*CHEAP* Ontario Motorcyle Insurance Group - Page 39

View Poll Results: Would you like liability coverage only?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the insurance companies have ruled Ontario for far too long

43 71.67%
  • No, I like to be forced into coverage

17 28.33%
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: *CHEAP* Ontario Motorcyle Insurance Group

Re: *CHEAP* Ontario Motorcyle Insurance Group

Other no fault states

Florida

PIP 10000
    Liability 20000
    uninsured motorist n/a

Hawaii

PIP 20000
    Liability 40000
    uninsured motorist n/a

Kansas

PIP 25000
    Liability 50000
    uninsured motorist 10000

Is someone seeing a Pattern here?

Now Ontario

PIP 1 million
    Liability 200000
    uninsured motorist ??

The twist here, in the US they are in a for profit private health care system. Ontario is public and not for profit system yet a portion of your AB insurance premium is directed towards OHIP. The ontario government is corrupt and is ripping people off. Don't be fooled by the BS of some.

http://www.canada-insurance-source.c...Insurance.html

Alberta is also a no fault province

PIP 50000 medical + 41600 income support
    Liability 200000

It is obvious the insured drivers of ontario are getting the shaft by the politicians and the insurance industry in being forced to pay for excessive insurance coverage.
    Last edited by ItIsWhatItIs; 02-23-2011 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    Other no fault states

Florida

PIP 10000
    Liability 20000
    uninsured motorist n/a

Hawaii

PIP 20000
    Liability 40000
    uninsured motorist n/a

Kansas

PIP 25000
    Liability 50000
    uninsured motorist 10000

Now Ontario

PIP 1 million
    Liability 200000
    uninsured motorist ??

The twist here, in the US they are in a for profit private health care system. Ontario is public and not for profit system yet a portion of your AB insurance premium is directed towards OHIP. The ontario government is corrupt and is ripping people off. Don't be fooled by the BS of some.

Liability 200000

It is obvious the insured drivers of ontario are getting the shaft by the politicians and the insurance industry in being forced to pay for excessive insurance coverage.
    http://www.kanetix.ca/what-is-no-fault-auto-insurance

In Alberta, they pay a LOT for Liability, and very little for Accident Benefits. In the end, the LIAB+AB premium for Alberta is not significantly different from the LIAB+AB premium in Ontario.

FYI, the same insurance companies that provide insurance in Alberta also provide insurance in Ontario.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    http://www.kanetix.ca/what-is-no-fault-auto-insurance

In Alberta, they pay a LOT for Liability, and very little for Accident Benefits. In the end, the LIAB+AB premium for Alberta is not significantly different from the LIAB+AB premium in Ontario.

FYI, the same insurance companies that provide insurance in Alberta also provide insurance in Ontario.
    How can you say that. At most the insurer in Alberta is on the hook for 300000. In Ontario 1.2 million. 4 times the liability equates to higher insurance premiums for the people of Ontario.

Doesn't BC have public insurance?
    My brother had to sell his K car when he moved there because his insurance tripled from his Ontario rates.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

How can you say that. At most the insurer in Alberta is on the hook for 300000. In Ontario 1.2 million. 4 times the liability equates to higher insurance premiums for the people of Ontario.
    People in Alberta don't buy $200K liability policies, because that would just be stupid given the huge claims that are processed through the liability coverage. Kanetix explains the shift between Liability and Accident Benefits quite well.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    Doesn't BC have public insurance?
    My brother had to sell his K car when he moved there because his insurance tripled from his Ontario rates.
    Yes -- BC insurance is provided by the Gov't through ICBC.

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    People in Alberta don't buy $200K liability policies, because that would just be stupid given the huge claims that are processed through the liability coverage. Kanetix explains the shift between Liability and Accident Benefits quite well.
    Alberta boasts 65 plus vendors to choose from for insurance. For the prudent resident of Alberta they will shop around until they find the no bs vendor and get the rate which will reflect the limited insurer exposure of 300k to Ontario's 1.2 million. At most AB is 90 K in Alberta to Ontario's 1 million. That should translate to 1/10 the insurance premium. On the Toyota Yaris, In Ontario my AB was quoted at $548. A tenth of that is fifty four dollars. Albertans Save a whopping $500 in Insurance premiums over Ontario residents. As for you claiming Alberta pay more for the liability, has to be BS as Alberta's 3rd party is 200000. Ontario is also 200000 but most insurers will force the Ontario resident into 1 million 3rd party liability. Once again the Ontario Insurer abuses and screws over the residents of Ontario.

It is apparent the Insurance industry is entrenchly corrupt and requires political intervention to implement common sense reforms to reign it back down to earth.

