Outrageous Insurance Hike.... Did nothing wrong. - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Outrageous Insurance Hike.... Did nothing wrong.

Re: Outrageous Insurance Hike.... Did nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    The appointed actuary must be in compliance with the rules set by the Actuarial Standards Board or they will be sued for malpractice. ASOP 20 and ASOP 43 deal with discounting.

http://www.expertinsurancewitness.co...alpractice.htm

"As a professional, an actuary's performance must confirm to certain standards of care or he will risk malpractice exposure. In essence, these standards of care are the same as those applicable to other professions - they require the actuary to use due care and diligence and to follow generally accepted actuarial principles"

This is no different than an engineer or accountant adhering to the rules set by their professional organizations.
    Might be a bit different, Can't recall people getting killed because of a bad accounting job?

I also just got my renew forum from TD/Primmum and they want $1400 now instead of the $950 I was paying last year for my 250R.... I'm gunna call around and see if I can find a better deal (I'm 27 with m2, no G)
    My Ride: 2009 Ninja 250R SE

Quote Originally Posted by guym View Post
    I also just got my renew forum from TD/Primmum and they want $1400 now instead of the $950 I was paying last year for my 250R.... I'm gunna call around and see if I can find a better deal (I'm 27 with m2, no G)
    Jevco.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Was able to save $500 a year with switching over to jevco! yay thanks for the advice Viff

Was able to save $500 a year with switching over to jevco! yay thanks for the advice Viff
    No problem
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

paid 450 with SF for a 250 when i was 25

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    paid 450 with SF for a 250 when i was 25
    Yea I can't go with state farm, Don't even have my G never mind having insurance on a g class for 5 years.
    Off topic* This Winter my sister was going to give me her car, but I can't afford insurance for a bike and a car so I'm just sticking with the bike :-p

Just got my renewal from Primmum . Decreased ~3% (to $1360 total) for a medium cruiser and a 1L ss , 45 yrs. old , clean record . Was expecting more of a discount .