17 In Feb 2011 Is it possible to get Insurance??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 17 In Feb 2011 Is it possible to get Insurance??

17 In Feb 2011 Is it possible to get Insurance??

Ok so as you might noe im a NOOB!
    and i really wanted a CBR 125 or 250 this spring
    but i am only turning 17 in Febuary 2011 -.-
    and i wanted to know if i would even get insured?? Could I get it insured on my moms name or something like that? but my parents dont have their M license at all??
    any suggestions?

Re: 17 In Feb 2011 Is it possible to get Insurance??

male or female? I payed 2800 last year on a FZ600, i was 17 male, with M1 since 16. so pretty much you'll end up paying 2000ish on a 125/250. insuring under your parents is fraud you can try it but if you get caught your fooked... deal drugs, be a pimp, ask for change or get a job lol.

Peterborough, or just where ever the road takes me

I got insured at 16 on a 500 interceptor. You should be fine if you're riding a 125. Just remember, since you're young they'll hose you.
    Not wearing gear while riding is like unprotected sex. Sooner or later you're going to get a rash!

DAMN!!!!
    I cant afford to pay 2000$$ Insurance lmaoooo
    the 125 alone cost about 2000$

Another Noob question :$
    do they make u pay monthly or all together?
    if it is monthly i can handle it lol.

my insurance is with my car so i pay it monthly but when i had just the bike it was all one lump sum...
    if i where you I'd get something older for $1000 (fz, vf, zx) that look sporty but aren't classified sport

You are probably out of luck if you can't afford 2k. Insurance on bike plus young age doesn't mix in this province. Sorry either save up money or move or don't get insurance and risk being royally screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
    my insurance is with my car so i pay it monthly but when i had just the bike it was all one lump sum...
    if i where you I'd get something older for $1000 (fz, vf, zx) that look sporty but aren't classified sport
    I got an '84 for $1000, and insurance still classifies it as a Super sport, which royally screws me. I pay $3000 a year. Just call around insurance places and ask for a quote before you buy a bike, know what you're getting yourself into
    Not wearing gear while riding is like unprotected sex. Sooner or later you're going to get a rash!

Just manup bro and work part time or make the money over the summer and pay it all off. Ask parents for a loan and return it at the end of summer. I'm sure you can make 3K over the summer break.

Quote Originally Posted by chothia28 View Post
    DAMN!!!!
    I cant afford to pay 2000$$ Insurance lmaoooo
    If you can't afford a mere $2000 for insurance, then sorry to say, but you can't afford to ride. On top of the bike and insurance, there is also maintenance and gas. Insuring under your parents name (and they are not licensed for bikes) is impossible. Insuring under your parents name (and they are licensed to ride) but you are the true principal operator is fraud.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by Jag_V4Ape View Post
    Ask parents for a loan and return it at the end of summer. I'm sure you can make 3K over the summer break.
    I think everyone should listen to Mark Carney a little bit more . . .

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...rticle1734911/

The motorcycle is by no means a necessity at 17yo, and definitely doesn't warrant borrowing money to purchase.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Well I already work part time i guess ill have to wait till next year to get a bike lol

1. wait till the 2011 cbr125s come out then you will be looking at the older ones 2007-2009 going for 1500
    2. get your m1 one as soon as possible, once you've had it for a year you can be insured by jevco.
    3. the parent thing wont work your parents need to have their motorcycle lisence and the ownership has to be in their name.
    4. when i was 16 last year i bought a 50cc motorcycle and signed up with royal sun alliance and i was paying 600 a year, when i first got my m1. so best thing to do is get your m1 if you want to ride more than 50cc and wait a year and get the 125.
    5. on the cbr125r you are most likely going to be paying more than 2000 because you are going to be with RSA which is your only choice because you dont have your lisence for a year.
    6. if you want to start off on a beginner bike i got one that i can sell you im upgrading to a 650 so i need this gone.
    7. your probably going to be paying one whole amount of insurance unless you are with jevco then you can pay 4 times
    Derbi Gpr nude for sale PM ME

Anybody whos down with a youngins meet pm me.

I got an '84 for $1000, and insurance still classifies it as a Super sport, which royally screws me. I pay $3000 a year. Just call around insurance places and ask for a quote before you buy a bike, know what you're getting yourself into

how is the interceptor classified as supersport ? who are you with. from what i hear if your with jevco and if the bike is under 15 years old. 95 or lower, 96 next year it has standard motorcycle rates. i got a quote for a 08' 650 for 2800

Quote Originally Posted by NEED_SPEED View Post
    how is the interceptor classified as supersport ? who are you with. from what i hear if your with jevco and if the bike is under 15 years old. 95 or lower, 96 next year it has standard motorcycle rates. i got a quote for a 08' 650 for 2800
    I don't think that Amazon is paying a SS surcharge on an old VFR -- I'm guessing that they are simply under 25yo and are paying a high rate because of the higher displacement.

I'm with Jevco, and I spoke with them on the phone, and I was told it's an SS. I told them that's dumb since it's so old, but apparently it didn't matter, maybe it was black listed or something. A new 250 could probably blow my 500 away

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon View Post
    I'm with Jevco, and I spoke with them on the phone, and I was told it's an SS. I told them that's dumb since it's so old, but apparently it didn't matter, maybe it was black listed or something. A new 250 could probably blow my 500 away
    i just checked the blacklist for jevco and the vfr is not on the list. 3000 is way to much for a 500 non ss. you should be paying 2200-2500 especially for an 84.

doesnt make sense unless they made a mistake or rates went down this year because the insurance thingy on september

Jevco doesn't surcharge bikes manufactured on or before 1995. Are you under 25yo? Most likely, your rate is simply high due to a combination of your age and a higher-displacement bike, and has nothing to do with the "Sport" or "non-Sport" status of your bike.

ya I'm 18, this is my second year insured. I know that the high price is due to my age as well, but they kept saying it's 'cause it's an SS. A few places did. oh well

ya I'm 18, this is my second year insured. I know that the high price is due to my age as well, but they kept saying it's 'cause it's an SS. A few places did. oh well
    Well, I think they simply gave you the wrong explanation, although your premium is probably correct. However, if you indeed have a SS surcharge incorrectly applied to your bike, then this is against Jevco's filed rules and you would be entitled to a refund. If I were you I would send my broker a quick message to inquire. NO bike manufactured on or before 1995 should have a SS surcharge applied under Jevco's filed rules.

Quote Originally Posted by NEED_SPEED View Post
    1. wait till the 2011 cbr125s come out then you will be looking at the older ones 2007-2009 going for 1500
    2. get your m1 one as soon as possible, once you've had it for a year you can be insured by jevco.
    3. the parent thing wont work your parents need to have their motorcycle lisence and the ownership has to be in their name.
    4. when i was 16 last year i bought a 50cc motorcycle and signed up with royal sun alliance and i was paying 600 a year, when i first got my m1. so best thing to do is get your m1 if you want to ride more than 50cc and wait a year and get the 125.
    5. on the cbr125r you are most likely going to be paying more than 2000 because you are going to be with RSA which is your only choice because you dont have your lisence for a year.
    6. if you want to start off on a beginner bike i got one that i can sell you im upgrading to a 650 so i need this gone.
    7. your probably going to be paying one whole amount of insurance unless you are with jevco then you can pay 4 times
    Sounds good thanks,
    I guess Ill just get my M1/M2 this spring and then next year I can get a bike :P
    lol looks like ill just have to wait another year -_-
    but thanks for the help anyways guys.