Dec 23rd practice session Kingston Jamaica

Thread: Dec 23rd practice session Kingston Jamaica

Dec 23rd practice session Kingston Jamaica

Back to reality today, but man was it ever nice riding every day/night for 2 weeks in Dec.

Re: Dec 23rd practice session Kingston Jamaica

tsk tsk johnny. No gear.......tsk tsk. lol.

I'm going down on friday. Is it true that you can't ship a bike down that is older than 3yrs old now. I heard this is the case with cars. I'm not sure if it applies to bikes too. I wish I could ride when I go down but my brother in law still hasn't found an engine for his bike.

I'm so happy. We got a house down there now so I can start shipping stuff down there slowly.
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/strictlye/signature.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by strictlye View Post
    tsk tsk johnny. No gear.......tsk tsk. lol.

I'm going down on friday. Is it true that you can't ship a bike down that is older than 3yrs old now. I heard this is the case with cars. I'm not sure if it applies to bikes too. I wish I could ride when I go down but my brother in law still hasn't found an engine for his bike.

I'm so happy. We got a house down there now so I can start shipping stuff down there slowly.
    Honestly I wore my helmet 95% of the time while stunting, and %99 of the time while on the street. Out of the 2 weeks I was riding there, a total of maybe 5 hours was without a helmet. Sometimes it just get too damn hot!

The regulation for cars does not apply to motorcycles, my bike is an 04 ZX6R and is fully plated and insured...

good stuff johnny, wish you took more pictures killing the streets

Quote Originally Posted by 2kgixx View Post
    good stuff johnny, wish you took more pictures killing the streets
    Trust me I wish I took any pictures, but I get too caught up in the moment and never take my camera out. These pics were on my cam but obviously I didnt take them.

I linked up with a promotion company that just built a new track in St Elizabith, and they want to fly us down at the end of every month for a monthly show. Next time I go back I want to bring someone with me just to take pictures and videos.

There should be some highway footage of me on my friends Gopro from our trip from Negril to Kingston, of me doing 4th gear sitdowns for ever. And also random demos we put on in gas stations along the way, I'll post some vids up when I get a chance.

Sit downs on the highway......demos at stations along the way.......I love the fact you can buy a cop with a Heineken down there.
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/strictlye/signature.jpg

Sit downs on the highway......demos at stations along the way.......I love the fact you can buy a cop with a Heineken down there.
    I love that I dont have too buy them out, Ive got plates, insurance, and tax sticker paid for a year for $500!. So even when I got pulled over for speeding through a radar trap, I just answerd all the questions and offered no money and was let go with nothing. I guess if your in a rush or have something wrong with your docs, then yeah a couple bucks will get you off and on your way...

Just keep in mind once you pay, you will always be expect to pay...They will tax you every time they see you if you give them money once....Much better to be legit, and just tell them to do it by the books...The guys who dont have papers play that game daily....

FYI my freind got a no helmet ticket, and it was $500 ja fine...Thats $5.79 Canadian LOL........Go ahead do it by the books, and write me a ticket...Id rather give the gov $5 then some corrupt cop $20+...
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 01-05-2011 at 01:20 PM.

Better than in Serbia.. Over there it's in the 50EUR ballpark and I got dinged for 100 once as I had 2 foreigners in the car, so they got real bloodthirsty.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post

FYI my freind got a no helmet ticket, and it was $500 ja fine...Thats $5.79 Canadian LOL........Go ahead do it by the books, and write me a ticket...Id rather give the gov $5 then some corrupt cop $20+...
    When I rented a bike down there, the 'mon' said the helmet had to be on the bike.
    IOW, I didn't have to wear it, I just strapped the lice infested, 35 yr old lid to the back of the bike somehow.
    Do they actually make you wear it on your head now? (it was in 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    When I rented a bike down there, the 'mon' said the helmet had to be on the bike.
    IOW, I didn't have to wear it, I just strapped the lice infested, 35 yr old lid to the back of the bike somehow.
    Do they actually make you wear it on your head now? (it was in 2001)
    The ticket says "No Seat Belt" LOL So Im not sure about the actual law

There are huge signs everywhere saying "protect your head, wear a helmet" also, which leads me to belive it is or at one point was a choice...

