proud new cbr600rr noobie!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: proud new cbr600rr noobie!

proud new cbr600rr noobie!

Hey guys and gals,

Just saying hi, as I will be most likely spending a lot of time on these forums for the next little while(i'll try to keep the nub questions to a min). I work in Toronto but live in Port Credit at the moment and after seeing the bikes all sumer long, by the Burrito Boyz I decided to pull the trigger at the morocycle show. So I just got myself a 09 tri color cbr600rr with 0km

Hope she will treat me well as this is my idea of a starter bike, I tried a 250kawi last summer and realized right away this is a tad too slow for me. I was reluctant to get one before but I think I'm responsible enough to properly and safely enjoy one.

W

Re: proud new cbr600rr noobie!

Congrats on the new bike - welcome to the forum

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by jcarboni View Post
    Welcome
    Welcome aboard
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    Welcome aboard
    Welcome aboorat
    Vivere est vincere

Quote Originally Posted by Cellar Door View Post
    Hope she will treat me well as this is my idea of a starter bike, I tried a 250kawi last summer and realized right away this is a tad too slow for me. I was reluctant to get one before but I think I'm responsible enough to properly and safely enjoy one.
    You have got to be kidding me.

Please post up on 600rr.net about a 600RR being your first bike so that you may be properly flamed. I sincerely hope I don't read about you in the obituaries next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcat View Post

Please post up on 600rr.net about a 600RR being your first bike so that you may be properly flamed. I sincerely hope I don't read about you in the obituaries next summer.
    as long as your not paying for his funeral who cares it's his money. atgatt...

Congrats on the bike! Picked it up for 9k?

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
    as long as your not paying for his funeral who cares it's his money. atgatt...
    We all know ATGATT only leaves a pretty corpse.

Welcome and congrats on the bike!!!
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

Where do you get off saying **** like this?

He is free to do what he wants with his money. Get a life you hater.

Thanks guys!

Yes its my first but like I said I'm a responsible individual and I will take it slowly. Also I have experience with speed, my last car had 500hp and I'm confident I made the right choice. At the same time its what you do with the bike, even a vespa can get you killed if you are an idiot.

Yes I did get it for 9 grand

Welcome!!

welcome
    "it's not about winning is about making the other guy lose"

Welcome!!

Welcome aboard!
    Robert
    '02 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    '91 BMW K1 (sold)

The first point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle72 View Post
    Where do you get off saying **** like this?

He is free to do what he wants with his money. Get a life you hater.
    "Hater" or realistic? Dude, I don't know how many forums you're on, or what you ride, but a Supersport with 109HP is not a realistic or safe beginner bike. It's a fact. And I don't see an issue with being concerned about another person's SAFETY. Do you?

I've read far, far too many posts on various forums where noob riders claim they're 'responsible' enough to handle an SS bike as a beginner bike only to later read they've crashed, killed themself, or injured/killed someone else. It is NOT about 'responsibility' or 'maturity'. It's about the fact that riding is a SKILL learned through experience. An SS bike is NOT a forgiving bike, and is in no way suited to an individual learning how to ride.

Lastly, anyone who says a 250 "isn't fast enough" for them on the street is neither mature nor responsible. They're fawking deluded and letting their ego make their purchasing decision for them. I can practically bet this noob bought a 600RR because his buddies told him a 250 is a "pussy bike."

And to you, noob, a car is NOTHING like a bike.

I guess thanks for the 'realistic' opinion but thats all it is. Having said that I simply disagree and think you read too many sad stories.

Cool Re: proud new cbr600rr noobie!

"Hater" or realistic? Dude, I don't know how many forums you're on, or what you ride, but a Supersport with 109HP is not a realistic or safe beginner bike. It's a fact. And I don't see an issue with being concerned about another person's SAFETY. Do you?

I've read far, far too many posts on various forums where noob riders claim they're 'responsible' enough to handle an SS bike as a beginner bike only to later read they've crashed, killed themself, or injured/killed someone else. It is NOT about 'responsibility' or 'maturity'. It's about the fact that riding is a SKILL learned through experience. An SS bike is NOT a forgiving bike, and is in no way suited to an individual learning how to ride.

Lastly, anyone who says a 250 "isn't fast enough" for them on the street is neither mature nor responsible. They're fawking deluded and letting their ego make their purchasing decision for them. I can practically bet this noob bought a 600RR because his buddies told him a 250 is a "pussy bike."

And to you, noob, a car is NOTHING like a bike.
    -1 A bike is as safe as you make it. My first bike was a 600 SS a decade later I'm still here. Some people learn faster some people learn slower if he get on the bike and realizes its not for him hes helping some else out by selling a used cbr. On the other hand he can get used to it and realize the bikes true nature and enjoy it.

So stop ****en hating and nagging on people, some are born great other need to practice.
    MAMY TRADYCJE JEBAC POLICJE ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Cellar Door View Post
    I guess thanks for the 'realistic' opinion but thats all it is. Having said that I simply disagree and think you read too many sad stories.

Did you hear yourself? It's a "realistic opinion." I rest my case. *eye roll*

+++++++

A decade ago an SS was not the same as an SS of today, either.