Buy a new frame get a VIN number from MTO? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buy a new frame get a VIN number from MTO?

Re: Buy a new frame get a VIN number from MTO?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Thats good! Youve seen it too though? Perfectly good bike branded by Statefarm?

Yeah, it used to be that just about every state farm bike was branded, but like caboose said they realized that branded bikes aren't worth as much as clean ones. The insurance companies have found another way to screw us..lol selling clean title bikes with bent frames.

Quote Originally Posted by AC View Post
    Yeah, it used to be that just about every state farm bike was branded, but like caboose said they realized that branded bikes aren't worth as much as clean ones. The insurance companies have found another way to screw us..lol selling clean title bikes with bent frames.
    Ever see this come from the auctions before? They took off a demolished stator and cover, gutted the stator and rotor and put a good looking cover back on....When I was moving the engine around I noticed oil spilling out, what looked like a good motor actually had no stator or rotor, rash on the end of the crank, and a piece missing out of the cases....Arghhh

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Ever see this come from the auctions before? They took off a demolished stator and cover, gutted the stator and rotor and put a good looking cover back on....When I was moving the engine around I noticed oil spilling out, what looked like a good motor actually had no stator or rotor, rash on the end of the crank, and a piece missing out of the cases....Arghhh

Haven't seen that. But why can't they just leave stuff alone? I've had bikes show up with cut wiring harness', other bikes that were all there in the pics show up stripped of all the fairings, headlights, gauges, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    If the current owner opts to buy the bike back from the insurance co, the title remains clean. If they do not, and the bike is claimed by the insurance co then auctioned it will have a salvage title.
    Incorrect! If the title will remain clean depends on the amount of damage to the bike and mainly on the apraiser. If the bike has serious structural damage you might be able to buy it back but it will have a branded title, you can't have a clean title VIN when the frame is destroyed. Even if the damage is mostly cosmetic and the bike got "totaled" in the estimate, there's a pretty good chance it will get branded. Some insurance companies will brand perfectly good bikes with cosmetic damage, just so they don't have to insure the same bike on the street.