Need New Gear - Suggestions? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need New Gear - Suggestions?

Re: Need New Gear - Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by lil red bird View Post
    Take them back to where you got them the whole suit and they will replace it for free
    Thanx, I'm due for a new lid this year so I'll go back and try that. For some reason I assumed it's on me.
    soaked and upset

Quote Originally Posted by inreb View Post
    Thanx, I'm due for a new lid this year so I'll go back and try that. For some reason I assumed it's on me.
    The Frogg Toggs replacement will be on you, unless you bought it within the last 12 months:

http://www.froggtoggsraingear.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    The Frogg Toggs replacement will be on you, unless you bought it within the last 12 months:

http://www.froggtoggsraingear.com/
    oops, at least 2 years old and no receipt, oh well

I guess I'll never buy that brand again......
    soaked and upset

Quote Originally Posted by V-Tom View Post
    (I think my zipper failure on the Frogg Toggs jacket was partly related to the 30 some odd pounds I put on after buying them. (the weight is back down again though.)
    That might also explain your experience with the Alter Ego pants... "the belt loop buckle never sat correctly (it wanted to twist)"
    2009 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Classic
    1978 Kawasaki KZ650 (project bike)

Quote Originally Posted by Thom View Post
    That might also explain your experience with the Alter Ego pants... "the belt loop buckle never sat correctly (it wanted to twist)"

The Alter egos were bought because of my weight gain and were sized accordingly. (BTW, my weight is back down again.) I think the issue with the belt loop has much to do with the shape of the belt "loop". Once the belt started going to one end or another the loop wanted to sit sideways.

I'm also very rough on things and ride a lot more than most people.

..Tom
    2006 V-Strom DL650 * 202,000 km 125,500 miles * 2012 V-Strom DL650 *
    Ride Ride Ride!

Why Cars don't see bikes (SMIDSY)

SMIDSY detailed report

The Alter egos were bought because of my weight gain and were sized accordingly. (BTW, my weight is back down again.)
    Begging your pardon, your Modjesty, but it has been my experience that both leather and textile gear will actually shrink in the closet from non-use in as little as a couple weeks. Happens to me all the time. And I've noticed lately that the manufacturers of said clothing have all conspired to drop "2X" size down to "L" without changing the label, the sneaky bastids.
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

The Alter egos were bought because of my weight gain and were sized accordingly. (BTW, my weight is back down again.) I think the issue with the belt loop has much to do with the shape of the belt "loop". Once the belt started going to one end or another the loop wanted to sit sideways.

I'm also very rough on things and ride a lot more than most people.

..Tom
    Glad you were able to drop the weight. It is not an easy thing to do.

BTW, you should learn how to spell your first name.

Thom
    2009 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Classic
    1978 Kawasaki KZ650 (project bike)

Those rings on the Joe Rocket pants do the same thing on my rides. They're too tall and thin, so when they shift down, and they do regularly, it's like the waistband enlarges by and inch, when the other side shifts, you can walk these right off your body which is why I added clip on suspenders to them. Problem solved for now until I find something better.

The Joe Rocket concept of "Rain liners go inside" is the reason why I tend not to consider their all season clothing. For a few thousand years mankind has said that water should stay on the outside of my clothing, not in it.

I have an older Teknic mesh jacket with leather sleeves, and if came with an interior rain liner. One day I was wearing a white t-shirt and got caught out in the rain without a rain liner or jacket, and the dye in the sleeves ran so badly that I was forced to throw out the t-shirt, and I washed the jacket with the armour removed twice more on gentle cycle to remove the dye. Now when it rains I wear my liner OVERTOP the mesh jacket and I'm quite a bit happier about it.

I'll be looking for some riding pants this weekend, hopefully along the lines of the icon camoflaged cargo pants or something similar, for street and offroad use. I hope I can find something in post christmas feasting size range. :P

Ride Reports and other drivel
    '08 Suzuki DR650E
    '04 Kawasaki KLR 685 (For Sale)
    '05 Honda VFR800a Interceptor (SOLD)

'01 Suzuki Bandit GSF600s (what the deer left of it)
    '94 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD)
    MC Instructor www.LearningCurves.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Thom View Post
    Glad you were able to drop the weight. It is not an easy thing to do.

BTW, you should learn how to spell your first name.

Thom
    My legal first name is Thomas but a decision was made about a million years ago to use "Tom".

..Tom
    Ride Ride Ride!

SMIDSY detailed report

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten_Ronnie View Post
    Those rings on the Joe Rocket pants do the same thing on my rides. They're too tall and thin, so when they shift down, and they do regularly, it's like the waistband enlarges by and inch, when the other side shifts, you can walk these right off your body which is why I added clip on suspenders to them. Problem solved for now until I find something better.

The Joe Rocket concept of "Rain liners go inside" is the reason why I tend not to consider their all season clothing. For a few thousand years mankind has said that water should stay on the outside of my clothing, not in it.

Thankyou for saying it much better than me! That is exactly what I was experiencing!

..Tom
    Ride Ride Ride!

SMIDSY detailed report

FirstGear also makes decent stuff but it's hard to find it in Canada unless getting via mail order.