VP U4.4 Fuel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VP U4.4 Fuel

VP U4.4 Fuel

I've got a lead on VP fuels from Wayne Kennedy. Not that I think his prices are going to be outrageous or anything but I'm hoping that someone else here who races has a line on the best pricing/shipping for VP in Ontario. With Wayne I kinda have to meet him at a RACE event to get the fuel, which is only good when I'm doing RACE events... the new track bike needs U4.4 or what I'll probably do is mix it 2/3 with Ultra94.
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

Re: VP U4.4 Fuel

Hey Shaman, if your go to VP websit you will find the eastern Canadian distibutor is in Richmond Hill, not sure if you can buy directly from him though. I usually buy from Wayne but his sons take it to work with them in Hamilton and i pick it up there, very easy for me. Another option you can try is Randy at MacIntre Automotive, he is the dealer that works right at TMP you can reach him at 905-701-4664. His pricing is pretty much the same as Waynes but it gives you another option. Just my 2 cents but I stay away from Ultra 94, try the Shell Premium it has no ethanol and works very well to mix with race fuels, I mix a little with the MR9 I use all the time.
    Street 05 GSXR 1000/ Track 00 R6

If you don't venture beyond the things you have already mastered, you have stopped moving forward

Unfortunately as of October there are no fuels in Ontario that do not have ethanol in them. Shell 93 used to be the top fuel to buy but I can't even find it anymore, so I guess that era is over.
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F

Doesn't Shell 91 claim to not contain ethanol!?

Quote Originally Posted by raginduck View Post
    Doesn't Shell 91 claim to not contain ethanol!?
    It definitely was.

However, i haven't bought any of that since the last SOAR round this year in October so Shaman may be right. I usually only go to Shell to get gas for the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    It definitely was.

However, i haven't bought any of that since the last SOAR round this year in October so Shaman may be right. I usually only go to Shell to get gas for the bike.
    .......... for your street bike, right? .......... VP's MR series of fuel produce's between 5-7% more power, cleans up mapping, fantastic throttle responce ........ SHELL 91, works great in my truck, when I'm towing my trailer ........ BG

Quote Originally Posted by Ben G View Post
    .......... for your street bike, right? .......... VP's MR series of fuel produce's between 5-7% more power, cleans up mapping, fantastic throttle responce ........ SHELL 91, works great in my truck, when I'm towing my trailer ........ BG
    Are those gains worth the extra cost for the most of us? Is a trackday rider or novice racer even going to realize those gains?

Quote Originally Posted by raginduck View Post
    Are those gains worth the extra cost for the most of us? Is a trackday rider or novice racer even going to realize those gains?
    Try it and see.

You'll be surprised how much difference it makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    Unfortunately as of October there are no fuels in Ontario that do not have ethanol in them. Shell 93 used to be the top fuel to buy but I can't even find it anymore, so I guess that era is over.
    Doesnt Shell V-power not contain any ethenol? Unless they changed it in Ontario recently, it used to say "contains no Ethenol" right on the pump.

Stock motor = pump gas for practice. I use The Cancer for qualifying and races.

Legislature came in last summer and was finalized in October to the best of my recollection. At that point, all fuel sold in Ontario (maybe Canada, memory fails me) had to have minimum 10% ethanol. And a mind to move to e85 for manufacturers.

However, the thing that's vexing me is that I can't find it. It was posted, I remember even posting up the link on Facebook for my friends... and nothing is turning up except the 2007 act which mandates a minimum 5% ethanol in fuel sold in Ontario. I'm outta time this morning but if anyone finds it, post 'er up.
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    Stock motor = pump gas for practice. I use The Cancer for qualifying and races.
    Tim, Tim . ........ just say'n, you have no idea of how many people "splain to me" how they use shagged tires and pump gas for "practice" and the good stuff for the race ........ so, what are they practicing? how to ride on ***** tires and a bad tune up? ........ and as to "track Day" riders, do as you see fit, 89, 91, 94 octagon your call, this is free info do what ya want with it ....... They all build real good bikes why change any of it for the track, use the good quality rim protectors the install on the bike, leave the suspension alone and buy the cheapest gas you can...... ........ good luck. BG
    Last edited by Ben G; 01-12-2011 at 10:38 AM. Reason: fixed

Tim, Tim . ........ just say'n, you have no idea of how many people "splain to me" how they use shagged tires and pump gas for "practice" and the good stuff for the race ........ so, what are they practicing? how to ride on ***** tires and a bad tune up? ........ and as to "track Day" riders, do as you see fit, 89, 91, 94 octagon your call, this is free info do what ya want with it ....... They all build real good bikes why change any of it for the track, use the good quality rim protectors the install on the bike, leave the suspension alone and buy the cheapest gas you can...... ........ good luck. BG
    I'm just making the best of the hand i've been dealt. Built motors, MR12 and several sets of tires a weekend sure would be nice though.

........Greening finished second and had the quickest lap at Mosport in the 2nd AM600 race this year, with a stock motor, Hindle and some MR12 ......... thats the hand HE got dealt, just say'n. BG

MR12 is a low octane fuel though. So I think you pretty much have to have a stock or low-compression motor to tolerate it.
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F

MR12 is a low octane fuel though. So I think you pretty much have to have a stock or low-compression motor to tolerate it.
    EVERYONE at the front of the CDN superbike series was running it this season, Jordan, Jodi Christie, Frank Trombino, etc.

Jordan and Jodi weren't running low comp motors.

The ENTIRE AMA superbike grid ran MR9 before they went to pump fuel and none one of those 200+hp bikes had low compression motors.

......... Ummmmmmm, NO ........ thet do it with science (OK, chemicals......... lots of nasty, foul smelling chemicals........ ) BG

So then what fuel would you mix with if it all contains ethanol or would you just run it straight?

http://www.vpracingfuels.com/page469685.html

Motor Octane: 87
    R+M/2: 93

So there you go. Not a high octane fuel. U4.4 is 103 motor octane.

There are ways around pre-detonation in higher compression motors. Most notably cam and spark timing. Engine building is a bit of a black art.
    AMA Pro bikes make well over 200whp whereas CDN SuperBikes are limited to 185whp if memory serves. 185whp on modern 1000cc motors is not really a heavily modified engine. My 06 street GSX-R makes about 180whp on 93 octane pump fuel (mind you, that's with a 520 chain conversion and a BST carbon wheel) and makes about 190whp on MR9 - that's with just some head work, degreed cams, a good exhaust and the race kit head gasket, nothing more.
    Last edited by Shaman; 01-12-2011 at 12:50 PM.
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F

No one claimed it wasn't a low octane fuel

The detonation is not prevented by octane it's done with chemicals
    As bg mentioned

This is not 1973

http://www.vpracingfuels.com/page469685.html

Motor Octane: 87
    R+M/2: 93

So there you go. Not a high octane fuel. U4.4 is 103 motor octane.

There are ways around predetonation in higher compression motors. Most notably cam and spark timing. Engine building is a bit of a black art.
    AMA Pro bikes make well over 200whp whereas CDN SuperBikes are limited to 185whp if memory serves. 185whp on modern 1000cc motors is not really a heavily modified engine. My street GSX-R makes about 180whp on 93 octane pump fuel (mind you, that's with a 520 chain conversion and a BST carbon wheel).