VP U4.4 Fuel

Thread: VP U4.4 Fuel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

VP U4.4 Fuel

I've got a lead on VP fuels from Wayne Kennedy. Not that I think his prices are going to be outrageous or anything but I'm hoping that someone else here who races has a line on the best pricing/shipping for VP in Ontario. With Wayne I kinda have to meet him at a RACE event to get the fuel, which is only good when I'm doing RACE events... the new track bike needs U4.4 or what I'll probably do is mix it 2/3 with Ultra94.
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

Re: VP U4.4 Fuel

Hey Shaman, if your go to VP websit you will find the eastern Canadian distibutor is in Richmond Hill, not sure if you can buy directly from him though. I usually buy from Wayne but his sons take it to work with them in Hamilton and i pick it up there, very easy for me. Another option you can try is Randy at MacIntre Automotive, he is the dealer that works right at TMP you can reach him at 905-701-4664. His pricing is pretty much the same as Waynes but it gives you another option. Just my 2 cents but I stay away from Ultra 94, try the Shell Premium it has no ethanol and works very well to mix with race fuels, I mix a little with the MR9 I use all the time.
    Street 05 GSXR 1000/ Track 00 R6

If you don't venture beyond the things you have already mastered, you have stopped moving forward

Unfortunately as of October there are no fuels in Ontario that do not have ethanol in them. Shell 93 used to be the top fuel to buy but I can't even find it anymore, so I guess that era is over.
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F

Doesn't Shell 91 claim to not contain ethanol!?

Quote Originally Posted by raginduck View Post
    Doesn't Shell 91 claim to not contain ethanol!?
    It definitely was.

However, i haven't bought any of that since the last SOAR round this year in October so Shaman may be right. I usually only go to Shell to get gas for the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    It definitely was.

However, i haven't bought any of that since the last SOAR round this year in October so Shaman may be right. I usually only go to Shell to get gas for the bike.
    .......... for your street bike, right? .......... VP's MR series of fuel produce's between 5-7% more power, cleans up mapping, fantastic throttle responce ........ SHELL 91, works great in my truck, when I'm towing my trailer ........ BG

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    Unfortunately as of October there are no fuels in Ontario that do not have ethanol in them. Shell 93 used to be the top fuel to buy but I can't even find it anymore, so I guess that era is over.
    Doesnt Shell V-power not contain any ethenol? Unless they changed it in Ontario recently, it used to say "contains no Ethenol" right on the pump.

Legislature came in last summer and was finalized in October to the best of my recollection. At that point, all fuel sold in Ontario (maybe Canada, memory fails me) had to have minimum 10% ethanol. And a mind to move to e85 for manufacturers.

However, the thing that's vexing me is that I can't find it. It was posted, I remember even posting up the link on Facebook for my friends... and nothing is turning up except the 2007 act which mandates a minimum 5% ethanol in fuel sold in Ontario. I'm outta time this morning but if anyone finds it, post 'er up.
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F

Very good to know re: Shell but I wonder how they get away with it when the legislature says minimum 5%, the way I read it. Anyway like I said I suspect but don't know whether mr12 needs lower/stock compression... I really am not preaching it, I'm asking... I don't think it's clear sometimes over the Internet when someone is sincerely asking.

One thing I had to learn about the modern bikes is how good the cooling systems are, and I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. Motors I built and raced with years ago weren't so forgiving. I've never tried to build a 12,000+ rpm four stroke myself... gave that up when FC can build me one now that I can trust and not hassle with... most of my personal wrenching experience has been with car engines and two-stroke motors.

I'll be talking with Miller soon about doing a check and refresh on the top end of the AM bike and will be sure to ask him about how they're planning around MR12. He's prolly forgotten more about motors than I ever knew... Until then I still need U4.4 for the other stupidbike.

Now that I'm not on my phone I can post my source for outputs: Akrapovic's literature. They claim 175whp for the Evo2 exhaust and stock CBR 1000RR (presumably with a tune). I have only other owner's claims to back this up, but they do. Akrapovic claims 177whp for the 09 ZX-10R with an Evo2 exhaust and that's also what a local guy got on a Dynojet. We both agree, however, that racing dynos is pretty unproductive. Better to look at the time to redline through a 1:1 gear (usually fourth) and/or final thrust curves if you want some real life indication how it will work IRL if you don't have real world results.
    Last edited by Shaman; 01-12-2011 at 06:44 PM.
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    Very good to know re: Shell but I wonder how they get away with it when the legislature says minimum 5%, the way I read it.
    Don't count on the fact that the Shell pump stands still say "no ethanol". They will not get penalized if they leave incorrect sticker on the pump stand, but they'd surely would if they didn't oblige with Jan 1, 2011 regulation. What it most likely is that they are allowed to sell whatever has already been refined and produced waiting to be sold .....

Here are articles I remember reading ...
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...rticle1850776/
    http://www.ec.gc.ca/default.asp?lang...9-BE973BE6821B
    http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p2/20...rs189-eng.html

The way I read this new regulation, I do not think each grade of gas require to have min 5% of ethanol. It is require to have "average" 5% of what they sell/produce. So, Shell could easily have Zero ethanol content for their premium grade. I do not have time to do any dd ... Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by kamenrider View Post
    The way I read this new regulation, I do not think each grade of gas require to have min 5% of ethanol. It is require to have "average" 5% of what they sell/produce. So, Shell could easily have Zero ethanol content for their premium grade. I do not have time to do any dd ... Just my opinion.
    Well I filled up at Shell in Mississauga the other day, and the specs on the pump is still listed as follows

Bronze 87 (contains up to %10 Ethanol)
    Silver 89 (contains up to %5 Ethanol)
    V-Power 91 (contains no Ethanol)

From what I have read in some parts of Canada V-power does have Ethanol now, but not everywhere....YET...