I thanked the Mayor, did you??

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I thanked the Mayor, did you??

I thanked the Mayor, did you??

I took the time off to write a letter to the mayor and thanked him. If u think he is heading in the right direction, why not do the same?

Here's what I wrote in short:

Dear Mr Rob Ford,

I want to commend you on what a great job you are doing thus far. I am not only impressed by your ability to live up to your promise but also to helping the City of Toronto. I believe you can make this city whole again and I believe you can do great things as a Mayor. I just wish to take the time off to thank you. Today I saw on the news that you were to remove the Vehicle Tax and I am really happy to hear that. We are paying alot to drive already by the rediculous increases in gas prices. Good move by you, Sir.

I have also heard about you trying to remove the Plastic Bag Tax. I think that would be a great step in the right direction. The reason I believe this to be so is because, for the life of a single grocery bag, it fulfills two purposes before it reaches the dump. The first purpose is to take my groceries home and the second purpose is to be used as a trash bag. So in short, whether I am taxed 5c or not, I will still need to use a bag to carry my food from the grocery store and still need to use one to take out as trash.

Oh yes, one more thing I would like to say. I had convince my girlfriend to vote for you because I saw hope in you. Thank you for not making me rediculous.

Happy New Year and best regards,
    Resident Loudmouth

Re: I thanked the Mayor, did you??

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I took the time off to write a letter to the mayor and thanked him. If u think he is heading in the right direction, why not do the same?

Here's what I wrote in short:

Dear Mr Rob Ford,

I want to commend you on what a great job you are doing thus far. I am not only impressed by your ability to live up to your promise but also to helping the City of Toronto. I believe you can make this city whole again and I believe you can do great things as a Mayor. I just wish to take the time off to thank you. Today I saw on the news that you were to remove the Vehicle Tax and I am really happy to hear that. We are paying alot to drive already by the rediculous increases in gas prices. Good move by you, Sir.

I have also heard about you trying to remove the Plastic Bag Tax. I think that would be a great step in the right direction. The reason I believe this to be so is because, for the life of a single grocery bag, it fulfills two purposes before it reaches the dump. The first purpose is to take my groceries home and the second purpose is to be used as a trash bag. So in short, whether I am taxed 5c or not, I will still need to use a bag to carry my food from the grocery store and still need to use one to take out as trash.

Oh yes, one more thing I would like to say. I had convince my girlfriend to vote for you because I saw hope in you. Thank you for not making me rediculous.

Happy New Year and best regards,
    Could've used some grammar check on that :P

Good move. I'm 50% for the ideas he's implemented and 50% against. I'm against the trash bags, but for removing the vehicle tax.

Let's first see what shape the city is in after his first term before thanking him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Let's first see what shape the city is in after his first term before thanking him.
    +1

way too early to be slapping him on the back

plus, i'm sure he's already got plenty of sycophants to do that. . .

Yes, way too early. Of course he had to act on few promises quick because that's how he won the election. By selling this image of a blunt and decisive person. And I agree that he seems to be heading in the right direction but there's just so much time left. Who knows what will happen?

1999 Magna VF750C
    2001 SV650S
    1997 CBR900RR sold
    2005 ZZR-250 sold

I've been pleasantly surprised so far.. Let's see how he'll play out in the long run.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post
    Could've used some grammar check on that :P

Good move. I'm 50% for the ideas he's implemented and 50% against. I'm against the trash bags, but for removing the vehicle tax.
    Sorry typed it up in a rush and I have bad grammar. English is not my strong point

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    I think its right to thank someone for everything good they have done. Its good feedback so they go into the right direction
    Resident Loudmouth

You Torontonians are lucky for that breath of fresh air for new Mayor. I say pile on the accolades. We've had three Mayors named Bob and none were/are good. The ones not named Bob were no good either.
    soaked and upset

