SOAR Schedule Discussion - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SOAR Schedule Discussion

Re: SOAR Schedule Discussion

Vintage needs to be seperate to give the opportunity for two classes. Just because they didnt doesnt mean they wont. We may have more this year and to take the opportunity away isnt a good idea.
    BoTT Hvwt with Vintage Light and then Hvy somewhere else?
    BoTT Lwt cannot go with LE Ltwt. The first gen SV becomes LE eligible this season and you can bet they will run it.
    Femme is alone (if they can get the numbers like the end of 2010) because I want it to.
    I want Rookie towards the begining of the day for obvious reasons, if crap hits the fan (like it usually does) I want the days schedule available to play with in order to recover.
    Keep tryin

Can I have a sandwich break between races?

For those new and unknown faces next year only wanting to run Rookie, it might not be so attractive to put them at the end of the day. They get there around 7:30am or so, get tech'd and attend the riders meeting. Then they sit on their arse for 8 or so hours before they can race for 15 minutes. It may not motivate them to ride future rounds.

Having a larger gap between Novice 600 and Rookie is good idea because mid season most Rookie riders end up riding Novice 600, but the current proposals are now at extreme end of the spectrum with Novice 600 the first race, and Rookie the last, maybe a bit too big of a gap.

I thought you snacked while you raced?

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    I want Rookie towards the begining of the day for obvious reasons, if crap hits the fan (like it usually does) I want the days schedule available to play with in order to recover.
    Keep tryin
    What are the obvious reasons?

Also for obvious reasons Novice 600 has to be early. So long as they're both before lunch they'll continue to get ****ed on tire management.

Ok, I hear you Ken.

How about this one...

12 Lap Finals 10:30 – 12:15

#1 Novice 600
    #2 Formula 2 Stroke/Lost Era HW
    #3 Racer 5/Nu Speed
    #4 Rookie Challenge
    #5 Novice/Expert Open

Lunch Break and Bike Pick Up 12:15 – 1:00

12 Lap Finals 1:00 – 5:00

#6 BOTT HW/ Lost Era LW
    #7 Novice SBK
    #8 Vintage HW/ Dunlop Challenge
    #9 Formula Femme
    #10 Expert 600
    #11 BOTT LW/ Vintage LW
    #12 Old Boys Cup

14 Lap Final

#13 Expert SBK
    98.1 Free FM's Racing Team
    SOAR 2011 Old Boys Championship Runner-up.
    Rocket.ca womex.ca TracksideCuts.com stoopidracing.com

why do all of these have to have novice 600 first!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    What are the obvious reasons?

Also for obvious reasons Novice 600 has to be early. So long as they're both before lunch they'll continue to get ****ed on tire management.
    They crash alot and I need play room in the schedule to accommodate that. While I feel for the tire problem I need to run a schedule that makes sense to the greater good and my ability to get through the number of races in a reasonable timeframe while allowing a delay cushion. I dont try to mess people up but as you can see its not that simple.

If EX500 riders show up, they'll probably want to run both BOTT LW and Vintage LW. Both of these have been small classes and can be run with something else; the question is what that something else can be. Formula Femme has run together with other classes in the past; Vintage LW (or its equivalent at RACE) has been one of them. But it messes them up if they so happen to want to run in whatever that other class is that they're on track with at the same time. There was very low turnout for Vintage HW - even less than Vintage LW. I have no motivation for entering Vintage HW and it didn't bother me to be in the same race (actually, it was kinda entertaining chasing the bigger bikes with my little one). For some of these, you CAN have three or even more classes on track at the same time.

Much depends on how many riders actually show up for these.

Ken's suggestion for giving different classes the shaft each weekend is largely how RACE does this ...

Is there much crossover between Formula 2 Stroke and the Vintage classes? There *could* be, but *was* there?

Quote Originally Posted by HawkEye#311 View Post
    Ok, I hear you Ken.

How about this one...

#1 Novice 600
    #3 Racer 5/Nu Speed
    #4 Rookie Challenge
    #5 Novice/Expert Open

#6 BOTT HW/ Lost Era LW
    #7 Novice SBK
    #9 Formula Femme
    #10 Expert 600
    #11 BOTT LW/ Vintage LW
    #12 Old Boys Cup

14 Lap Final

#13 Expert SBK
    Best one yet now get Rookie early in the day

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    If EX500 riders show up, they'll probably want to run both BOTT LW and Vintage LW. Both of these have been small classes and can be run with something else; the question is what that something else can be. Formula Femme has run together with other classes in the past; Vintage LW (or its equivalent at RACE) has been one of them. But it messes them up if they so happen to want to run in whatever that other class is that they're on track with at the same time. There was very low turnout for Vintage HW - even less than Vintage LW. I have no motivation for entering Vintage HW and it didn't bother me to be in the same race (actually, it was kinda entertaining chasing the bigger bikes with my little one). For some of these, you CAN have three or even more classes on track at the same time.