Banned

At most AB is 90 K in Alberta to Ontario's 1 million. That should translate to 1/10 the insurance premium. On the Toyota Yaris, In Ontario my AB was quoted at $548. A tenth of that is fifty four dollars. Albertans Save a whopping $500 in Insurance premiums[COLOR=black] over Ontario residents.
    Your extrapolating insurance rates based on potential maximum payout is flawed idiot logic at its worst. The probability of million dollar claims in either jurisdiction is a lot less than the probability of $90,000 claims. Think Bell Curve.

Alberta boasts 65 plus vendors to choose from for insurance. For the prudent resident of Alberta they will shop around until they find the no bs vendor and get the rate which will reflect the limited insurer exposure of 300k to Ontario's 1.2 million. At most AB is 90 K in Alberta to Ontario's 1 million. That should translate to 1/10 the insurance premium. On the Toyota Yaris, In Ontario my AB was quoted at $548. A tenth of that is fifty four dollars. Albertans Save a whopping $500 in Insurance premiums over Ontario residents. As for you claiming Alberta pay more for the liability, has to be BS as Alberta's 3rd party is 200000. Ontario is also 200000 but most insurers will force the Ontario resident into 1 million 3rd party liability. Once again the Ontario Insurer abuses and screws over the residents of Ontario.

It is apparent the Insurance industry is entrenchly corrupt and requires political intervention to implement common sense reforms to reign it back down to earth.
    It is apparent that you have no clue what you are talking about. Alberta is Alberta, and Ontario is Ontario. These are different provinces with different laws and different people and different claims patterns. Claims severities and frequencies vary by region. I explained this to a kid in the fifth grade and they were able to grasp this simple concept.

Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    Your extrapolating insurance rates based on potential maximum payout is flawed idiot logic at its worst. The probability of million dollar claims in either jurisdiction is a lot less than the probability of $90,000 claims. Think Bell Curve.
    Bingo.

You obviously have a mental impairment. I suggest you stop your glue sniffing it's making you brainless. Yeah Ontario is Ontario, Got it? Ontario PIP 1 million - Alberta PIP 90 K, GET IT? Ontario Liability 200K, Alberta 200K, GET THAT? Ontario NO FAULT, Alberta NO FAULT, GET THAT? Ontario public health care, Alberta Public Health care.

Alberta NO HST/PST
    Alberta No Mcguinty Health Premium of 300 to 900
    Alberta 90 K pip to Ontario's 1 million.

All your other minutiae is irrelevant and has to do with a person's driving record and claim history, get it? We are suppose to be in a free market and democracy. That is kind of hard when the insurance industry is forcing you into insurance. As you work in the industry you are a bit of a thread cancer and a post away from making it to my ignore list.
    Dude you have NO idea what you are talking about. Viffer I applaud you for your patience.

You obviously have a mental impairment. I suggest you stop your glue sniffing it's making you brainless. Yeah Ontario is Ontario, Got it? Ontario PIP 1 million - Alberta PIP 90 K, GET IT? Ontario Liability 200K, Alberta 200K, GET THAT? Ontario NO FAULT, Alberta NO FAULT, GET THAT? Ontario public health care, Alberta Public Health care.

Alberta NO HST/PST
    Alberta No Mcguinty Health Premium of 300 to 900
    Alberta 90 K pip to Ontario's 1 million.

All your other minutiae is irrelevant and has to do with a person's driving record and claim history, get it? We are suppose to be in a free market and democracy. That is kind of hard when the insurance industry is forcing you into insurance. As you work in the industry you are a bit of a thread cancer and a post away from making it to my ignore list.
    Alberta == Have Province.
    Ontario == Have-Not Province.

Ooooh, there's that ignore threat again. I'm sure Vifferfun is really broken up over that.

Are you this ignorant and annoying in real life also?
    '99 Suzuki Bandit 1200 - '88 Hannigan Comet chair

Other no fault states

Florida

PIP 10000
    Liability 20000
    uninsured motorist n/a

Hawaii

PIP 20000
    Liability 40000
    uninsured motorist n/a

Kansas

PIP 25000
    Liability 50000
    uninsured motorist 10000

Now Ontario

PIP 1 million
    Liability 200000
    uninsured motorist ??

Liability 200000

What part of NO FAULT do you not understand? New york state is a No Fault state. That means regardless you are entitled to the 25000 in PIP coverage of your policy/contrasted to Ontario's 1 million. GET IT. Some are as dense as a block of wood. Go to church or something to clear up the dementia.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    So in New York what happens when you've used up your $25,000?
    Answer the question!

This thread has run it's course - closed.
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.