Quote Originally Posted by inreb View Post
    You Torontonians are lucky for that breath of fresh air for new Mayor. I say pile on the accolades. We've had three Mayors named Bob and none were/are good. The ones not named Bob were no good either.
    Some ppl who have post will disagree with u. For me he has done something that Miller hasn't. Well...make that several things
    Resident Loudmouth

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    Some ppl who have post will disagree with u.
    That's what I live for.
    soaked and upset

I'll wait to see where he is going to find the money to do everything he plans after cutting off several revenue streams the city has needed in the past. Cutting the council budget is a drop in the bucket to make it back. Wonder how much the cancelation of transit city (which had the funding in order) will cost the city. I'll reserve judgement till his term is up.

Isn't it a sad state when politicians need to be thanked for actually sticking to some of their campaign promises? Politics is in a rough state in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by AdRath View Post
    I'll reserve judgement till his term is up.
    That's a solid approach.

So what will he be judged against seeing how everything's constantly in flux? Not trying to be rude, btw.

Like, don't you sometimes get the impression that it doesn't matter who fills the shoes, ultimately it's bigger than one man and his team. Way to many conflicting agendas.
    soaked and upset

Isn't it a sad state when politicians need to be thanked for actually sticking to some of their campaign promises? Politics is in a rough state in Canada.
    Agreed. I'm just glad to see change which is different from changes others have brought in the past which has been mainly useless. Rob ford is bringing changes that are immediately affecting the lives of Torontonians for the good, but the intermediate and long term good changes have yet to be seen. I like the direction he is going in... lets just see if it keeps up.

I'll wait to see where he is going to find the money to do everything he plans after cutting off several revenue streams the city has needed in the past. Cutting the council budget is a drop in the bucket to make it back. Wonder how much the cancelation of transit city (which had the funding in order) will cost the city. I'll reserve judgement till his term is up.
    Yup. Where they're going to find the money worries me too. Hopefully, the city will learn to run leaner (they don't really have a choice), and there will definitely be program cuts. To what, I don't know.

All he is doing is putting money in one pocket, and taking it from the other.

+ 1.

I don't doubt that he'll *try* to fulfill his campaign promises, I just question whether or not he thought them through before deciding they made a good sound bite. And as to whether or not they'll ultimately be good for the city coffers or the taxpayers...that remains to be seen. I'm skeptical, especially in regards to transit city.
    2008 HD Sportster XL1200L
    2006 Ninja 650R
    1982 Honda CB125S
    2000 Suzuki GZ250
    2001 Tomos Targa

I not sure I would want to thank him at this point but,...

It's great to see that you have ...cause thats how you feel. It's nice to hear that you have gone out of your way to provide positive feedback for something you believe. Many will only give negative feedback. Hopefully feedback of this sort will fuel him more!

So ....good on you
    Flying is easy...just hurl yourself at the ground and ...miss

btw did he get rid of that law that limits the number of cars per driveway?

why would i thank him, he's done nothing for me.
    x

Quote Originally Posted by short stop View Post
    + 1.

I don't doubt that he'll *try* to fulfill his campaign promises, I just question whether or not he thought them through before deciding they made a good sound bite. And as to whether or not they'll ultimately be good for the city coffers or the taxpayers...that remains to be seen. I'm skeptical, especially in regards to transit city.
    I sent an email to my councilor FWIW. He will pass it onto his buddy.

Keep the bag fee. They have never given away bags in Europe.

Scrapping the car licence surcharge is a good move. I can't understand how we allow politicians to treat cars as items to be charged luxury taxes on when there is no efficient viable alternate for many people. Go ahead and put a 50% surtax on a Cadillac, Ferrari, Linc or whatever but to squeeze nickels out some poor shmuck driving a Civic or Cavalier to get to a job is retarded.

As far as some of Ford's other promises go there is a saying that "Bad promises are better broken than kept". If he is smart he will break the bad ones. If he is a genius he will get away with it.