Much depends on how many riders actually show up for these.

Ken's suggestion for giving different classes the shaft each weekend is largely how RACE does this ...

Is there much crossover between Formula 2 Stroke and the Vintage classes? There *could* be, but *was* there?
    I would like to run Femme solo. I believe its growing and the ladies like to run solo as well as the spectating value. i know racers dont give a crap but spectators like it. Now if the class falls off and the numbers are not there then all bets are off. This schedule stuff is a moving target and we can only do so much.

Ok, I hear you Ken, I'm tryin'.

How about this one...

#1 Rookie Challenge
    #3 Novice 600
    #4 Racer 5/Nu Speed
    #5 Novice/Expert Open

#6 BOTT HW/ Lost Era LW
    #7 Novice SBK
    #9 Formula Femme
    #10 Expert 600
    #11 BOTT LW/ Vintage LW
    #12 Old Boys Cup

14 Lap Final

#13 Expert SBK
    98.1 Free FM's Racing Team
    SOAR 2011 Old Boys Championship Runner-up.
    Rocket.ca womex.ca TracksideCuts.com stoopidracing.com

Close, but BOTT LW and Vintage LW are still together (EX500 eligible for both classes). How about this. I don't think Lost Era HW is a big class? could be wrong. Formula 2 stroke is inherently a 2 stroke class and BOTT is a 4 stroke class, right - so no riders in both?

#1 Rookie Challenge
    #2 Formula 2 Stroke/BOTT LW
    #3 Novice 600
    #4 Racer 5/Nu Speed
    #5 Novice/Expert Open

#6 BOTT HW/ Lost Era LW
    #7 Novice SBK
    #9 Formula Femme
    #10 Expert 600
    #11 Lost Era HW / Vintage LW
    #12 Old Boys Cup

14 Lap Final

#13 Expert SBK

Switch race 3 and 5? You'll need more than a 20 minute gap between Rookie and Nov 600.

Looks like this ... (Is it not almost the same group of riders in Open and 600? Caboose I know you're not in both but a lot are - doesn't really make any difference for them) - Actually, I suppose having Novice 600 right before lunch would have its advantages in case it's mayhem

#1 Rookie Challenge
    #3 Novice/Expert Open
    #4 Racer 5/Nu Speed
    #5 Novice 600

#6 BOTT HW/ Lost Era LW
    #7 Novice SBK
    #9 Formula Femme
    #10 Expert 600
    #11 Lost Era HW / Vintage LW
    #12 Old Boys Cup

14 Lap Final

#13 Expert SBK

I think this year there were some that were in Rookie, Open and Novice 600.

The biggest thing that should be fixed is that Rookie and Novice 600 were both before the lunch break. I already said that the old schedule for Open and Novice Superbike wasn't terrible but I'd be useless as a provisional expert in Exp Superbike.

If Ken wants Rookie and Novice 600 before lunch then there's no point in changing anything. I don't agree with his reasons though. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    I think this year there were some that were in Rookie, Open and Novice 600.

The biggest thing that should be fixed is that Rookie and Novice 600 were both before the lunch break. I already said that the old schedule for Open and Novice Superbike wasn't terrible but I'd be useless as a provisional expert in Exp Superbike.

If Ken wants Rookie and Novice 600 before lunch then there's no point in changing anything. I don't agree with his reasons though. Whatever.
    Thats cause your not the guy that has to deal when things when shitt goes bad

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    Thats cause your not the guy that has to deal when things when shitt goes bad
    No, and you're not the guy that pits amidst a sea of 600 riders that all think having both races before lunch sucks.

Trust me there is NO bitching in the pits that I dont hear about. You honestly think that people dont come to me with complaints about absolutely everything from schedules to cold showers and lack of paper in the crapper?
    Dont you think that its a positive that at least I am listening? What other organization asks for comment and at least hears it?Especially in public? Let me help........none.
    Like I said before almost every person with schedule ideas are self serving. Whats good for some are not good for others. My ONLY interest is making the best choices as I see them and make as many content as I can. I will not please everyone but I will try. Sorry you feel that I am wrong but its my decision to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    Looks like this ... (Is it not almost the same group of riders in Open and 600? Caboose I know you're not in both but a lot are - doesn't really make any difference for them) - Actually, I suppose having Novice 600 right before lunch would have its advantages in case it's mayhem

#1 Rookie Challenge
    #3 Novice/Expert Open
    #4 Racer 5/Nu Speed
    #5 Novice 600

#6 BOTT HW/ Lost Era LW
    #7 Novice SBK
    #9 Formula Femme