Honestly the cop was just hating, he passed him about 3 times at a round about in a matter of about 1/2 hour and only stopped him the 3rd time around... As he was writing the ticket a crowd formed and everyone was yelling "dont ticket the white man, hes on vacation". If he didnt keep ripping past him he would have never gotten the ticket IMO...Like I said all our bikes are legit, so a helmet ticket is really all he could hit him with...

The ticket says "No Seat Belt" LOL So Im not sure about the actual law

There are huge signs everywhere saying "protect your head, wear a helmet" also, which leads me to belive it is or at one point was a choice...

Honestly the cop was just hating, he passed him about 3 times at a round about in a matter of about 1/2 hour and only stopped him the 3rd time around... As he was writing the ticket a crowd formed and everyone was yelling "dont ticket the white man, hes on vacation". If he didnt keep ripping past him he would have never gotten the ticket IMO...Like I said all our bikes are legit, so a helmet ticket is really all he could hit him with...
    No Seat Belt = priceless. I love their way of life.
    My buddy and I got stuck in a roundabout. His bike was leaking gas. It was pouring out, not dripping. A Jamaican kid on a scooter started to come on 'hard' to take it to his brother's garage and get it fixed. Well, the cop at the roundabout pulled the Jamaican kid over, and made sure he left us 'tourists' alone. We put them up on one, and rode out. Think that was in Mo Bay.
    Funny story - when we took the bikes back to the rental place, they didn't have our deposit money to refund us. We were offered a sizable wad of gum. No complaints after riding a couple beat up 200cc dirt bikes for about 9hrs

No Seat Belt = priceless. I love their way of life.
    My buddy and I got stuck in a roundabout. His bike was leaking gas. It was pouring out, not dripping. A Jamaican kid on a scooter started to come on 'hard' to take it to his brother's garage and get it fixed. Well, the cop at the roundabout pulled the Jamaican kid over, and made sure he left us 'tourists' alone. We put them up on one, and rode out. Think that was in Mo Bay.
    Funny story - when we took the bikes back to the rental place, they didn't have our deposit money to refund us. We were offered a sizable wad of gum. No complaints after riding a couple beat up 200cc dirt bikes for about 9hrs
    There is no end to cool stories like this, if you actually explore Jamaica and arent one of those typical tourists that stay in the resorts and dont go out and experience the real Jamaica...My love for riding in Jamaica started on a 200cc trail bike too, now having my own stunt bike there set up the way I like it is a dream come true. I actually dreamed about it since the first day I was there...Sometimes I just look at the bike when I park it, and it amazes me thats its actually there....

There is no end to cool stories like this, if you actually explore Jamaica and arent one of those typical tourists that stay in the resorts and dont go out and experience the real Jamaica...My love for riding in Jamaica started on a 200cc trail bike too, now having my own stunt bike there set up the way I like it is a dream come true. I actually dreamed about it since the first day I was there...Sometimes I just look at the bike when I park it, and it amazes me thats its actually there....
    That's beyond ideal. I read your posts, (while I drooled) when you were in the process of getting the bike down there. At that time, a friend of mine started building a home, just outside of Negril. What was that, like 3 yrs ago? Well, needless to say, the house still isn't finished, lol - island time, you know
    Lucky for her, she's got a place near here for the summer.
    After that vacation to Mo Bay, (my 1st) I've never wanted, or had the desire to go anywhere else in a plane, except Vegas once in a while.

That's beyond ideal. I read your posts, (while I drooled) when you were in the process of getting the bike down there. At that time, a friend of mine started building a home, just outside of Negril. What was that, like 3 yrs ago? Well, needless to say, the house still isn't finished, lol - island time, you know
    Lucky for her, she's got a place near here for the summer.
    After that vacation to Mo Bay, (my 1st) I've never wanted, or had the desire to go anywhere else in a plane, except Vegas once in a while.
    Were not alone! I read in the paper while I was there, Jamaica was #1 travel destination for the 11th year in a row

Stole some pics from my friends Facebook, were stunting on the street in the center of the town of Negril. Infront of the Burger King at about 3am. Fun times!