Why .......... - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Why ..........

Re: Why ..........

Tonto....hope to see you at the track...whichever you decide to attend, or both!!

Mr. Bickle...great reply from someone who knows. Valuable insight. Chris has has arms tied most of the time and achieves great things every weekend. Ken has a series that has growing pains, like any new venture.

Ben, gotcha..... I don't expect the receptivity will change all that much overnight nor do i expect it to over the next while. What i do know is some people do read my responses and appreciate the honesty. i'm not a team player....never looked for a team to be part of....not my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jia View Post

For example, my first track day ever, with Racer5, Mike Bevan talked to a group of us briefly about racing, costs etc, and of course it was about SOAR. He wasn't my instructor either. But it did the job, and on GTAM I searched about SOAR. Racer5 offers free instructions at their days, like all(?) trackday organizers, but I'm not sure if Matt McBride during Riders Choice trackdays will encourage newbies to race at RACE/PCSC, or the same for Pro6 etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben G View Post
    ...........fastar1, you may be correct........ but my bet, "generation NOW" will twitter, facebook, myspace and/or text message themselves out of bike racing long before any of this matters .......... the future of the sport is with the 18-25 year olds and they have the attention span of a nat (I have one.......... 17-18 year old [maybe he is a nat?]) they are also easily knocked off the course........ Oh and Jia I agree with alot of what you said, but remember I was generalizing ......... your in depth knowledge proves my point BTW ........ I just wish you where that well versed on the PCSC....... ;>) BG
    .....PS: 1630 views in 2 1/2 days some people care which is good for all of the series.......
    This whole PCSC thing is starting to catch on... lol

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-Motorrad-2011
    "Bro... it's an exotic..."

SOAR Novice #37

Quote Originally Posted by fsilva_mcl View Post
    This whole PCSC thing is starting to catch on... lol

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-Motorrad-2011
    That's partly Ben's fault for bringing it to the forefront in this thread.

Francis Martin was my coach on Fast 1&2, and I've been a fan for a bit, and have the RSS feed for PCSC in my google reader which I checked on my crackberry this afternoon. :P

So is MV Augusta entering the Canadian racing scene? I couldn't find anything that specified either way.

This is the first year of seven seasons that I'm even following the PCSC in more detail, and I can't even say really why that is although I was hoping to see Francis take the podium more often piloting the BMW.

Is there a DVD for the 2010 season?

Ride Reports and other drivel
    '08 Suzuki DR650E
    '04 Kawasaki KLR 685 (For Sale)
    '05 Honda VFR800a Interceptor (SOLD)

'01 Suzuki Bandit GSF600s (what the deer left of it)
    '94 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD)
    MC Instructor www.LearningCurves.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten_Ronnie View Post

Francis Martin was my coach on Fast 1&2, and I've been a fan for a bit, and have the RSS feed for PCSC in my google reader which I checked on my crackberry this afternoon. :P

So is MV Augusta entering the Canadian racing scene? I couldn't find anything that specified either way.

This is the first year of seven seasons that I'm even following the PCSC in more detail, and I can't even say really why that is although I was hoping to see Francis take the podium more often piloting the BMW.

If MV doesn't pay the "homolgomation fee" then they can't race.

This is why you don't see Ducatis on the grid, and this is why R1s were disqualified from participating in the 2010 season. The only reason the R6's (and only non-current model year bikes) were permitted was that PMP knew that if they disqualified them as well they'd lose a huge chunk of the Amateur grid and a big enough chunk of the Pro grids.
    Last edited by caboose483; 12-21-2010 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    If MV doesn't pay the "homolgomation fee" then they can't race.

This is why you don't see Ducatis on the grid, and this is why R1s were disqualified from participating in the 2010 season. The only reason the R6's (and only non-current model year bikes) were permitted was that PMP knew that if they disqualified them as well they'd lose a huge chunk of the Amateur grid.
    ......... well now, isn't this going to get interesting (but first....... Mc Fastkid to Schnitzel vaggen is great but say good night dick, he is going to put a beating on everybody [wait, not quiet yet..... Jordan Szoke to Kawasaki Canada ....... HOLY shize, now we got some race'n boys]) back to Momolagization (like the milk making proccess...........) in a recent conversation with names I can't speak here (or I would have to kill ALL OF YOU) it was brought to my attention that Yamaha (in 2009) Homoligated there current crossplane R1 wounder toy, Ahhhhhhh I'm thinking maybe the National seies has kinda dropped the ball a bit or just didn't read there own rule book .......... the 2009 Yamaha R1 should be eligable (they where in 2009) just say'n is all. BG

PS: based on the "maybe fact" that bikes are actually Homoligated for the series, I'm thinking $XXXXX amount of money chages hands and your bike is "good to go" for that year......

VS

Paul has us well taken care of here!

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten_Ronnie View Post

Well you won't see Francis on the Podium on a BMW unless he buys his own. According to release Brett McCormick will be riding for BMW in 2011. Hope he finds another ride.

I asked the same question about MV to a contact at Motovan and it is not likely.
    Pro # 175

Thanks to my Sponsors: Racer5, SpeedWorx, SpeedGear, Kawasaki Canada,
    Uber-Racing, Pirelli/ Orion Motorsports, Kahuna Powersports, Armour Bodies, WoodCraft, MotoVan, Vortex, TechSpec, Sidi & PitBull

Quote Originally Posted by Ben G View Post
    ......... well now, isn't this going to get interesting (but first....... Mc Fastkid to Schnitzel vaggen is great but say good night dick, he is going to put a beating on everybody [wait, not quiet yet..... Jordan Szoke to Kawasaki Canada ....... HOLY shize, now we got some race'n boys]) back to Momolagization (like the milk making proccess...........) in a recent conversation with names I can't speak here (or I would have to kill ALL OF YOU) it was brought to my attention that Yamaha (in 2009) Homoligated there current crossplane R1 wounder toy, Ahhhhhhh I'm thinking maybe the National seies has kinda dropped the ball a bit or just didn't read there own rule book .......... the 2009 Yamaha R1 should be eligable (they where in 2009) just say'n is all. BG

PS: based on the "maybe fact" that bikes are actually Homoligated for the series, I'm thinking $XXXXX amount of money chages hands and your bike is "good to go" for that year......
    Now all that we need is that Christie kid (dad probably broke out the go-fast stick again this winter) to get a full ride with Honda, and Frankie (you) to get some serious support from Yamaha, and we'll have a REAL series again.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

I heard Ben was going to buy Francis an Aprilla and team up with Lindsay Lohan.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    I heard Ben was going to buy Francis an Aprilla and team up with Lindsay Lohan.
    I think you misheard. It was Buy Francis some Absolut and tag-team Lindsay Lohan.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

It only took 7 pages for this thread to reach it's full potential!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    I think you misheard. It was Buy Francis some Absolut and tag-team Lindsay Lohan.

Same difference,

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    I hope we are talking about me.
    "Bro... it's an exotic..."

SOAR Novice #37

Quote Originally Posted by fsilva_mcl View Post
    I hope we are talking about me.
    Francis Martin.