Need New Gear - Suggestions?

Thread: Need New Gear - Suggestions?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Need New Gear - Suggestions?

I'm ready (past due, actually) for new gear, head to toe. Jacket, pants/chaps, gloves and boots.
    I'm open to either textile or leather. It needs to be protective, warm (with vents for cooling) and comfortable. Prefer muted colours.
    I like the H-D FXRG line: leather jacket and overpants claim to be waterproof, which eliminates dragging a rainsuit around on trips. But pricey $$!!
    I ride a Heritage Softail, so clothing cut for a cruiser posture rather than SS.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    I wave to everybody. Just not you.

Re: Need New Gear - Suggestions?

It would probably look out of place on a Cruiser, but I love my Aerostitch Roadcrafter two piece. With fleece underneath it takes me to very cold weather (-16 earlier this year for commuting), it vents well, goes on an off in seconds and has been totally waterproof for me.

..Tom
    2006 V-Strom DL650 * 202,000 km 125,500 miles * 2012 V-Strom DL650 *
    Ride Ride Ride!

Why Cars don't see bikes (SMIDSY)

SMIDSY detailed report

If I were looking for a new jacket and was looking for style, versatility and price, I would look at the Joe Rocket Super Ego jacket. Basic black leather but the panels zip off and you have a mesh jacket underneath. My Wife has the Women's textile version of this and she loves how versatile it is.

http://www.joerocket.com/catalog/ind...per_Ego_Jacket

Would look good with chaps or other riding pants.
    "Who's to say the way a man should spend his days?" - J.M.

Banned

Some Closeouts here:

http://www.jakewilson.com/closeouts.do

Leather Arlen Ness would be a great gift for your lady. One per customer at $60

Fox Creek has a great reputation within the HD crowd. Lifetime guarantee and made in the US of A. The pricing is on the high side of things but, not if you compare to HD's own products or if you look at the current exchange rates. I do believe you get what you pay for. And for some, there is a feel good factor of buying made in America. I don't care really but it's kind of a nice to know and support the neighbours to the south.

Have a look around their web site. Google for feedback.

I've found that you can find one set of gear to do everything but, it's expensive and it doesn't neccessarily look good. So, I just keep adding to the collection. For leather jacket and gear, this is the place.

http://www.foxcreekleather.com/60-me...orcycle-jacket

Link is for the jacket I have.......If you're sitting in the sun, you're gonna feel the heat but, if you're moving, it's vented well enough to be comfortable.

Anyways, have fun and keep us posted on what you end of with. I'm always looking for new ideas.

Cheers.

Also be sure to check out both made-in-USA Schott and Vanson.
    "...with extreme prejudice."
    www.mapleafmoto.com