Looking for dirt in KW

Thread: Looking for dirt in KW

Looking for dirt in KW

I'm starting a new thread for this because my needs are a bit different.I'm planning on selling my track bike and getting a Trials bike.Because the bikes are very quiet,do little damage to the terrain and a rider can get by with just a little ravine to practice in.I need somewhere within 20 minutes of Waterloo that is legal (no hydro right of ways).I need to check out a couple of areas before i make this change in my garage.I rode trials 20 years ago when there was never a problem finding a place to practice.The last thing i want is to get charged with trespassing and then find i can't get across the U.S. border for holidays.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Re: Looking for dirt in KW

Maybe just add a big stack of pallets and an old rusty car to your backyard?
    <grin>
    o~`o
    VSRI #1930
    The most common problem with motorcycles is the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

the muffin is going away?! now you will become a complete hooligan you know.
    95 RS125 (track), 05 DL650 (street), 89 FZR400 (project)

I know you said no hydro right of ways but im going to post this anyway in case someone else is interested.

In Waterloo by their dump on Ira needles blvd (can also acess it off highland road after trusller) there is a nice little hydro cut, it has been taken over by cyclists and yes they despise ATV's (even go as far as blocking trails with logs) etc.. however, I dont think its illegal per say. I dont think they would give you too much grief with a trials bike.

Also, at Ottawa/Westmount by Mclean park --mount trashmore- there are a few really nice jumps all set up, once again, dont think they would care about a trials bike there.

I'll add some useful information,

Wellington Rd 21 and 8th Line by Inverhaugh if you go down towards the river there is a large flood plain area there that you could do some riding in.

Quote Originally Posted by twinn View Post
    I know you said no hydro right of ways but im going to post this anyway in case someone else is interested.

In Waterloo by their dump on Ira needles blvd (can also acess it off highland road after trusller) there is a nice little hydro cut, it has been taken over by cyclists and yes they despise ATV's (even go as far as blocking trails with logs) etc.. however, I dont think its illegal per say. I dont think they would give you too much grief with a trials bike.

Also, at Ottawa/Westmount by Mclean park --mount trashmore- there are a few really nice jumps all set up, once again, dont think they would care about a trials bike there.
    Hydro cuts would be great on a dual sport where you can make a quick getaway.But having to park my truck and risk having it towed is out of the question.Thanks for the tips tho.

Quote Originally Posted by skip View Post
    I'll add some useful information,

Wellington Rd 21 and 8th Line by Inverhaugh if you go down towards the river there is a large flood plain area there that you could do some riding in.
    This might be a good idea.I need an area with big fallen trees and rocks.Tried to check it out on google maps,but the only cloud in Ontario is over that spot.Lol
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

its flood plain with steep wooded hills coming down the sides. might work....or you can come up to my cottage and play in my back yard lol.