out the top end isn't bad for a so called "FAT GUY" on a stock bike...BUT just remember KARMA happens....At some point I will be going out on top waiting for you little guy!!!

Lol Well then, all that racing we do at the track pays off in the long run, means u have the right set up now and know how to ride it!!!! Tuning the bike will always be needed to be tuned with shock, hight to keep the bike down and strait, clutch setup's and weather and the list goes on and on!!!!
    U will always learn new thing about your bike and new setup's at diffent tracks!!! It's how to make the bike run the same numbers ever time!!
    This year u will see a big change in the setup, well what u got, all the right parts the first time.. so ya, your on the right path to ur goal.

I'm getting new:

- Pazzo shorty levers
    - Driven D3 grips
    - New Rotors
    - New Spark plugs
    - New Air filter
    - New Exhaust
    - New Steering stem ball bearings
    - Headlight
    - Front Fairing
    - Rear Fairings
    - Frame sliders
    - Rim Tape

This will complement my new brake lines and brake pads I got last summer.
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/strictlye/signature.jpg

Nice upgrades Strictlye....Hopefully we'll see you out at TMP (Dragstrip) this coming season....Without doubt you'll have a great time!

I would love to go the the Dragstip but I would be shy if people were watching me do runs for the first time. I like my bike pretty my stock engine wise so I wouldn't be impressing anyone. And suppose I get nervous and stall on the take off? lol. I would be soooo embarassed.
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/strictlye/signature.jpg

Trust me bud....lol....Everyone has had to do it there first time...My own boy who rides a 2006 636 took to the track last year for the first time(18yrs old last year)....he was shy,but after going down the strip for the first time the butterflies were gone...Feel free to come and ask us guys, that you might see as more seasoned for some tips...Would be more than glad to help you out...Friday nights are a great time to come out and learn... Hope to see you and your riding pals give it a shot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by strictlye View Post
    I would love to go the the Dragstip but I would be shy if people were watching me do runs for the first time. I like my bike pretty my stock engine wise so I wouldn't be impressing anyone. And suppose I get nervous and stall on the take off? lol. I would be soooo embarassed.
    Absolutely no worries at all. There are always regular street riders at the Friday night test-and-tunes and everyone starts somewhere. Last year I took my street bike down the strip for the first time ever with ZERO set-up for drag racing (and only because we got it for free when entering the SOAR weekend). Bring it out!

My mods are non-drag related, but I'm pretty excited nonetheless. Hyperflo exhaust system. Tripage led passenger pegs, tech spec snakeskin canister pads and some rim tape. Bike should look completely different!
    "They Say At 100MPH Water Feels Like Concrete, Just Imagine What Concrete Feels Like At 100mph" - Nicky Hayden

>< VC 01.

I am most excited to have air shift this year.
    Can't wait to hear the new exhaust too. Megaphone.
    Went with Macintosh swing arm as well.